Belichick will take away half of Dallas's offense. Which one will it be?

visionary

Reaction score
Considering the possibility of rain, I think Bill will shutout the Cowboys running game. They will force Moore and Dak to throw more than they are accustomed too.

Which part of this offense will Bill shutdown?

he won’t
We’ll beat them 37-17

exciter

Reaction score
Considering the possibility of rain, I think Bill will shutout the Cowboys running game. They will force Moore and Dak to throw more than they are accustomed too.

If he holds to his MO the last several times we played him he’ll focus on stopping the run and limiting Schultz! Fairly certain he’ll avoid Diggs on the other side, especially with the rook QB!

ESisback

Reaction score
Bellichick will attack the middle of the OL, drive Biadasz into Dak, and try to stifle our running between the tackles, while jamming receivers at the line.

We have more overall talent and SHOULD win handily, but the Pats won’t be easy. I expect an outcome more like the Chargers than the Giants or Eagles.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That is such a stupid stat. When are teams going to have more rushing attempts than passing attempts??? Oh, I dont know, maybe when you are able to run the ball down a teams throat? I suspect that if you looked up everyone of those 28 games, we didnt run the ball for 32 rushes and 66 yards. Just a guess on my part.
Look it up and let us know.

Zordon

Reaction score
Looking at NFL.com the Pats have given up almost 1200 yards through the air in five games. The YPC are 12.0+.

They do better against the run. But these are the guys they have played.

Dolphins - - 96 carries 352 yards 3.7 avg........L
Jets - - 104 carries 370 yards 3.6 avg......W
Saints - - 156 carries 629 yards 4.0 avg......L
Bucs - - 103 carries 410 yards 4.0 avg......L
Texans - - 128 carries 399 yards 3.1 avg....W

Cowboys - - 163 carries 864 yards 5.3 avg............L

I understand this team has let us down for a very long time. But the Pats have not faced a running game - 2nd in the NFL - like the one they will see Sunday. I know all about Belichick, but his team hasn't exactly been the 85 Bears against the run.

Per NFL.com their LG and LT are out. Their RB and RG are questionable.

Mac Jones will throw at least one pick as he hurries his passes to keep Gregory and the Wolf from his door. Diggs will be waiting on the rookie.

You do you.

As for me, I think Dallas runs the ball against them, and passes the ball on them, and brings home the 5th win of the season.

I ain't afraid of no ghosts, or Belichick.
This.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The passing game will definitely be taken away, just by virtue of how elite this secondary is. Last week the secondary was not at full strength and JoeJuan Williams was constantly picked on. That won't be the case this week. The Cowboys will have to go up against the unit that shut down the GOAT a couple of weeks ago.

Now the question remains is how will New England handle that running attack. Too much is made of the average total rushing yards per game that NE is allowing. The fact of the matter is that NE is only allowing 3.8 yards per carry, which is 6th in the league. Teams are averaging 111 rushing yards per game on the defense only because they are running a ton, and they are running a ton because they find it more preferable than passing on this secondary. However, that's not resulting in many points scored for them.

What will end up doing Dallas in is the sheer versatility of this defense, along with Belichick's brilliant defensive mind. We have guys in the front 7 who can line up at any position, and we have guys in the secondary who can line up anywhere at DB. You're going to get a lot of disguised coverages, a lot of creative stunts and twists, and the occasional exotic blitz. I would also throw out that stat about NE playing more man coverage than any other defense. The Pats are a gameplan team, and this week will call for a lot of zone - Cover 2 and Cover 3 with pattern matching and a robber dropping down to take away the short/intermediate routes. Belichick managed to throw off the GOAT with pre-snap disguises. He will have no problem doing it to Dak.

What you should be more worried about is your defense, and the fact that we seem to have figured out the optimal OL combination. If Mac is protected, he will shred that porous secondary.

Cowboys are not exactly the Jets, Dolphins or Texans. good luck

Praxit

Reaction score
you are right. the first 1.5 quarters will be a feel each other, run some formations and plays and see how the other team responds and then the real game begins...so I fully expect a close close game in the first 1.5 quarters.
....yep, I think Moore will test few things, baiting Billyboy. We just hope that Moore calls right plays at OPPORTUNE time. No turnovers huge stat.

dcstar

Reaction score
I hear tell the sprinklers will come on at midnight and water the field till daybreak.

Go Cowboys!

FVSTONE

Reaction score

The only issue I have is the weather, is it going to be raining or snowing? Other than that I don't believe the Pats match up very well with the Boys. No turn overs due to weather issues means a solid victory for this team.

GMO415

Reaction score
Daks 4-11 when he throws over 40 times a game. He's 34-7 when he throws 32 times or less.

I'm sure Bill knows this stat as well.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
They've got a good QB and good defense. That seems legitimate to me.

The Pats will have their hands full with the us and vice-versa!

I really anticipate that it'll be a challenging matchup.

The panthers lost to a bad eagles team. Imo a good QB and good defense would not have let that happen.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He will try to take away 1/2 of the offense. Let's wait and see how well he does

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I expect Schultz to get banged around quite a bit by LBs at the line of scrimmage to prevent him from getting out quickly into pass routes. Bellicheck noted today in his presser that Schultz is actually leading the team in receptions.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Weren't the Panthers supposed to take away the run too?

This will be a tougher game, especially if the weather doesn't cooperate, but if the Cowboys can put up around 27 points it should be plenty enough to get to 5-1.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Belichick is having to rebuild this team, his ability as a HC is great but in the end all coaches need players and right now NE is having to rebuild with a rookie QB.
Ive been saying this forever...... teams and coaches are only as good as the QB they have. I also said as soon as Brady left Patriot land, Bellichek was gonna crash and burn. You said he needs time to rebuild. Well Ill make another prediction. He may go 2 years or he may never rebuild the team, and it will be dependent upon one thing and one thing only... does he hit the QB jackpot.

The chargers did, and now their coach is about to be a genius.

lopey

Reaction score

New England is not the team it once was. Belicheck can only coach talent, and he has none. Cowboys will win big