Believe Surtain is their 1 Target

Cowboyny

Reaction score
And add to that we've failed to replace Awuzie in free agency making it a need.
Everything is set up for them to take a corner. New DB Coach, allowed Awuzie to leave and haven't signed his replacement.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You don't send your director of scouting and your DC to a pro day unless you have major interest in a particular player. No, they weren't looking at Barmore, Leatherwood, Moises, they were there to watch Patrick Surtain.

I strongly believe he is the team's #1 target at 10. If for some reason he is off the board, then it means a Elite offensive player has fallen into their laps such as Pitts, Waddle or Slater. Team could also consider taking Horn (who I heard has ties with our coaching staff) at 10 or in a trade back scenario.

With the new DC and a handpicked defensive back coach, I truly believe a corner has been earmarked for their 1st rd selection, barring any unexpected thing happening. With Farley most likely off their board, focus is directly on Surtain.

I agree with you, but I don't agree with the decision.

I hope he's taken before us so I don't have to worry about it lol. Let a stud or 2 fall to us.

J-man

Reaction score
An interesting question is what are we going to if Surtain doesn't make it to 10 and we CAN'T find a trading partner and the offensive player that drops is a QB ( Fields maybe ). I mean it's not a reach to think Pitts and Slater could come off the board before Fields.

I can absolutely see this happening and if Fields does fall to 10, there may or may not be any trade offers to come get him. New England could want to get ahead of SF and maybe Chicago would make a move, but other than them I don't see any suitors.

1.Lawrence 2.Sewell 3.Chase 4.Wilson 5.Waddle 6.Smith 7.Pitts 8.Slater 9.Surtain
10. No trade offer worth moving for comes in so who ya taken? Farley? Parsons? Horn? Collins? JOK? Barmore? Darrisaw? Vera-Tucker?
I personally would lean towards Horn or Collins, maybe JOK.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

I hope he's taken before us so I don't have to worry about it lol. Let a stud or 2 fall to us.
We have been on our own island regards to seeing as a top 10 prospect. I'm on the Slater train, but believe they are going to take either Surtain or Horn at 10, unless a Sewell or Pitts falls.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You don't send your director of scouting and your DC to a pro day unless you have major interest in a particular player. No, they weren't looking at Barmore, Leatherwood, Moises, they were there to watch Patrick Surtain.

I strongly believe he is the team's #1 target at 10. If for some reason he is off the board, then it means a Elite offensive player has fallen into their laps such as Pitts, Waddle or Slater. Team could also consider taking Horn (who I heard has ties with our coaching staff) at 10 or in a trade back scenario.

With the new DC and a handpicked defensive back coach, I truly believe a corner has been earmarked for their 1st rd selection, barring any unexpected thing happening. With Farley most likely off their board, focus is directly on Surtain.
I totally agree with your premise but lets see how the Cowboys react to Hornes pro day today. I think cornerback is what they believe their number 1 need is at this time. It is important that another cornerback steps up because of Farley’s injury. I don’t want a team taking advantage of the Joneses and forcing us to use draft capital to move up to draft Surtain. Hopefully Horne is a true 6’1 and runs a 4.3 forty.

cnuball21

Reaction score
We have been on our own island regards to seeing as a top 10 prospect. I'm on the Slater train, but believe they are going to take either Surtain or Horn at 10, unless a Sewell or Pitts falls.

So hoping Surtain and Horn are both taken before 10! lol

Gaede

Reaction score
point is that neither is Horn

I’d take Collins, Moehrig, Slater over Horn also

I agree with these names as well, little iffy on Moehrig vs Horn though. Not sure if he's the quality of prospect Horn is or simply the best of a weak position group that we desperately need for our defense to work

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Many media scouts, believe Horn is the #1 corner in the class. With the news of Farley, I don't think he gets out of the top 15. I would be surprised if Barmore gets drafted in the teens, he is more of a fringe 1st rounder.
If Horne blows up his pro day his floor is 12 and he might get picked before Surtain. Please let him perform well. I want choices.

morasp

Reaction score

What would be your best case scenario?

Croomraider

Reaction score
Many media scouts, believe Horn is the #1 corner in the class. With the news of Farley, I don't think he gets out of the top 15. I would be surprised if Barmore gets drafted in the teens, he is more of a fringe 1st rounder.
Sorry but don't agree with these scouts. Surtain is hands down the best corner in the draft. Playing at the highest level of competition in college football and going against Devonta Smith everyday in practice. These reps matter if I'm a scout. Not to mention he's played with Trevon Diggs. It makes wayyy too much sense for Dallas to take him at 10. Horn is a good player but not a top 10.

Bizwah

Reaction score
The Falcons, Bengals, and Broncos could all throw wrenches in our draft plans. Really, any team ahead of us could I guess. There's a very good possibility that Pitts, Slater, and Surtain are all gone by the time we pick.

If that's the case, then we may look to trade out, or we may just wind up taking one of the stud WRs. Barmore could even come into play. I'm not sure how good Horn is....is he a top ten talent?

cnuball21

Reaction score
What would be your best case scenario?

Sewell falling to us.

I think there is a 1% chance that happens, so in no particular order Slater / Pitts / Parsons falling to us. Parsons IF the off the field issues check out.

morasp

Reaction score
Sewell falling to us.

I think there is a 1% chance that happens, so in no particular order Slater / Pitts / Parsons falling to us. Parsons IF the off the field issues check out.
They've said they aren't looking at OL at 10 but I don't trust Smith and Collins at all, especially if we make it to the playoffs when they would be the most needed.

Plankton

Reaction score
Barmore isn't a top 10 prospect, he is more of a top 25 player, where I have seen some boards have him rated in the 40's.

To be fair, you haven't seen an NFL board that has rated anyone. The "boards" are guess work by internet scribes who are operating with far less information. No one has any idea where an NFL team has Barmore slotted because, #1, the teams in all likelihood haven't set their boards yet, and #2, they haven't made that info public.

That's why whenever someone says that a player is "rising up boards", it triggers a migraine headache. The statement is false.

garyv

Reaction score
point is that neither is Horn

I’d take Collins, Moehrig, Slater over Horn also

Barmore and Horn neither is a great pick in the #10 spot now trading down past #15 and adding a 3rd rounder I would be ok with either

cnuball21

Reaction score
They've said they aren't looking at OL at 10 but I don't trust Smith and Collins at all, especially if we make it to the playoffs when they would be the most needed.

Who has said this? If so not very smart IMO.

Smith has started to miss quite a bit of time recently and Collins is coming off an injury. I'm not confident at all either are long term answers at OT for us.

morasp

Reaction score
Who has said this? If so not very smart IMO.

Smith has started to miss quite a bit of time recently and Collins is coming off an injury. I'm not confident at all either are long term answers at OT for us.
Stephen Jones. This time of year you can't believe too much.