Believe Surtain is their 1 Target

rambo2

Reaction score
I think there is a decent chance that both Fields and Jones end up in the Top 10.
I think there is a good chance that 5 qbs go in the top 10. The 49ers, Patriots, and Bears could all be interested in trading up to take the 5th qb at 10.

MrPhil

Reaction score
I think there is a good chance that 5 qbs go in the top 10. The 49ers, Patriots, and Bears could all be interested in trading up to take the 5th qb at 10.

Agreed, I forgot about Lance, which would make five. I think Lawrence, Wilson, Fields and Lance are Top 10 locks and I feel pretty confident that Jones will also be Top 10 come draft day.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
overall CB comments.
Before the medical & parental issues were publicly known, Farley was the type player whose "potential" made it tempting to bypass the far more accomplished player. for me that ship has sailed as far as first round is concerned.
Horn seems to be a hybrid of Farley & Surtain but the grabbiness is a big concern for me as well. I don't think I could take before .... 15?
With the rising buzz on guys like Newsome, it might not be the end of the world if we did some wheeling & dealing and got one later in the first or even the second.
Clas is very deep, but I think the team wants to address it right away

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Yes, and looks like a good spot for it. One of Surtain or Horn should be available and they both might be and they look to have good value at 10. They could also trade back a few spots and still might get one of those two players.
If they trade back, they need a few players they like or risk missing out on their target

rambo2

Reaction score
If they trade back, they need a few players they like or risk missing out on their target
I'm sure that they like Surtain, Horn, and Newsome at corner. Sewell and Slater at offensive tackle.

ultron

Reaction score
If you’re smart one would think you’d send everyone in your front office to Alabama’s pro day lol

JBS

Reaction score
How about horn? Both mcclay and Quinn were at his workout as well

DAL1180

Reaction score
I totally agree with your premise but lets see how the Cowboys react to Hornes pro day today. I think cornerback is what they believe their number 1 need is at this time. It is important that another cornerback steps up because of Farley’s injury. I don’t want a team taking advantage of the Joneses and forcing us to use draft capital to move up to draft Surtain. Hopefully Horne is a true 6’1 and runs a 4.3 forty.
He did

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You don't send your director of scouting and your DC to a pro day unless you have major interest in a particular player. No, they weren't looking at Barmore, Leatherwood, Moises, they were there to watch Patrick Surtain.

I strongly believe he is the team's #1 target at 10. If for some reason he is off the board, then it means a Elite offensive player has fallen into their laps such as Pitts, Waddle or Slater. Team could also consider taking Horn (who I heard has ties with our coaching staff) at 10 or in a trade back scenario.

With the new DC and a handpicked defensive back coach, I truly believe a corner has been earmarked for their 1st rd selection, barring any unexpected thing happening. With Farley most likely off their board, focus is directly on Surtain.
Uh, unless you’re trying to put up a smoke screen.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
You don't send your director of scouting and your DC to a pro day unless you have major interest in a particular player. No, they weren't looking at Barmore, Leatherwood, Moises, they were there to watch Patrick Surtain.

I strongly believe he is the team's #1 target at 10. If for some reason he is off the board, then it means a Elite offensive player has fallen into their laps such as Pitts, Waddle or Slater. Team could also consider taking Horn (who I heard has ties with our coaching staff) at 10 or in a trade back scenario.

With the new DC and a handpicked defensive back coach, I truly believe a corner has been earmarked for their 1st rd selection, barring any unexpected thing happening. With Farley most likely off their board, focus is directly on Surtain.
It is Bama, so yes you do send everyone to see everyone.

Croomraider

Reaction score
Horn made it a little more interesting today with his pro-day. 4.39 unofficial.... sheeesh!
I'm still on team Surtain but nice to see Horn have a great workout!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Horn made it a little more interesting today with his pro-day. 4.39 unofficial.... sheeesh!
I'm still on team Surtain but nice to see Horn have a great workout!
It's Surtain/Horn now that Farley has been eliminated.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it's Alabama's pro day you do....
Bama, Clemson, LSU, OU, ND and Ohio State, and UGA is getting there as well as FL, are must stops on the tour.

But there's nothing quite like Bama. When you get a bunch of coaches discussing how to stop him on the QT, you know he's on hallowed ground. I have never seen a program able to recruit 4 and 5 stars to serve as back ups until they're seniors and they still get drafted within the first 2 days.