Bennett "The enemy against greatness is the unwillingness to change."

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
This is the type of leadership we needed 10 years ago from Ware, Romo, etc. Jerry would’ve woken up by now. Dez would say this and he’d be called a malcontent.
Romo and Ware were raised in the culture. Dez had more internal fight due to personal adversity. It's why I always loved Dez. He would have chopped off an arm if he could and he never won at the top level, so the inherent quality was there, but the tangible proof eluded him

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m talking about Dez post Dallas. He’s said things and he gets written off as malcontent or mad. Fact is he was speaking truth.
Oh, 100% with you there. If you’re talking about his social media posts, I thought those lent great insight into what even the CURRENT players think about Garrett and his system (they just can’t publicly express it like Dez can)

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Eh, who the Hell is this guy to come in and act like he's anyone to the Cowboys.

Just got cut by the Patriots. That tells me all I need to know. He's really never stuck anywhere. He's the one that probably needs to change; and part of the problem.

Traded for, not cut!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Much better than being passive and allowing things to self destruct before our very eyes. Nobody else speaks up at all - especially the lame duck head coach
Yeah I’m sick of all these rkgs....they been taking these losses too well for too long. Sean Lee, Jason Witten are the only ones left. And I feel like guys like Byron and Jaylon are following suit.

Cas2800

Reaction score
Garrett probably just shriveled in a corner, intimidated by the presence of a real leader of men

It’s rumored that once the speech was over, he clapped a few times, gathered everyone up and said, “let’s do this, guys. It’s about execution and being better football players one day at a time.”
I think he said "one year at a time."

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I love it but I can still hear Jerry in the background "I will control the horizontal, I will control the vertical, for the foreseeable future I will control all that you see and hear" :facepalm:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Romo and Ware were raised in the culture. Dez had more internal fight due to personal adversity. It's why I always loved Dez. He would have chopped off an arm if he could and he never won at the top level, so the inherent quality was there, but the tangible proof eluded him

I agree man. I’m not even one Of these guys that is upset we let Dez go. I get why. I’m just tired of this good boy behavior from this organization and coach.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I can't post the source tweet but this is greatness. Make Bennett Coach.
:clap::clap::clap:

In fiery locker-room speech, Cowboys DL Michael Bennett challenged teammates to raise bar.
"The enemy against greatness is the unwillingness to change. We’ve got to be able to change some of the things that we’ve been doing to demand more from ourselves."

Calling out the defensive coaches.....LOL. Let's hope Marinelli had his hearing aid on. :rolleyes:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Eh, who the Hell is this guy to come in and act like he's anyone to the Cowboys.

Just got cut by the Patriots. That tells me all I need to know. He's really never stuck anywhere. He's the one that probably needs to change; and part of the problem.
Problem was along long before Bennett got here.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
I agree man. I’m not even one Of these guys that is upset we let Dez go. I get why. I’m just tired of this good boy behavior from this organization and coach.
It all is just hollow white noise. Once you get a vocal player, they are shown the door. GArret teams would have sucked the life out of Irvin and Ray Lewis

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's interesting that Bennett brought up the contracts. One of the first verbal signs that all of these pay days -- and potential pay days -- is causing a divide of some kind in that locker room.
Yep. Agreed. Especially early in the year, player’s contracts seemed to be a main talking point - in the media, locker room, front office, everywhere.

The overwhelming problem is that most players don’t truly care about team success- they care about getting paid, and winning comes after.

Perfect example: Zeke and Dalvin Cook exchanges jerseys after the MIN-DAL game, and Zeke wrote something to the point of, “go get those $$ bags.”

it really really is, all about the money. So it’s not too surprising that the greed of wanting these unjustified contracts outweighs any desire to actually win football games

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep. Agreed. Especially early in the year, player’s contracts seemed to be a main talking point - in the media, locker room, front office, everywhere.

The overwhelming problem is that most players don’t truly care about team success- they care about getting paid, and winning comes after.

Perfect example: Zeke and Dalvin Cook exchanges jerseys after the MIN-DAL game, and Zeke wrote something to the point of, “go get those $$ bags.”

it really really is, all about the money. So it’s not too surprising that the greed of wanting these unjustified contracts outweighs any desire to actually win football games
Only guys we are paying are the offensive line, Zeke and Lawrence.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score

Money is the root of all evil....

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Only guys we are paying are the offensive line, Zeke and Lawrence.
We’re paying more than that, but read what I replied to. He was talking about how this is the first sign that contracts, or potential contracts, may be dividing the locker room (Dak, Amari, etc)

superonyx

Reaction score
This is the type of leadership we needed 10 years ago from Ware, Romo, etc. Jerry would’ve woken up by now. Dez would say this and he’d be called a malcontent.
Dez was ostracized here because he spoke up and had this passion. He would roam the sidelines trying to motivate these slugs just to have guys treat him like he was the one with the problem.

Cowboys players are rich celebrities. They get the best seats in restaurants, they get autograph and selfie mobs. They are discussed on every sports talk show. They come to work in a state of the art Taj Mahal of sports. They lose some of that raw fight due to this. The nastiness needed to fight through the adversity needed to win at this level.

we need a strong leader at the top that brings this back and brings perspective back into these guys lives.

amazing how many guys here wanted no part of Bennett when we traded for him. Now they love him.