Bengals/Raiders WC Game

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I was just curious. In the first Quarter there was a TD pass where the wr dropped the ball as he was being tackled and the play was ruled a TD.

Then in 3rd the Raiders WR had the ball punched out and they ruled no catch becuase he didn't make a football move.

My question is, why in the endzone do you not need to make a football move to complete a catch?
In the end zone , as soon as ball crosses plane with possession is a TD, similarly when the catch is made and both feet in , or elbow , knee down the TD is completed.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's easy to win when the refs award you a TD when the ball is dead. ;)

.1 second before the ball was caught when the whistle blew….it had NO bearing on the play.

like I said, rams whine more about that than they do with any call or non call on the Cowboys….
Incredible.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
.1 second before the ball was caught when the whistle blew….it had NO bearing on the play.

like I said, rams whine more about that than they do with any call or non call on the Cowboys….
Incredible.
The ball was dead in the air. It had all the bearing in the world. The league will admit their mistake tomorrow so stop arguing with me.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The ball was dead in the air. It had all the bearing in the world. The league will admit their mistake tomorrow so stop arguing with me.

well it is over…too bad your team lost.
I am not going to waste my time on this.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dead ball in the air! I saw it. Everyone saw it. the TV announcer guys even saw it.

And the announcer and many on here whined about it all night long…I never seen so much whining over a Dallas game. So why that game.
I still say it had no bearing the timing of it all. And I am correct.
The End.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
And the announcer and many on here whined about it all night long…I never seen so much whining over a non-Dallas game. So why that game.
I still say it had no bearing the timing of it all. And I am correct.
The End.
FIFY

Redline360

Reaction score
No idea why there was a whistle a sec before the ball was caught. Had no bearing on the play however by rules it was a dead ball.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
No idea why there was a whistle a sec before the ball was caught. Had no bearing on the play however by rules it was a dead ball.

I think the Whistle went off because the ref on the sidelines thought Burrows stepped out of bounds prior to the throw

Redline360

Reaction score
I think the Whistle went off because the ref on the sidelines thought Burrows stepped out of bounds prior to the throw

I'm not sure if it was even the ref literally staring at burrow. Ball already was mid air before it was blown. Why blow it way after he was out

Seth5545

Reaction score
We need full-time refs, that was terrible officiating throughout the entire game. The rules state once the whistle is blown the play is dead so it should of been replayed. That roughing the passer call at the end was a complete joke. Can we not touch the QB anymore? This crew needs to be fired asap.

terra

Reaction score
We need full-time refs, that was terrible officiating throughout the entire game. The rules state once the whistle is blown the play is dead so it should of been replayed. That roughing the passer call at the end was a complete joke. Can we not touch the QB anymore? This crew needs to be fired asap.
The NFL is the only professional sports league IN THE WORLD that does not have full time officials.
That really says it all.