Belichick Coming to Dallas could happen

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gee I bet Jerry will pay me 100 million for 2 years so I can have extra retirement funds.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Yes and I can't blame you for that. Belichick has the knowledge and a full grasp of what it takes to win and to do so proudly. If Jerry could somehow manage to set his enormous ego aside, it might have a chance to work. Without a doubt, it's a big if, though.

Regardless, if Jerry truly wants a return to glory for his team, as he so claims, would he lay his pride aside to make it possible? That's a question begging an answer. In the future, nobody knows what might come. Strange things happen all the time!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Jerry desperate? We've covered his priorities in here many times. I can think of 8.3B reasons why he's not remotely desperate.
Desperate to win
Dont know if Jerry cares about his legacy or not.
It ain't a pretty legacy at this point.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Jerry desperate? We've covered his priorities in here many times. I can think of 8.3B reasons why he's not remotely desperate.

He is older than the average US male lifespan. His life's work has been questioned vehemently for the past 2 decades.

TroyEmmittAndMichael

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread, but realized it made the most sense here.

Bottom line. Jerry wants credit for the successes of the team. Real simple. All anyone needs to understand him is to review what happened with Jimmy Johnson. He doesn't like to be marginalized as an owner who just writes the paychecks.

This is why he will not hire another coach who is successful and respected throughout the league by staff and players. He did it once with Parcells, but had to take a big back seat and compromise with control of the team. He will not get along with another coach like this. The only coach currently who demands this level of respect is Belichick.

If Belichick was hired, and then we won the SB, that would be Jerry's worst nightmare. He would get zero credit, and Belichick's greatness would only become greater.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Who says Jerry thinks any different today just because he's maybe, kind of, sort of considering firing Garrett? He can't even talk about it without getting teary-eyed. It's more likely that Garrett will be demoted to assistant head coach to head coach Kellen Moore.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The odds of witnessing an apparition are better than Belichick coming to Dallas.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread, but realized it made the most sense here.

Bottom line. Jerry wants credit for the successes of the team. Real simple. All anyone needs to understand him is to review what happened with Jimmy Johnson. He doesn't like to be marginalized as an owner who just writes the paychecks.

This is why he will not hire another coach who is successful and respected throughout the league by staff and players. He did it once with Parcells, but had to take a big back seat and compromise with control of the team. He will not get along with another coach like this. The only coach currently who demands this level of respect is Belichick.

If Belichick was hired, and then we won the SB, that would be Jerry's worst nightmare. He would get zero credit, and Belichick's greatness would only become greater.
Love your picture at the bottom of your post !
Those were the days, my friend !

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is more likely that it will snow in Dallas on the 4th of July than Bill Belechick agreeing to leave an owner that lets him run the entire football operation for an owner who would attend every coaches meeting.

I’m still not sure Jerry wants a bona-Fide top tier HC. He’s always threatened by them.

remdak

Reaction score
He wants total control and won't get that here. He ain't coming. We only got Parcells because he needed money after a divorce and Jerry was desperate to get the stadium approved. Belichek is paid very well and Jerry is not desperate any longer

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It is more likely that it will snow in Dallas on the 4th of July than Bill Belechick agreeing to leave an owner that lets him run the entire football operation for an owner who would attend every coaches meeting.

I’m still not sure Jerry wants a bona-Fide top tier HC. He’s always threatened by them.
Hoping for Parcells part 2