Bennett "The enemy against greatness is the unwillingness to change."

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Absolutely spot on. And if he’s preaching about stepping up he may want to try leading by example. He was a dud yesterday. 1 or 2 whole tackles all game? Give us a break. Another big talker that doesn’t back it up with performance on the field
You haven't been watching. He's been one of the best players on our defense since he's arrived.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
How can the whole team not feel that way. We looked like a joke. I’m glad Bennett stepped up and said something but also the coaching to put in a game plan against another winning team and that’s how you perform? It would be a miracle if we made the playoffs playing like this

Whyjerry

Reaction score
You haven't been watching. He's been one of the best players on our defense since he's arrived.

I know the guy can play. He has been a good player his whole career. I just think it is ridiculous that he is the guy that is being quoted. How long will he be in Dallas?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It's interesting that Bennett brought up the contracts. One of the first verbal signs that all of these pay days -- and potential pay days -- is causing a divide of some kind in that locker room.
My first thought was his mentioning the contacts, too.

Wouldn't be a surprise that this franchise would value getting that bag over football, though. Always glitz and glamour over substance and winning.

links18

Reaction score
Nice speech. At least someone cares, but it won't make up for lack of talent, poor scheme and obvious coaching deficiencies.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
When you have a well-known NFL turd who was just acquired reciting canned clichés in the locker room you know you have real problems.

408Cowboy

Reaction score

“The champions are the people that get remebered,” Bennett said when asked about his message, via Michael Gehlken ...... “They don’t remember who got the biggest contract. A whole bunch of great players got great contracts, but they don’t get remembered as champions. Champions are the ones who get the gold plates and the jackets and they understand what it takes to win. That’s just a certain mindset. That’s just a certain ability to play tough in adverse moments.”

“It’s important that we understand that it’s a small window that we have,” Bennett said, via ....... “We’ve got all the great players. The only thing we’ve got to do is execute in adversity. The enemy against greatness is the unwillingness to change. We’ve got to be able to change some of the things that we’ve been doing to demand more from ourselves and become the people we want to be.

“Every opportunity is in front of us, but it’s just on us to capitalize. To win, you’ve got to sacrifice a lot. It’s going to hurt. It’s painful. You play through injury, but you do it because you have to. To win that championship, to win that Lombardi, there’s no feeling like that. And that takes a lot.”

Somebody had to say it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Nice speech but it's not going to save this season.

Clean house after the season. Too bad that won't include senile Jerry and his accomplished-nothing son.
How do you know? Are you quitting?

817Gill

Reaction score
This highlighted passage hits the nail right on the head, even if he’s not on the team next year I think he’s respectfully illuminated some of the issues we’ve all felt existed.

https://sports.yahoo.com/yelling-fr...michael-bennetts-encouragement-045516610.html

“We’ve got all the great players. The only thing we’ve got to do is execute in adversity. The enemy against greatness is the unwillingness to change. We’ve got to be able to change some of the things that we’ve been doing to demand more from ourselves and become the people we want to be.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

“The champions are the people that get remebered,” Bennett said when asked about his message, via Michael Gehlken ...... “They don’t remember who got the biggest contract. A whole bunch of great players got great contracts, but they don’t get remembered as champions. Champions are the ones who get the gold plates and the jackets and they understand what it takes to win. That’s just a certain mindset. That’s just a certain ability to play tough in adverse moments.”

“It’s important that we understand that it’s a small window that we have,” Bennett said, via ....... “We’ve got all the great players. The only thing we’ve got to do is execute in adversity. The enemy against greatness is the unwillingness to change. We’ve got to be able to change some of the things that we’ve been doing to demand more from ourselves and become the people we want to be.

“Every opportunity is in front of us, but it’s just on us to capitalize. To win, you’ve got to sacrifice a lot. It’s going to hurt. It’s painful. You play through injury, but you do it because you have to. To win that championship, to win that Lombardi, there’s no feeling like that. And that takes a lot.”

It’s about time someone stood up and said what needed to be said. I hope it has a positive effect and propels the team forward. The fat lady hasn’t sung yet.

aria

Reaction score
I keep hearing about “all the great players” yet a lot of what I see losing games for us are poor tackling, guys getting out run, and man handled, fumbles, etc. What I see are delusional players and fans who are still drinking from the Jerry and media fountain of crap about the alleged “talent” on this team (mostly on the defensive side of the ball).

Last edited:

Creeper

Reaction score
Love that he is stepping up as a leader, but was that him who jumped off sides on a kneel down play?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I keep hearing about “all the great players” yet a lot of what I see losing games for us are poor tackling, guys getting out run, and man handled, fumbles, etc. What I see are delusional players and fans who are still drinking from the Jerry and media fountain of crap about the alleged “talent” on this team (mostly on the defensive side of the ball).
It's bad coaching and overrated players. I never did see how this was the most talented and deep team since the 90's.