Before camp begins, do you believe Cowboys have talent to win a super bowl this year?

CooterBrown

Reaction score
In this age of parity, draft combines, and schedules based on last year’s record, EVERY team with a decent quarterback has the talent to win the Super Bowl. The difference in this league is coaching. Coaches who can get the most out of the talent they have available win games and championships. Teams that think “any one of 500 coaches can win with this talent” are delusional.
So, my answer is, “yes, this team has the talent to win the Super Bowl.”
My own question would be, “does this team have the coaching to win a Super Bowl?”

plasticman

Reaction score
Hmn...sounds to me like your asking.....

Do these Cowboys have the singular focus and uncompromised commitment to give everything they have and expect everything their teammates have and lay everything on the field for this chance....this one chance.....this year, that is.....to give 100.....no,1000......that is 1,000,000% effort towards accomplishing this twenty five year long, elusive goal of a Super Bowl ring......well, do they???

........maybe......it's possible.....

Redline360

Reaction score
No

To many questions on the defensive side. Don't believe we have the right coaches to adapt around injuries or game schemes.

Dak is a 40m question mark, can the OL stay healthy.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Hmn...sounds to me like your asking.....

Do these Cowboys have the singular focus and uncompromised commitment to give everything they have and expect everything their teammates have and lay everything on the field for this chance....this one chance.....this year, that is.....to give 100.....no,1000......that is 1,000,000% effort towards accomplishing this twenty five year long, elusive goal of a Super Bowl ring......well, do they???

........maybe......it's possible.....

No, not asking that at all.

Praxit

Reaction score
...dont want to jinx the year. Anything is possible, we see it every year. There's a reason some are called Cinderella teams. Logic dictates, where the devil laughs with a pebble in his shoe.

Praxit

Reaction score
In this age of parity, draft combines, and schedules based on last year’s record, EVERY team with a decent quarterback has the talent to win the Super Bowl. The difference in this league is coaching. Coaches who can get the most out of the talent they have available win games and championships. Teams that think “any one of 500 coaches can win with this talent” are delusional.
So, my answer is, “yes, this team has the talent to win the Super Bowl.”
My own question would be, “does this team have the coaching to win a Super Bowl?”
....Cooper gets it. Lots of variables need to fall in place, but yes.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I do believe the Cowboys have all the talent it takes to render me entertained.

Beyond that, I'll be content to enjoy their games minus the huge expectations.

This is sure to be a year that will require many tough adjustments to be made.

Thinking they're capable of winning the Super Bowl seems like a fanciful idea.

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So stoked.

It's a blank canvas right now but tomorrow the first brush strokes are applied to our Mona Lisa.

We are finally at the end of this 26 year plan.

I love you guys but Cowboys! in all your faces.

BigDPlayer

Reaction score
Can we create poll threads by ourselves?

Poll question:
Before camp begins, looking at this roster (both players and coaches are part of the roster but specifically not the GM) do you believe the Cowboys have the talent to win a super bowl this year?

Yes or no. Not are they going to win the super bowl but do they have the talent. No answers contingent on anything (e.g injuries or luck). Just a big picture talent evaluation. Roster talent for this poll includes players and coaches, but not the GM.

I’d like to see this poll right before camp opens and the same poll after camp ends.

YES!!

plasticman

Reaction score
No, not asking that at all.
Okay......because they have the talent. They've had the talent through much of the 2000's.

Three fourths of this league have the talent.

I'm really only half joking about the attributes I mentioned. They do have to be focused on that goal of getting there, the entire franchise. Focus may be more important than talent. The coaching may be more important than talent.

The Cowboys have the talent. I think they may have the coaches. They don't have the management.

Lobbying for the Hall of Fame game and Hard Knocks are two prime examples of not being focused.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Offense, yes no doubt.
Defense, too many many questions, as to say if the talent is there, so I will say no.
Coaching, I am not sure, based on some bad calls last season, but in a weird season. But I think I am more yes and no.

Overall, I have to say no. Not so much talent wise overall, but just not ready for the next step.

Now I think they do have the talent to win the division and even a playoff game. Beyond that I just need to wait and see what happens on the field.

No staff hasn't got their system actualized. The players that will be instrumental in getting there are 1st 2nd year players. I keep saying next year next year

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Preseason answers no such questions. It's practice, with uniforms, lights, and TV.

It doesn't matter but it answers many questions. The second halves of these games are romper rooms of bad competition. The first halves are guys competing for jobs.

Last year we could have seen that Poe couldn't move or Griffin couldn't play.

This year we have a bunch of new guys playing we haven't seen before and they are all going to be playing a new defensive scheme.

Can our corners maintain top technique and not get murdered underneath?
Do we have enough range at safety and LB?
Are guys getting breaks on throws from the scheme?
How is the anchor on the front?
How is their balance/body control on the move?
How are we tackling?
Is the front four getting push and penetration?
Who can finish their pass rush and blitzes?
How much are they improving over time?

Will we have definite answers? Not completely but surety is an illusion. We will have a much better idea of what these players can and cannot do.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Okay......because they have the talent. They've had the talent through much of the 2000's.

Three fourths of this league have the talent.

I'm really only half joking about the attributes I mentioned. They do have to be focused on that goal of getting there, the entire franchise. Focus may be more important than talent. The coaching may be more important than talent.

The Cowboys have the talent. I think they may have the coaches. They don't have the management.

Lobbying for the Hall of Fame game and Hard Knocks are two prime examples of not being focused.

My take is that the GM’s primary job is to assemble the talent and coaching to compete for a super bowl. The rest is up to the players and coaches.

Interesting you say the team does and has had the talent to win but not the management to win.

Jipper

Reaction score
No...and it's ok, I don't expect them to.

You don't go from one of the worst defenses in history to superbowl in one season unless you signed a bunch of fas, which we didn't, and hit on the draft big time.

I think it will be a super exciting and fun season watching the young talent....kinda has a 1991 type of feel to it honestly

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
...dont want to jinx the year. Anything is possible, we see it every year.

We've seen 20 different teams play in at least 1 Super Bowl since the last time Dallas played in one, and the Cowboys miss the playoffs 14 times since 2000.

I believe the "jinx" has been located.

stephen-in-his-offce.jpg

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No they don't. Now if every player was healthy and hit their max potential then maybe but that's not real world. Most of our veterans on defense are avarage players needing to be replaced but the rookies are well rookies. Is Parsons going to change the defense by himself? No, so some other young guy also need to play well. Do we have another diggs on the roster? Even he had issues last year.