Beginning of the End

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You are a complete moron if you think Jerry had anything to do with us winning. The only right move he ever made was hiring Jimmy. Everything after that was ALL Jimmy. The last real chance we had at any type of real winning since Jimmy was with Parcells when Tony botched the snap. Jerry is not only a curse but he is in the way of allowing this team to compete.
You just contradicted yourself. But that’s what morons and ignorant people usually do. Jerry did nothing to help this team, LMAO, but he did hire Jimmy LAMO

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You pushed Jerry’s narrative that any coach could take the ‘90s cowboys to the Super Bowl but that was proven false. Hell, after the cowboys beat the Vikings in the ‘96 wild card they wouldn’t win another playoff game until 2009
Yes, but they did win one, lol

J_Allen

Reaction score
You’re welcome to your opinion obviously. The owner of the Cowboys along with Jimmy Johnson took the team to the Super Bowl three times. But only one person gets credit, it’s just like only one person gets blame now Prescott lol if it wasn’t for Jerry , Emmett would never have happened
Shante carver, Alundis Bryce, Hurvin mccormick, Kenny Wheaton.... yeah Jimmy's not drafting crap like that. Thank you so much, jerry. Excellent finds!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
And then Barry Switzer took them for another ring . So was Jerry right anybody could take these Cowboys to another Super Bowl
That’s the issue right there. Jerry won another ring and thought it’s just as simple as signing Primetime to build another championship team.

30 years later…. :banghead:

Jerry once told a reporter that in retrospect he should have let go of Switzer after winning the Super Bowl. Half right. Let go of the HC AND the GM and move on. Ego satisfied, you won one without Jimmy, but you sure as hell never built one from the bottom up like Jimmy, or even Parcells.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That’s the issue right there. Jerry won another ring and thought it’s just as simple as signing Primetime to build another championship team.

Jerry once told a reporter that in retrospect he should have let go of Switzer after winning the Super Bowl. Half right. Let go of the HC AND the GM and move on. Ego satisfied, you won one without Jimmy, but you sure as hell never built one from the bottom up like Jimmy, or even Parcells.
Jerry sucks. What do you want?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Shante carver, Alundis Bryce, Hurvin mccormick, Kenny Wheaton.... yeah Jimmy's not drafting crap like that. Thank you so much, jerry. Excellent finds!
Yeah so lol who did jimmy take with the supplement draft pick? A quarterback, they didn’t last three days. I love the nitpicking, lol. Personally I could give a crap but.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

He did build one from the bottom up, he did it with Jimmy . It takes a franchise to win a championship. From the owner down to the locker room staff Waterboy. You need everybody.

oldcorvetteguy

Reaction score
Abundance of first round draft picks will get anybody Super Bowl almost lol
We don’t get top 10 draft picks because we’re 50-50 team and have been for the past 28 years average and nothing more. When you play average football, you draft average. When you play terrible football you draft high. And this salary cap game it’s all about the draft and your position in it. We have to fail for three or four seasons before this team will ever be on top again.
And hope Doofus Jerry drafts well.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Yeah so lol who did jimmy take with the supplement draft pick? A quarterback, they didn’t last three days. I love the nitpicking, lol. Personally I could give a crap but.
He drafted several Hall of Fame players and Pro Bowlers in Miami. He's not going to hit on all of them.

Meanwhile, Jerry drafted temp workers.

Skynet

Reaction score
I never pushed the narrative. I don’t have an agenda. I was just stating a Fact that Jerry took a second coach to the Super Bowl. And that was it lol and how is that proven wrong? Barry is not Jimmy Johnson’s clone lol . Learn the difference between fact and your opinion.
Bullspit . You were clearly trying to defend Jerry . At least have the balls to admit it . You were talking about berry taking the cowboys to the Super Bowl was evidence that cowboys could win the Super Bowl with any coach. I destroyed that narrative by mentioning that the cowboys never came close to success they had under jimmy and now you’re throwing a temper tantrums . Maybe try not have such ridiculous takes if you don’t won’t to be called out