Being real about the qb

Einstein

Reaction score
Mahomes threw 3 TDs yesterday in the loss. Dak had zero. Being a contributor in a loss vs a non-factor is what I am talking about here. The Cowboys needed a few plays from their QB, it obviously was not enough for KC.
And both lost... how many drops did Mahomes WR make, and how many BS OPI calls that would have been TD's did KC have against them?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Excuses are like... sure Mahomes is hurt, but if that's why he can't make the throws? Then maybe he shouldn't be out there... I get that we lost to a winless team, and trust me I'm not happy about it, but the whole your QB isn't elite because he can't carry your team thing is BS.

> Yeah the QB is injured and limited
> Yeah, they lost to a couple of good teams
> Yeah, it's comparable to us losing to a winless Jets

.....lol k, kid. You sure as hell aren't Einstein.

starfan1

Reaction score
So, a 30+ million dollar QB is part of the problem, and he's not the solution....
30 is just the going rate actually a bit higher and i no problem with that number and there are 3 QB's in this league ATM that fit the criteria of what youre looking for ones in NE ones in GB and the other in KC and yesterday showed you in KC if a solid defense comes in with a good scheme they can be beat.Possibly Russell Wilson also. I really am ok with the franchise tag next year not because i think dak cant do the job because i do. He is a winning QB hes proved it in fact he won just as much as previous QB but this team has made mistakes paying their supposed war daddy, their running back and possibly their LB if they want to wait to pay Dak i have no issue

Every QB needs help and if you look in San fran Jimmy G is 5-0 and I dont think anyone thought he was worth his contract they past couple years well he has a team now. Goff got paid do you think it was because of him they made the SB last year nope it wasn't

gmb1

Reaction score
I don't care who the quarterback is nothing's gonna change with the Jones in charge

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
but if anybody thinks Dak Prescott has $30million a year waiting on him you should prob find another team to root for because you are clueless about where and how the cowboys are and are not spending their money.

The dude can’t throw a 12 yard out route and you think they are going to pay him? Lol. They could pay a 1st round pick that actually has arm talent, 4 years of salary for what dak wants to get paid in one year. And dak sucks!

I’m tired of hearing about this dak is a leader crap. Dak has never led a football to anything important. A week 4-5 #1 ranking before playing bama is for the tv people to sell the game. That’s why miss st lost 2-3 more games after that. Dak is trash and we just gotta deal it with it this year.

Real cowboy fans will think big picture. Dak fans will think about dak. Figure out what you are fellas

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.............that's a REAL snorefest.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Just because players are drafted in the first round, doesn't make them great.

LVE has flat sucked this year.

When was the last time Byron Jones made a play on the ball??

Taco?

Even Martin and Frederick have struggled this year.

Zeke seems to make critical errors in key moments, dropped passes, fumbles, not to mention does incredibly dumb things seemingly every offseason.....but seems to get a free pass from everyone.

But hey, let's slag the QB who has one of the the highest QBR's in the NFL this season, who was killed by an average Jets line yesterday and whose receivers dropped a half dozen passes last night.

Agree. Same can be said about 4th rounders.....it’s 2020, they can measure arm strength, no problem. Dak was drafted as a project, it’s time to admit the project didn’t pan out and move on to the next. It happens

mardwin

Reaction score
Until we get a real head coach, we can't accurately ***** Dak.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Whether people like it or not, the NFL is a quarterback-driven league. And Dak is not among the elite. He's Alex Smith, Kirk Cousins and Case Keenum.
Stop blaming the defense. Dak could not get us into the end zone. If your defense isn't play well, your offense has to. We settled for field goals. Sorry, but THAT is on your QUARTERBACK!
I've tried to give Dak the benefit of the doubt. But experience is the best teacher. And experience says it is EXTREMELY difficult to teach an old dog new tricks. Dak is the same as he was his second year, the same he was his third year. He is inaccurate for the most part. He wilts under pressure. His passes sailed high on several throws in the Jets game. The Cowboys don't trust him inside the red zone.
And please spare me the "he just needs better players surrounding him." If that's the case, why do we need him? Why not just get a poor to average quarterback, pay him less and let him play quarterback? We need a quarterback WHO GIVES US AN ADVANTAGE not one who only gets better when the team around him gets better. Any quarterback will due with the latter situation.
But we're stuck because of league rules and because of the stubbornness of our owner.
Get use to continued mediocrity because nothing is going to change until major changes occur from the top down.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
And both lost... how many drops did Mahomes WR make, and how many BS OPI calls that would have been TD's did KC have against them?
The question I should have asked first. Do you not see a difference between the QB play of Mahomes and Prescott?

Cydios

Reaction score
Then it goes back to the question on "who?" There's not many prospects out there that stand out.

cheyennes

Reaction score
Prescott isnt a pocket passer, if we play more readzone rpo with 10 personal, with 4 wr , any defense dont be a happy blitzers.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Pretty sure the running back carried him that game.

Probably because everything we game planned for was to stop Rodgers

When was the last time, if ever, a defense actually game planned to stop Prescott? Everybody treats us the same. You try to stop Zeke and if you succeed you stop our offense

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Dak is a 25m quarterback as he sits now.

Total over a 3 year contract, yes

No, I want a true elite franchise QB to run the team. I don't want to pay an Alex Smith elite QB money. Let some other trash organization do it, we're the Cowboys, we used to have standards.

Why are you content with settling for mediocrity? Because Dak's rookie season gave you false hope? Get a grip.

Bbbbbbuttt, don't you remember the new "youthful energy" from 2016? Don't you remember that breakfast cereal video that had everybody fawning all over him? Doesn't that count???

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Every position on the roster has been upgraded with 1st round draft picks. LB, D-line twice (plus paid one), secondary has Byron Jones and a couple decent guys that were borderline 1st round. Offensive lineman def has them, rb yep good there, wr made the trade for amari.......guess what position hasn’t been touched? Yep, your beloved golden child’s position hasn’t been. Ole #4. If anybody thinks he is getting a contract without a deep playoff run (which I doubt they even go to playoffs cause eagles are better than them. Hell I doubt they win more than 7 games to be honest)......but if anybody thinks Dak Prescott has $30million a year waiting on him you should prob find another team to root for because you are clueless about where and how the cowboys are and are not spending their money.

The dude can’t throw a 12 yard out route and you think they are going to pay him? Lol. They could pay a 1st round pick that actually has arm talent, 4 years of salary for what dak wants to get paid in one year. And dak sucks!

I’m tired of hearing about this dak is a leader crap. Dak has never led a football to anything important. A week 4-5 #1 ranking before playing bama is for the tv people to sell the game. That’s why miss st lost 2-3 more games after that. Dak is trash and we just gotta deal it with it this year.

Real cowboy fans will think big picture. Dak fans will think about dak. Figure out what you are fellas

You are doing anything but keeping it real. The receivers had FIVE dropped passes yesterday. The oline was not good, Dak got pounded into submission over and over.

The defense was dominated most of the game and when they finally cut the lead to 5 they immediately let the Jets march up the field for an easy FG making it an 8 point game.

Funny how your version of real ignores a ton of real facts.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Dak isnt the best but he far and away not a problem....

this defense is a bigger concern
For the most part I can agree but if you don't have at least a top 10 QB its a problem. The defense is two weeks away from limiting NO to 12 points and talk all you want 22 pts yesterday isn't the worst in the world. I think people like Dak because they think he's a nice guy and all that. I agree on that but he's a problem that needs to addressed first chance we have at doing so just like certain positions on D also.

Coy

Reaction score
Dak's good enough, he ain't a top tier QB, I think most of us can agree to that, but he is a capable QB that could lead a good team to a SB if everything falls into place.
Is that ideal? of course not, but it is where we are right now.
The problem with this team is clearly the HC, as long as he is here, this team ain't winning anything.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
For the most part I can agree but if you don't have at least a top 10 QB its a problem. The defense is two weeks away from limiting NO to 12 points and talk all you want 22 pts yesterday isn't the worst in the world. I think people like Dak because they think he's a nice guy and all that. I agree on that but he's a problem that needs to addressed first chance we have at doing so just like certain positions on D also.

2 fumbles, zero running game, holding penalties, a few dropped passes etc. Let's not pretend Dak is the guy holding this team back.

He isn't Peyton Manning etc who can overcome endless mistakes but he is a good QB.