Belichick will take away half of Dallas's offense. Which one will it be?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Considering the possibility of rain, I think Bill will shutout the Cowboys running game. They will force Moore and Dak to throw more than they are accustomed too.

Which part of this offense will Bill shutdown?
Pick your poison, Billy!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah well i think the Panthers were frauds so we still havent found out about what this team can do against a good defense.

They've got a good QB and good defense. That seems legitimate to me.

The Pats will have their hands full with the us and vice-versa!

I really anticipate that it'll be a challenging matchup.

Last edited:

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Moore has been having Dak read the safeties at the line of scrimmage and either run or pass as they dictate. IMO, Belichik is going to try to disguise the defense more pre-snap to try to get Dallas to run into run coverage or pass into pass coverage.

Expect a lot of plays where the defense starts out with 2 safeties back and one drops close to the line right before the snap (again, IMO).

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Considering the possibility of rain, I think Bill will shutout the Cowboys running game. They will force Moore and Dak to throw more than they are accustomed too.

He will start off trying to stop the run but they are in big trouble if they allow Dallas to put up quick points via the pass and fall behind a couple of scores. Looking at the forecast right now it is around 5% chance of rain. Weather will be a non factor.

cowboyz

Reaction score
With the NE offense lacking big play ability and having a rookie QB, you stop the Dallas passing game to try and stay in the game early.
That a what I think. Keep it low score tight, have st teams win the day. They can't compete in a high score game.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This game might look a little ugly for the 1 .5 qaurters but once Dak and Moore unpack BB plan its going to get heated up quick as they Dont have the horses on either side of the ball to stay in this game. As every game so far "Any given Sunday" but if both teams play to thier best we should win by 2 scores again.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The weather is looking like clear and 64 degrees, so that won't be an issue. This years Pats team is like the 03 Dallas team where Bill Parcells, wanted to shorten the game and keep the ball away from teams, knowing they won't win many shootouts. So I expect them to try to stop the passing game first and hope they can control the run without stacking the box. I think Dallas is too good at both right now for this to work. IMO

Chuck 54

Reaction score

Any team that wants to win, regardless of weather, must try to take away the run game. If you can’t stop or limit the run game, you make it easy for the other team to win and control the entire game.

That said, NE won’t be the first team to try and stop our run game. Put 8 guys in the box, you are stuck covering our wideouts with 3 players and hoping the guy in the box can play the run and cover the TE.

With a healthy OL, I don’t think there’s a team in the NFL that can stop our offense. If NE wants to have a chance at the end, they will be trying to control the game with their own run game and short passes to limit our # of possessions.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The run game.

We are 28-0 when we run more than we pass.

Teams worry about the run game more than they do Dak.

I think we should be fine with this.. The last team to sell out vs the run successfully still gave up 29 points and 450 yards passing and would have lost if not for several shanked kicks. I don't think the Pats offense has the firepower to go toe to toe with us through the air so frankly it would serve them better to play shell coverage and make us go the long route via the run. At least it's a slower death.. but still a death.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys are a 4.5 point favorites to defeat the Pats at Gillette Stadium.

That sounds conservatively encouraging to me! I hope it's all that and more!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

if you can run on any team, then you are in total control. so yes, he will focus on two things, stop the run. take away the deep ball and force Dak/Moore into a dink/dunk game and test their patience......he would also like to shorten the game, longer drives on both sides. less possessions for us, thus keep the score close. find success in the redzone and make it a kicking contest and he is betting his kicker is better than ours when it comes down to it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I have no doubts that he'll do his best to stop this offense from the success they've enjoyed up until now. Bill might find it harder to do than he expects, however. At least, that's what we're surely hoping to see. He's clever, though, but not nearly as clever as he was with Tom Brady around. There will be a clash of our offense and their defense but it won't be the first time we've overcome that situation this year. Avoiding a slow start would surely help.

Hopefully, we'll manage to counter whatever they may do on defense to thwart our offensive success. The Patriots aren't the same team they've been in the past. Let's keep it that way, despite being tested. Kellen Moore has found ways to counter opposing defenses. I think he'll manage to do so again! o_O

They'll try to stop the run first but won't succeed. Then, they'll try to beat the pass!

No luck, either way! We'll win going away and wave goodbye! So long suckers! :D

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm hoping Belichick will take away our killer Dalton Shultz! He's the biggest threat and getting most of the targets. We'll have to prepare for that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
if you can run on any team, then you are in total control. so yes, he will focus on two things, stop the run. take away the deep ball and force Dak/Moore into a dink/dunk game and test their patience......he would also like to shorten the game, longer drives on both sides. less possessions for us, thus keep the score close. find success in the redzone and make it a kicking contest and he is betting his kicker is better than ours when it comes down to it.

True but if a team is having to bring up defenders to stop the run then you start putting yourself in one on one situations that will allow the Cowboys to take some big shots down the field.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
You guys keep convincing yourself that the Patriots can stop this offense because of there master mind HC. I'll laugh as we do whatever it is we need to do on offense to them. You need players to beat the other players. Belichick can put his guys in the right spot sure, but then they gotta go win there match-up. They won't.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
True but if a team is having to bring up defenders to stop the run then you start putting yourself in one on one situations that will allow the Cowboys to take some big shots down the field.

If the weather intervenes like it did last time or like it did against the Bucs the Patriots will get a reprieve from Mother Nature.. I guarantee you that no QB on Earth can throw in those 40 mph crosswinds they get up there sometimes.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If the weather intervenes like it did last time or like it did against the Bucs the Patriots will get a reprieve from Mother Nature.. I guarantee you that no QB on Earth can throw in those 40 mph crosswinds they get up there sometimes.

Looked at forecast and as of now 5% chance of rain and 8 mph winds. Weather at this point does not look like it will factor in at all. Highs in the 60's nice football weather.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I am not sure if he has the players to stop this offense.

I guess we will see.