Beebe to receive first-team snaps

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's amazing how low floor players can make an immediate impact on a team.
As far as Beebe is concerned, what this team has with him is a hope that he'll develop in such a way as to challenge Hoffman. Baby steps. Whether he succeeds in that way or not remains to be seen. He's actually a rookie that's been considered as having possibilities. We'll see about that.

Chasing6

Reaction score
As far as Beebe is concerned, all this team has with him is a hope that he'll develop in such a way as to challenge Hoffman. Baby steps.
Not really sure how much Beebe needs to develop. He is bigger and more physical than Hoffman.

The only area of concern I heard about were his shot gun snaps. That does not seem like a long term fix to me.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Not really sure how much Beebe needs to develop. He is bigger and more physical than Hoffman.

The only area of concern I heard about were his shot gun snaps. That does not seem like a long term fix to me.
Exactly -- my hope is that he'll manage to improve his shotgun snaps well enough to take over for Hoffman before too many games have passed.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Well, actually deliver them.

From DC.com https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/guyton-beebe-to-step-into-first-team-reps-at-camp:

After a strong preseason debut, rookie Cooper Beebe is expected to pick up first-team reps at center starting with Tuesday's walkthrough practice.
"I really like what Cooper did," McCarthy said. "I thought he had quality snaps at center and guard. We're gonna give Cooper some opportunities here with the ones moving forward. He has earned that opportunity."
Beebe made the team. Good show, mammoth lad.
Our 3rd round pick is paying off!

J-man

Reaction score
If he and Guyton pan out and everyone can stay healthy, the o-line could be very good. And they have some pretty good depth behind them.

shabazz

Reaction score
Probably should wait until they’ve at least played a few regular season games before deciding they’re above average at their positions. How in god’s name fans can decide rookies are above average and an O-Line that has never played a real game together as a unit are “road graders” is ridiculous. There is no way of ascertaining that after a few weeks of training camp and one preseason game. The mindless wishful thinking is, I guess’ what happens after almost three decades of playoff futility. Can they play two or three games before nominating them for the Hall of Fame?
Hence the words "turning" and "would". I'm very careful about proclaiming victory before evidence,

My only point is that IF they both turn out to be above average it could solidify our line for time to come.

If there is to be a new or rookie qb here soon it's imperative that the oline is solid.....we don't ever want to see a Bryce Young, Panthers type situation here

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
This ... seemingly has disaster written all over it.
I'm quite sure that the Cowboys' staff joins me in hoping for his success.
If that doesn't materialize, he'll just have to work on it to improve. :grin:

This game is merely a preseason outing, so the results won't be crucial.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

From the stuff I've watched the last two days, he had one bad exchange in practice against the Rams yesterday and one in today's practice. I know the one today was a regular snap, not shotgun.

I don't know if he can get snapping down to the point where they can rely on him as the starting center entering the season. But I like that they are giving him some first-team time to see how he handles it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
As far as Beebe is concerned, what this team has with him is a hope that he'll develop in such a way as to challenge Hoffman. Baby steps. Whether he succeeds in that way or not remains to be seen. He's actually a rookie that's been considered as having possibilities. We'll see about that.
CooperB is All-American/All-Conf

Not easy to acquire those honors in NCAA.

Hoffman is not going to be C1.

He’s a scrub OL who has bounced around the NFL.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
CooperB is All-American/All-Conf

Not easy to acquire those honors in NCAA.

Obviously, Beebe is going to take over the #1 spot this year, since he's been assigned to that position lately. He's bigger and has more upside, or they wouldn't have bothered to promote him to that spot so quickly. It looks like he'll get the experience he'll need to develop into the kind of center that they're expecting him to become. If nothing else, Hoffman should make a capable backup and that's much to the team's advantage.

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Some have probably forgotten the Cowboys cut him and brought him back.

He was waived just last August and brought back to the PS.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Some have probably forgotten the Cowboys cut him and brought him back.

He was waived just last August and brought back to the PS.
Sometimes it's numbers game , sometimes you lose out on some good players trying to get guys on the practice squad and then back on your team while you're playing the show game with active players. We lost Ridgeway and some other players that same way... That doesn't make him a lesser player,

I like Hoffman I don't see how people don't see it the man is at least good enough to be mentioned as competition for the starting center spot and may end up swing C/G and somehow like we cut Connor Williams and Connor McGovern and now both of them are playing pretty well elsewhere I mean one of them was turned into a center or might have been career backup... And other guy saying how he's bounced around the league so has Brandon cooks, Amari Cooper, DeAndre Hopkins, OBJ, Terrell Owens, oh Von Miller etc etc and others.

by the way we also put Cooper rush on the practice squad a couple times in the past just to get through a week and then try to move him back and he didn't get taken but lots of players go through this and lots of players change teams that doesn't make him bad...

I mean this happens to good players and great players.