Belicheat out as HC at NE after the season

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Brady won a Super Bowl with another team so this doesn’t really support your argument. No one said Brady was good enough to win with scrubs. They just said that everything that Belichick had to do was significantly easier because he had Brady.
So...Bill is supposed to win with scrubs?

Brady winning elsewhere doesn't negate his argument either, because the "elsewhere" was a team with a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. They just needed someone to not throw 30 INTs.

Hoods

Reaction score
So...Bill is supposed to win with scrubs?

Brady winning elsewhere doesn't negate his argument either, because the "elsewhere" was a team with a ton of talent on both sides of the ball. They just needed someone to not throw 30 INTs.
Look up who the GM responsible for bringing on these scrubs is. Then you’ll see my point.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
They are in a position to draft one of the QBs in the 2024 Draft. I'm surprised they won't let him get a shot at coaching with a better QB than Mac Jones.

Maybe Kraft is done because of the choice of Mac Jones and his lack of development.
Belicheck is the Gm also.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Unless he wanted to leave, I would do everything possible to give him the talent needed to do what he's shown he can do. Coaches take a lot more blame than they deserve for failures. Seems like when a coach who wins multiple Super Bowls fails, it's more of an indictment on your personnel people. (If the coach is one of those people, you take that responsibility away from him.)

Of course, it's not that easy to find another Brady.
He's the Gm, he's responsible for the talent

1942willys

Reaction score
Brady won a Super Bowl with another team so this doesn’t really support your argument. No one said Brady was good enough to win with scrubs. They just said that everything that Belichick had to do was significantly easier because he had Brady.
obviously you have not visited all the threads where the same half dozen or so said it was all Brady.
They never responded when I asked them the questions about the roster and hiring the staff and so on

1942willys

Reaction score
BB earned a lot of the cred for putting in a system that lasted twenty years; longer than any other with the exception of Landry and Shula, if I recall it right.
Now he was not able to replace Brady but I would remind you of the fun Shula had replacing Griese; And Landry after white was gone
BUT according to these same football 'historians' they were garbage only elevated by great QBs

1942willys

Reaction score
He would be stupid to go there. My guess is somewhere he thinks has a good QB. Probably the Chargers.
I honestly do not think he will take anything other than a HC position at a team that is strong and ready to compete; and I am SURE it will be one with a real good QB
whether he CAN retire is the question; maybe he really cannot think of doing anything else but be a NFL HC.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He's the Gm, he's responsible for the talent
Then take that role away from him or at least limit it. Scott Pioli was the player personnel man when the Patriots built their dynasty.

It's been proven over and over in the past that a Super Bowl coach is not always super when it comes to picking the right players. Now, if Belichick refuses to give up that control, then I think you would have to move on.

Flamma

Reaction score
I honestly do not think he will take anything other than a HC position at a team that is strong and ready to compete; and I am SURE it will be one with a real good QB
whether he CAN retire is the question; maybe he really cannot think of doing anything else but be a NFL HC.
Of course. In today's game, coaches are nothing without a good QB. I think he's going to coach until he gets the record. Then retire.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

‘A decision was made' on Belichick's future with Patriots​

Don't expect a late-season surge to change the end result in New England.

By Darren Hartwell

According to Patriots insider Tom E. Curran, the Patriots' embarrassing 10-6 loss to the Indianapolis Colts in Frankfurt, Germany on Nov. 12 led to the team concluding it would part ways with Belichick after the 2023 season.

"When they came out of Germany, conversations I had that week made it very clear that a decision was made," Curran said Monday on NBC Sports Boston's Arbella Early Edition, as seen in the video above. "They were going to play out the string, and at the end of the year there would be a parting of the ways, for a variety of reasons."

https://www.nbcsportsboston.com/nfl...cision-bill-belichick-future-patriots/572113/

Queue the Jerry should hire him yahoos.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Then take that role away from him or at least limit it. Scott Pioli was the player personnel man when the Patriots built their dynasty.

It's been proven over and over in the past that a Super Bowl coach is not always super when it comes to picking the right players. Now, if Belichick refuses to give up that control, then I think you would have to move on.
I can agree with that.

revospeed

Reaction score
Probably. All top coaches run out of gas sooner or later. Happened with Shula and Landry and others

you can tell the clowns who hate him so much and know zero about football because they claim Brady did the drafting, did the FA's, did the roster, hired the staff, etc not BB.
They are too dumb to understand everyone else just laughs at that.

By the way how good did Brady look when the team around him went downhill in his last season?
Yeah the Brady did it all crowd are morons
For real. You cant say that Brady did everything and you can’t say that Bill did everything. They were the best partners in NFL history.

For the first three rings, Brady was along for the ride. Defense and Bill led them.

Fast forward ten years, you have rule changes and Brady improving significantly and Brady carries the water.

1942willys

Reaction score
For real. You cant say that Brady did everything and you can’t say that Bill did everything. They were the best partners in NFL history.

For the first three rings, Brady was along for the ride. Defense and Bill led them.

Fast forward ten years, you have rule changes and Brady improving significantly and Brady carries the water.
The rule changes so favored an offense with an excellent QB that Brady did become more important overall
But to claim it was all him is so stupid
I do think that BB has run out of gas in certain areas; like the draft. Probably more of a case of not having a good enough scouting department which of course is on him.
I do remember so many here and probably a number of those so anti BB talking about how well the patriots handled their roster; always gettting rid of players a year ahead of time and not paying them based only on past performance. That was mainly BB as well but those claiming he did nothing do not want to talk about that.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, sometimes you replace a legend with Jimmy Johnson and sometimes you get Phil Bengtson. Replacing a legend is never easy.