Twitter: Belichick asked Jerry for a job after the Browns firing

cowboyed

Reaction score
Remember Bill Belichik didn't start out as gang busters coaching the Browns.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
Had two shots at hiring........after Switzer (1997 ) or Gailey (1999)

This was mentioned by Everson Walls on the most recent Talking Cowboys: Everson Walls Edition. Up at the official site under multimedia.

Everson "Up against the Wall" has a lot of great info on that vid. Including how Belichick looks for "tells in players" to plan for them, success etc.

One of the best Talking Cowboys I have seen to date. Walls added a lot to that episode.

If anyone finds 45 minutes of off-time. I would highly recommend listening to that one. Very informative. He'll be on again too.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
And to think he might possibly be our GM by now . . . naw, Jerry would never allow that to happen! What was I thinking? :facepalm:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Must be fake news. I’ve read it thousands of times on Cowboys message boards that no good coach would ever want to work for Jerry Jones.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Anyone happen to see the BB press conference where they asked him about this? He smiled and said Jerry's memory of that incident is probably a little different from mine....

kento40

Reaction score
If I'm Garrett, I don't want an extension. Like what kind of disrespectful crap is Jerry on? You have a HC coach employed and your quoted talking about what could've been with the coach that he's about to go up against? That's like having a wife and doing an interview and saying "I remember back when Julia Roberts winked at me at the McDonald's drive through. If only I had winked back, to think you could find such beautiful woman, even at a fast food drive through." Your wife is just standing there like, really? Really?

cowboyed

Reaction score
Jerry already had a Belicheck in Jimmy Johnson and ran him out of town.

Jimmy Johnson wanted to go any way after winning a couple of Superbowls. He jumped that hurdle twice, and Jerry's personality did the trick. Jimmy became GM and head coach for the Dolphins and was pedestrian despite all that control he had sans Jerry. And when the young rising Jaguars beat his team 60 something Jimmy Johnson ducked his tail and left the NFL for fishing and sports commentating. Jimmy Johnson was not long term committed to any organization. Jimmy beats to his own drum. I think he was the best coach we had to date since Landry but he was not some victim of Jerry. Far from it.