Belichick Coming to Dallas could happen

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Jerry may not have been happy about having to hire a new coach -- a major pain, I'm sure -- but yeah, every media person close to this team has said Jerry was miserable when Parcells was here, hence the "walking on eggshells" quote you had earlier. He wasn't having fun. And Jerry doesn't want to own the most valuable sports franchise in the world and not enjoy himself. Which he gets to do with his quasi-son in place.

The person you're "debating" with just chooses to put his head in the sand.

All that and not one quote to back your claim. I always love people who make claims on the backs of others to prop up their own authority. Always sounds like weakness to me.

What I recall from that time period was that Jones would not talk to the press and let Parcells and Dalrymple run the narrative. That likely was not fun for the mediots but I don't see how that matters.

Either way that is immaterial. We have an undisputed public statement from Jones stating "clearly" they wanted him back. He has worked to a high degree of success in a hostile work environment with Jimmy for years before that.

At the end of the day the notion that Jones will not hire a strong HC is ignorant.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
belichik would be honored to come to dallas ,

i bet he can't wait to get out of that massage parlor team he coaches right now .

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Bill is a great coach. Probably the best of all time. He is also a miserable person and a cheat.

Would prefer he didn't come to Dallas.
Can appreciate the sentiment.
Would like to get a high character coach, that is also great at coaching.
Not sure who that is?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I can't see Belichick coming to Dallas at all -- he's used to running things his way, without any interference from the likes of someone like Jerry. I'm inclined to see them as having a power clash, right from the start. Jerry would have to step aside in a big way, whereas he hasn't been able to so far.
Longshot for sure.
Probably not gonna happen.
Just gave reasons why it possibly could.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
All that and not one quote to back your claim. I always love people who make claims on the backs of others to prop up their own authority. Always sounds like weakness to me.

What I recall from that time period was that Jones would not talk to the press and let Parcells and Dalrymple run the narrative. That likely was not fun for the mediots but I don't see how that matters.

Either way that is immaterial. We have an undisputed public statement from Jones stating "clearly" they wanted him back. He has worked to a high degree of success in a hostile work environment with Jimmy for years before that.

At the end of the day the notion that Jones will not hire a strong HC is ignorant.
Yep. It worked before with positive results.
Jerry aint stupid.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
6. The Cowboys are quality coaching away from being a legit contender.
They have a quality core and just need a coach that can tap the potential.

I think we have overvalued the talent on this team to some extent, BUT I think we have enough pieces in place to make a run if we have better coaching. Better coaching alone probably gets us to 9-3 right now.

I really wish this would happen, but why would BB risk his legacy by going to a different team? Maybe he's just that competitive. I don't know that I've ever seen a more competitive coach. That guy doesn't just want to beat every team, he wants to smash every team, every game so that they don't feel like they can win the next time they play. He's always thinking ahead.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I think we have overvalued the talent on this team to some extent, BUT I think we have enough pieces in place to make a run if we have better coaching. Better coaching alone probably gets us to 9-3 right now.

I really wish this would happen, but why would BB risk his legacy by going to a different team? Maybe he's just that competitive. I don't know that I've ever seen a more competitive coach. That guy doesn't just want to beat every team, he wants to smash every team, every game so that they don't feel like they can win the next time they play. He's always thinking ahead.

Thanks for sharing

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Longshot for sure.
Probably not gonna happen.
Just gave reasons why it possibly could.

Yes and I can't blame you for that. Belichick has the knowledge and a full grasp of what it takes to win and to do so proudly. If Jerry could somehow manage to set his enormous ego aside, it might have a chance to work. Without a doubt, it's a big if, though.

Regardless, if Jerry truly wants a return to glory for his team, as he so claims, would he lay his pride aside to make it possible? That's a question begging an answer. In the future, nobody knows what might come. Strange things happen all the time!

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes and I can't blame you for that. Belichick has the knowledge and a full grasp of what it takes to win and to do so proudly. If Jerry could somehow manage to set his enormous ego aside, it might have a chance to work. Without a doubt, it's a big if, though.

Regardless, if Jerry truly wants a return to glory for his team, as he so claims, would he lay his pride aside to make it possible? That's a question begging an answer. In the future, nobody knows what might come. Strange things happen all the time!

He will have no choice. There isn't a big name coach that going to come here and allow Jerry to pick his staff and players. So, unless the plan is to hire another puppet and continue down the futile road we've been on for the past 10 years, Jerry has to accept it. Its going to be like hiring Parcels but with more talent already on the roster.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
That’s my thought as well. Why would he come to this franchise

He'd be faced with a challenge, that's for sure! One attraction would be the notoriety of playing on an even bigger stage. Another would be the money that he would command. It's been said by Mortenson that he's currently making $12.5 mil per year. Jerry might well have to top that to bring him in.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
tumblr_ms157c6ugT1qc7cmzo2_400.gif

:cool: