Been a fan since 1974

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haven't missed a game since. I'm the youngest in my family and no one else follows the sport. Roger, Drew, Too Tall and Randy sold me on this game....then I found out Tom Landry was born and raised 30 miles from me....I was hooked!
Football became my life and eventually, my livelihood....I can't wait for the season to start! Haters and homers, Salud! Let's get this party started!

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
I became a fan on January 1, 1967. I was 9 years old That’s the day that Dallas played the Green Bay Packers in the first NFL championship game between them. The one before the Ice Bowl. Meredith threw a desperation fourth down pass in the end zone to lose it. Didn’t really know what a Dallas Cowboy was before then. My dad had made a bet on the game… For the Cowboys… And I was just walking through the living room and heard the name Dallas. Hey I said to myself that’s in Texas. So I sat down and watched the game and immediately fell in love with the team and with the sport Drove my parents crazy during the off-season asking them when the next game would be.
The last 27 years have dampened a lot of the passion that I had, but you can never really erase the strong imprint that is created between a boy and his favorite sports teams. So while I’m not expecting a championship the way I did back in the day, I’ll still watch every play of every game. Cheer like crazy for the victories and the good plays Curse like a stevedore at the losses and the bad plays. I can’t help myself

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I became a fan on January 1, 1967. I was 9 years old That’s the day that Dallas played the Green Bay Packers in the first NFL championship game between them. The one before the Ice Bowl. Meredith threw a desperation fourth down pass in the end zone to lose it. Didn’t really know what a Dallas Cowboy was before then. My dad had made a bet on the game… For the Cowboys… And I was just walking through the living room and heard the name Dallas. Hey I said to myself that’s in Texas. So I sat down and watched the game and immediately fell in love with the team and with the sport Drove my parents crazy during the off-season asking them when the next game would be.
The last 27 years have dampened a lot of the passion that I had, but you can never really erase the strong imprint that is created between a boy and his favorite sports teams. So while I’m not expecting a championship the way I did back in the day, I’ll still watch every play of every game. Cheer like crazy for the victories and the good plays Curse like a stevedore at the losses and the bad plays. I can’t help myself
Staying loyal in the lean years means you're a true fan. Salud!

Hayseed

Reaction score
Haven't missed a game since. I'm the youngest in my family and no one else follows the sport. Roger, Drew, Too Tall and Randy sold me on this game....then I found out Tom Landry was born and raised 30 miles from me....I was hooked!
Football became my life and eventually, my livelihood....I can't wait for the season to start! Haters and homers, Salud! Let's get this party started!
You must be about my age. Been a fan since 74 myself. I was 10 years old back then. Now Im 58. Like you,...I havent missed a game since I first started watching. Forty eight years......Sounds crazy when I think about it. Been living and dying with this team a long time,.....aint no quitting now! Yep......time to get this party started AGAIN!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You must be about my age. Been a fan since 74 myself. I was 10 years old back then. Now Im 58. Like you,...I havent missed a game since I first started watching. Forty eight years......Sounds crazy when I think about it. Been living and dying with this team a long time,.....aint no quitting now! Yep......time to get this party started AGAIN!
I'm 56....I'll buy you a drink at a senior citizen bar one day!

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Staying loyal in the lean years means you're a true fan. Salud!
Well 1974 wasn’t the best year to start out a fan. As I remember the team went eight and six that year and missed the playoffs. Had a lot of talent that left, many to go to the USFL. 1975 though was just crazy good. The dirty dozen reinvigorated the franchise and took us to the Super Bowl.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Been a fan since 1975.
Coach Landry and Roger's outspoken stance about their Christian Faith and excellence on the field made me an avid fan.
Been following ever since!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I became a Cowboys fan on January 16, 1972. Super Bowl VI was the very first Cowboys game I watched. I’ve experienced most of the highs and lows with the organization. I’ll be following the team until the day I clock out. It’s till death do us part for me and the Cowboys.

Motorola

Reaction score
Started watching as a toddler on a black & white tv (hence my CZ moniker) in 1962.
Missed '64 & '65 seasons when our family moved to Germany to be with our Dad (U.S. Army).
Kept up with the Cowboys and the NFL by reading the papers.
Returned to the States early in 1966; so was settled in to watch the Cowboys first-ever winning season culminated in hosting the NFL Championship game.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
Been a fan since '75 because my father was a Steelers fan. I've been recently watching games from '77 and '78 at work, thinking I may have missed them. I find a game and start it without looking to see who won. The last two games I loaded up the Cowboys lost. And they only lost 6 games in both seasons combined.

They're actually fun to watch, even though I do remember some of what I'm watching.

Motorola

Reaction score
Well 1974 wasn’t the best year to start out a fan. As I remember the team went eight and six that year and missed the playoffs. Had a lot of talent that left, many to go to the USFL. 1975 though was just crazy good. The dirty dozen reinvigorated the franchise and took us to the Super Bowl.
Still, 1974 was season No. 9 in the 20 consecutive winning seasons streak.

Motorola

Reaction score
Still, 1974 was season No. 9 in the 20 consecutive winning seasons streak.