Before I organize the Sean Lee HOF party

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Unfortunate with Lee. He's such a great player when he's healthy. He's a big time playmaker, a difference maker but he just can't seem to stay away from injuries. It's not his fault, he just got the unlucky draw of being prone to injury.

black label

Reaction score
tumblr_lidrsoLJ4Y1qdpeouo1_500.gif

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
What's crazy with Lee is it's something different every time. Toe, knee, concussion, on and on.....at least if it was a recurring injury there would be a rhyme or reason. He hasn't played great the last two games but I was excited to see what he could do with McClain in the lineup to maybe take some pressure off of him. Lee wouldn't have made a difference against the Pats anyway, so hopefully he uses this week and the bye to get healthy and comes back to play the Giants

perrykemp

Reaction score
What's crazy with Lee is it's something different every time. Toe, knee, concussion, on and on.....at least if it was a recurring injury there would be a rhyme or reason.

Playing LB the NFL is brutal business.

I just look at the body type of Sean Lee and it just doesn't seem to be typical of guys who have had long-ish careers in the NFL at that position.

He has always seeme to me to be very thin for the positon. I wonder if he is playing in the high 220s this season.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
He'll be back after the bye week. That was a legit wicked whack to his noggin, I wish folks would stop speaking about him as being made of glass. He plays at only one speed which tends to get him injured, is all. He is one of our best player so please, less disrespect for the guy.
He's a great player , but he also dissappears at times, or make plays after a first down has occurred. My biggest concern is that he gets injured to easily. That is a brutal position, and he's not the only one that goes 100% but others don't get hurt nearly as much.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, a Cowboyszone fan criticized me because I pointed out how injury prone Sean Lee is - as if that was like unlocking the mystery of Revelation.

I'm sorry. I can't get too hyped about him anymore. He should be a spokesman for Peanut Brittle.

:laugh:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He's a great player , but he also dissappears at times, or make plays after a first down has occurred. My biggest concern is that he gets injured to easily. That is a brutal position, and he's not the only one that goes 100% but others don't get hurt nearly as much.

And I will submit to you that no LB in the NFL, hit like Lee was hit would be active today. If you are speaking in generality, yes he has been hurt a lot but that isn't news. But that's not being fair to him on why he is out right now.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
And I will submit to you that no LB in the NFL, hit like Lee was hit would be active today. If you are speaking in generality, yes he has been hurt a lot but that isn't news. But that's not being fair to him on why he is out right now.

Never half a player who always seem to be injured half half so many acolytes. He must half a dynamic personality.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Never half a player who always seem to be injured half half so many acolytes. He must half a dynamic personality.

I love watching him play. When healthy, he's one of the best LB's I've ever seen. He has it all. Solid speed, great cover skills, great in the run game, great at snuffing out screens, etc. I would take him over Luke Keuchly if they were healthy the same amount and I think Keuchly is fantastic.

But, it has gotten to the point where the organization needs to view his injuries as such where they need to count his performance and his replacement's performance as one and then assess if that combined production is worth the amount of money he's getting. My guess is that it's not.

He's a coach killer. He's so good when healthy that it makes people dream of what he could do playing an entire season, but in reality it's just fool's gold.

YR

ShiningStar

Reaction score
You have to wonder at what point Lee and Lee's family just take a step back and ask themselves if this is worth it anymore.

you got to ask when the team does that, everyone loves Lee, but this is not helping the team at all.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

First of all... the word is have, not "half". If you are smart enough to use the word "acolytes" and spell it correctly then you are smart enough to know the difference between have and half. Now, let's have an intellectual conversation or don't reply at all.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I love watching him play. When healthy, he's one of the best LB's I've ever seen. He has it all. Solid speed, great cover skills, great in the run game, great at snuffing out screens, etc. I would take him over Luke Keuchly if they were healthy the same amount and I think Keuchly is fantastic.

But, it has gotten to the point where the organization needs to view his injuries as such where they need to count his performance and his replacement's performance as one and then assess if that combined production is worth the amount of money he's getting. My guess is that it's not.

He's a coach killer. He's so good when healthy that it makes people dream of what he could do playing an entire season, but in reality it's just fool's gold.

YR

I was ready to label your post as one from an enabler, one with rose-colored glasses. But you rose to the ocassion. He's a coach killer, gift but brittle. That will be his legacy.