Before camp begins, do you believe Cowboys have talent to win a super bowl this year?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Here’s a good barometer. What other division would we be picked to win?

Not saying your wrong but asking going into 2020 do you think they were picked to be that bad? And if Rogers is out they could be picked to win the north, but to your point probably only the east.

coult44

Reaction score
Can we create poll threads by ourselves?

Poll question:
Before camp begins, looking at this roster (both players and coaches are part of the roster but specifically not the GM) do you believe the Cowboys have the talent to win a super bowl this year?

Yes or no. Not are they going to win the super bowl but do they have the talent. No answers contingent on anything (e.g injuries or luck). Just a big picture talent evaluation. Roster talent for this poll includes players and coaches, but not the GM.

I’d like to see this poll right before camp opens and the same poll after camp ends.

At this time every year we should all be full of hope. Anything can happen. But, for a super bowl to happen for us we need a HUGE turnaround on defense. Like a worst to first type turn. The DL is as bad as it gets. The LB’s were worst in the NFL. We had one average (rookie) corner, and The Jones family thinks we don’t have to have a good safety to win. Nothing has changed as far as spending so we didn’t improve much on paper. Can Quinn be a savior? Can some rookie LB’s and corners really help? I hope, but I have to be shown.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not saying your wrong but asking going into 2020 do you think they were picked to be that bad? And if Rogers is out they could be picked to win the north, but to your point probably only the east.
They would have been picked to be that bad losing their QB.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
They would have been picked to be that bad losing their QB.

Yes but before the season, they were not picked to be that bad...last year was the perfect storm of crappiness.....I think (because we had to watch it)...its hard for us to unsee the ugly we saw last year...this team is not that bad.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes but before the season, they were not picked to be that bad...last year was the perfect storm of crappiness.....I think (because we had to watch it)...its hard for us to unsee the ugly we saw last year...this team is not that bad.
It is that bad without our QB and one of worst defenses.

Even with everyone healthy we were picked by most to be around 6th or7th in conference . Borderline playoff team. Best shot was to win worst division.

We had everyone healthy in 2019 and finished 8-8.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It is that bad without our QB and one of worst defenses.

Even with everyone healthy we were picked by most to be around 6th or7th in conference . Borderline playoff team. Best shot was to win worst division.

We had everyone healthy in 2019 and finished 8-8.

True....lets see if the HC change would help as most said we severly under performed for the talent we had in 2019.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Poll question:
Before camp begins, looking at this roster (both players and coaches are part of the roster but specifically not the GM) do you believe the Cowboys have the talent to win a super bowl this year?

Yes or no. Not are they going to win the super bowl but do they have the talent. No answers contingent on anything (e.g injuries or luck). Just a big picture talent evaluation. Roster talent for this poll includes players and coaches, but not the GM.

I’d like to see this poll right before camp opens and the same poll after camp ends.

100% absolutely NOT!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No. Defense is a mess. Offense is one injured player on the WR or OL to derail Dak and this offense.

Let the defense show promise this year and I'll consider it next year.

You mean like a Collins or a Tyron Smith or a Jarwin? Cuz all 3 of those guys were either out the whole time or partially out last year while Dak was our QB and we had the best offense in NFL history and averaged 32 points per game. Another one of your dumb comments gets blown out of the water instantly!!!! :yourock:

Sydla

Reaction score
No.

Offensively, yes. But defensively, no. This kind of reminds me of those 2014/16 situations where we where the offense just covered up for defensive deficiencies but once they got into the playoffs and faced a legit offense and/or QB, the flaws of the defense became exposed.

If this team makes a deep run this year, Quinn will have done one hell of a job with that defense IMO.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

Poll question:

I feel like every year I say yes. Why change it up now? Yes.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Talk to me after the preseason. On offense I have no doubt we have the talent. Too much we don't know about the talent or lack thereof on defense.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
No.

This team does not possess a championship caliber defense.
I am thinking along the lines of the above.
But will stick my neck out and say the defence will turn a corner but not enough for the SB.
A deep playoff run tyvm then build on that next year ( is the hope anyway)