Twitter: Belichick asked Jerry for a job after the Browns firing

yimyammer

Reaction score
Anyone happen to see the BB press conference where they asked him about this? He smiled and said Jerry's memory of that incident is probably a little different from mine....

Ha! No doubt, considering jeri was likely drunk.

Wouldn't surprise me if Bill said nothing of the sort, jeri has no problem lying when it suits him

Londonboy

Reaction score
I seem to remember that the knock on Him in Cleveland was that He was autocratic and dictatorial, that would have been a car-crash combo with Jerry and Bill.

BigD5

Reaction score
With that legendary defense, the Ravens would've won the SB with you or me at QB.
And.... who built that defense? Anybody know?

You guessed it. Bill Belichick.

He wasn’t quite the failure people remember in Cleveland. He took over a bad position. And improved the team every year. Won a playoff game. Then 1995 happened. Modell and the front office left after like week 5 of the season. So it was literally the coaches and players left in Cleveland.

Baltimore had two 1st rd picks their first season in 1996. Belichick has already done the ground work for new ravens GM Ozzie Newsome who worked with bill in Cleveland. By trading to secure another 1st rd pick in anticipation of drafting Ray Lewis with one pick and Ogden with their first pick

RoboQB

Reaction score
And.... who built that defense? Anybody know?

You guessed it. Bill Belichick.

He wasn’t quite the failure people remember in Cleveland. He took over a bad position. And improved the team every year. Won a playoff game. Then 1995 happened. Modell and the front office left after like week 5 of the season. So it was literally the coaches and players left in Cleveland.

Baltimore had two 1st rd picks their first season in 1996. Belichick has already done the ground work for new ravens GM Ozzie Newsome who worked with bill in Cleveland. By trading to secure another 1st rd pick in anticipation of drafting Ray Lewis with one pick and Ogden with their first pick

I'm not giving Bill credit for the 2000 Ravens. No way.
Lewis was the 26th pick in the 1996 draft. Ogden was 4th.
Nobody can prove Bill set Ozzie up for Lewis, specifically. Ogden, sure.

Also, the 2000 defense had veteran additions, Sam Adams, Tony Siragusa and
Rod Woodson.

Bill gets plenty of credit. Deservedly so. But this is too far of a reach.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
The more I follow Jones the more I doubt he built his empire on his own. No way you can be this inept at GM yet be a world class business man. If Dallas was Jones business and he had a guy like Garrett running it? Jerry would be BROKE!
What are you talking about? He sells almost better than anybody.