Bennett "The enemy against greatness is the unwillingness to change."

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Here a player who has played in solidly run programs comes in to see this mess of a team that we have. They practice in perfect conditions, they play in an entertainment venue vs a football stadium (it's easy to not pay attention to the game there) and they have a coach who is so robotic that he doesn't take the opportunity to get them out in the rain before a rain game in NE. You think NE was practicing indoors?

This is the top of the line gym vs the golds gym like gym. There are bright shiny weights and people are sipping on cappuccinos. The team needs to get tough from the owner all of the down to the guys on the practice squad. Jerry does it out of love of the program but he has made the team soft. Jason should still create the right atmosphere but he is a huge part of the problem because he doesn't help the team be successful by creatively attacking his opponents weaknesses. Instead he needs to have a smash mouth group of players that he doesn't know who to create.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

“The champions are the people that get remebered,” Bennett said when asked about his message, via Michael Gehlken ...... “They don’t remember who got the biggest contract. A whole bunch of great players got great contracts, but they don’t get remembered as champions. Champions are the ones who get the gold plates and the jackets and they understand what it takes to win. That’s just a certain mindset. That’s just a certain ability to play tough in adverse moments.”

“It’s important that we understand that it’s a small window that we have,” Bennett said, via ....... “We’ve got all the great players. The only thing we’ve got to do is execute in adversity. The enemy against greatness is the unwillingness to change. We’ve got to be able to change some of the things that we’ve been doing to demand more from ourselves and become the people we want to be.

“Every opportunity is in front of us, but it’s just on us to capitalize. To win, you’ve got to sacrifice a lot. It’s going to hurt. It’s painful. You play through injury, but you do it because you have to. To win that championship, to win that Lombardi, there’s no feeling like that. And that takes a lot.”

Bennett, is a better coach than Garrett. He knew day one, that he was playing with a bunch of cream puffs. More concerned about individual wants vs. team needs. No veteran presence at all. Dak is just following Garrett's mantra, instead of taking ownership of the team. Jerry, showing up, only to show off; followed by a slew of yes men.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He had 2 tackles - 1 for a loss.

“Washed up” Sean Lee had 9 tackles - 1 for a loss.

While I’m glad Bennett is angry - I am too - yelling and screaming fixes nothing for these dudes.

Context

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would call him a hypocrite and spit in his face. He’s a known liar and talks out of both sides of his loud mouth. There’s a good reason he’s been on so many teams. The juice ain’t worth the squeeze.

People here always talk about why NE is so successful and how BB gets rid of allegedly great players and continues to succeed yet he dumps off one of his “good” players to us and all of the sudden we got a great deal :rolleyes:

Bellichick is smarter than all of us, do you think he would have given away Bennett if he was worth it? No. Bennett is trash and is known for dividing locker rooms amongst other things but continue to support the chump and think of how BB gave us such a “great” deal for nothing because he didn’t.

Please, shut your whiny mouth. All you do is whine, moan, groan, and spew your pathetic hate for certain individuals.

John813

Reaction score
What amuses me is Jerry heard that speech and came out and immediately said, 'no changes from me!'

Kind of sums it all up, doesn't it?

Well, we will be looking at new kickers now!

There's the much needed change this team needs lol

silvernblu

Reaction score
I can't post the source tweet but this is greatness. Make Bennett Coach.
:clap::clap::clap:

In fiery locker-room speech, Cowboys DL Michael Bennett challenged teammates to raise bar.
"The enemy against greatness is the unwillingness to change. We’ve got to be able to change some of the things that we’ve been doing to demand more from ourselves."
Only guy in that locker room that knows what good looks like.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I wonder how many times the Patriots locker room had to include a fiery speech to turn the team around.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Great the selfish turd that we brought in is gonna lead the charge of spoiled brats. I can't wait.

JMPearson

Reaction score
There’s a massive difference between the presence and overall demeanor of Michael Bennett and Dez Bryant.

Dez’s rants come off like he’s a spoiled child, whereas Bennett has been through the fire and garners a man’s respect.
Wrong , Dez was right and he he knew, JG had support of the supposed leaders in the locker room Witten and Fredrick of the world.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
LOL you guys prop Bennett up on some pedestal yet no team in the league wants anything to do with him after he has been there for a few games. He has more off sides penalties than anything since he arrived and is doing nothing but contributing to the sinking of the ship. Signing him is just another one of the bad decisions that happen all too often.