News: Bell getting love at Rookie camp

Dre11

Reaction score
Spags I also the first one to come out and speak badly about any free agent the cowboys are connected to! Lol.

No different than any other staffer, he's lobbied for free agents too. He's not against all free agents , he's mostly against big money free agents like other teams.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
We could use some diamond in the rough finds like this.

I was shocked he wasn't drafted......I had a 4th round grade on the kid. Question is.....where do they play him? Is he that new hybrid LBer/SS?

or are they gonna play his strictly in the secondary? I think the more he is around the line of scrimmage...the better. Could be our new Joe Thomas....

Dre11

Reaction score
I was shocked he wasn't drafted......I had a 4th round grade on the kid. Question is.....where do they play him? Is he that new hybrid LBer/SS?

Quinn said hes at LB right now.
or are they gonna play his strictly in the secondary? I think the more he is around the line of scrimmage...the better. Could be our new Joe Thomas....

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This kids name keeps ringing out, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he fares.
You are going to like him, still scratching my head on why he fell and have heard of nothing substantial.
Hoping that there is no red herring, and that sometimes players slip for no obvious reason.

kskboys

Reaction score
You are going to like him, still scratching my head on why he fell and have heard of nothing substantial.
Hoping that there is no red herring, and that sometimes players slip for no obvious reason.
I think that he will be a LB in the NFL.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
What track record, he was 1 off the only writer clamoring for the cow oys to pick Parsons, he also did the same thing for the cowboys picking Deebo Samuels when he came out. Just hatin
I’ll admit it I can’t stand him.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
We need 3-4 from this draft to contribute this year and a couple in a big way. We also need a couple more from last draft to contribute too
Last year’s draft might 3 or 4 solid contributors. Does Joseph get off with a wrist slap. OSA I’m high on and look for him to develope stamina.Of course Parsons.
This year Smith is making me a believer. Sam will take sometime

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Last year’s draft might 3 or 4 solid contributors. Does Joseph get off with a wrist slap. Diggi I’m high on and look for him to develope stamina.Of course Parsons.
A lot needs to still come from last years draft class, Cox leading the pack.
Osa, Mukuamu, and Wright stepping up and that draft class was everything we could expect, if Joseph slips under the radar than Quinn has some serious ammo to play with.
But thats a lot of ifs.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Williams will be sooner or later but as you know. Tough position
Parsons has the ability to elevate several around him, he is the catalyst for this young athletic defense, but he needs to be assisted.
Dont want to burn out the engine.
Waiting for that next star to shine, and it could come from several areas on this D.
A healthy Cox returning will be interesting watching how they can play together, Im propping up Cox return as a major playmaking injection we see early.
Parsons is chomping at the bit to have JC playing behind him.
Young rook Williams will find his role.

plasticman

Reaction score
Historically, most of the Cowboy's best safeties in their history were undrafted free agents.

Cornell Green, Cliff Harris, Michael Downs and Bill Bates have combined for a lot of Pro Bowls, 1st team All Pros and SB rings.

Successfully acquiring talent in the lower rounds and free agency is the key to building successful teams in the NFL today. They may or may not become household names but they are extremely cap friendly if they break out early.

Rookie Michael Downs had seven INT's and a fumble recovery in 1981, the same season another undrafted free agent by teh name of Everson Walls had eleven INT's and a fumble recovery.

Today that would be 20 turnovers by two rookies on minimum wage. Do i expect to ever see that again? of course not but my point is there is talent out there in rookie free agency for those clubs that can identify it and hold on to them.

The list of successful rookie free agents that the Cowboys cut is staggering from Jim Zorn to Danny Amendola.

phildadon86

Reaction score
No different than any other staffer, he's lobbied for free agents too. He's not against all free agents , he's mostly against big money free agents like other teams.
Yeah. He asked “if he’s so good why is he available” on countless FAs that could have helped this team. He’s Jerry Jones puppet

conner01

Reaction score
Last year’s draft might 3 or 4 solid contributors. Does Joseph get off with a wrist slap. OSA I’m high on and look for him to develope stamina.Of course Parsons.
Osa started strong but tailed off. That happens with rookies fairly often. I expect him to be improved
Who knows about Joseph
Hopefully Ball can show something to get excited about and I liked what little I seen out of Farniok
Sam and smith will get a chance to contribute right away, as will Tolbert. We need all 3 to be able to contribute

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This kids name keeps ringing out, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he fares.

animaniacs-yakko.gif