Belicheat out as HC at NE after the season

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

‘A decision was made' on Belichick's future with Patriots​

Don't expect a late-season surge to change the end result in New England.

By Darren Hartwell

According to Patriots insider Tom E. Curran, the Patriots' embarrassing 10-6 loss to the Indianapolis Colts in Frankfurt, Germany on Nov. 12 led to the team concluding it would part ways with Belichick after the 2023 season.

"When they came out of Germany, conversations I had that week made it very clear that a decision was made," Curran said Monday on NBC Sports Boston's Arbella Early Edition, as seen in the video above. "They were going to play out the string, and at the end of the year there would be a parting of the ways, for a variety of reasons."

https://www.nbcsportsboston.com/nfl...cision-bill-belichick-future-patriots/572113/

32BellyOption

Reaction score

‘A decision was made' on Belichick's future with Patriots​

Don't expect a late-season surge to change the end result in New England.

By Darren Hartwell

According to Patriots insider Tom E. Curran, the Patriots' embarrassing 10-6 loss to the Indianapolis Colts in Frankfurt, Germany on Nov. 12 led to the team concluding it would part ways with Belichick after the 2023 season.

"When they came out of Germany, conversations I had that week made it very clear that a decision was made," Curran said Monday on NBC Sports Boston's Arbella Early Edition, as seen in the video above. "They were going to play out the string, and at the end of the year there would be a parting of the ways, for a variety of reasons."

https://www.nbcsportsboston.com/nfl...cision-bill-belichick-future-patriots/572113/

He’ll end up in DC.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Unless he wanted to leave, I would do everything possible to give him the talent needed to do what he's shown he can do. Coaches take a lot more blame than they deserve for failures. Seems like when a coach who wins multiple Super Bowls fails, it's more of an indictment on your personnel people. (If the coach is one of those people, you take that responsibility away from him.)

Of course, it's not that easy to find another Brady.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Like so many great coaches at some point they turn into "My club" with thier coaches, they dont want voices in the room that will point out flaws in the system... I know most will scream "It was Brady" honestly he stopped trying to hire good Coordinators and literally stuck with family and its been bad. Whatched this happen at TCU with GMFP..its hard to watch when it happens.

slick325

Reaction score
They are in a position to draft one of the QBs in the 2024 Draft. I'm surprised they won't let him get a shot at coaching with a better QB than Mac Jones.

Maybe Kraft is done because of the choice of Mac Jones and his lack of development.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Even Landry had to be forced out.

Honestly though I agree with what I heard on The Bill Simmons Podcast.

He just needs to give up GM duties and he’ll probably still be able to coach well enough.

But he may be too much of a control freak to know how to make that work?

MojaveJT

Reaction score
If it wasn’t clear then, it should be clear now. TB12 was the main reason why the Pats dominated for so long. For him to leave and win a SB with another team is crazy.

TB12 = GOAT