Best Decade of Movies

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
The 80's and not even close just check 1988
It's the 70s and it's not close. I agree DE.

Man! It was the ROARING 20'S that set the tone of the tinsel town pace,,,transitioning from silent film to 'talkies'& on the " brink of the edge " with that colorization casing-liner,,,, er,,,,AND IT AIN'T EVEN CLOSE,,,o_O

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Man! It was the ROARING 20'S that set the tone of the tinsel town pace,,,transitioning from silent film to 'talkies'& on the " brink of the edge " with that colorization casing-liner,,,, er,,,,AND IT AIN'T EVEN CLOSE,,,o_O
I like the 20's 30's 40's skip 50's and 60's and you got the 70's and 80's and part of the early 90's close the door after that . in music

in movies nothing beat 70's and 80's

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You are older than me, so naturally the 70's are better to you :grin:

That was a great decade from Alien, the Godfather, Star Wars, Rocky, Jaws, Deliverance, Exorcist, Close Encounters to Every Which way but Loose.

I just happen to think that decade led to the explosion in the 80's :flagwave:

It's true, I am. I can actually remember the 60 and have seen a lot of movies going back to 40s. When I was a kid, you could still see those old films and even earlier so yes, I've seen a lot of old flicks. I don't pick the 70s because I grew up in the 70s. I actually was old enough to see movies in the 80s, much more so then the 70s because I graduated in the 80s. I could not afford to see movies in the 70s, I just think the films made in the 70s were better. I don't think it's because I'm from the 70s or grew up in the 70s. To me, just better movie making in general.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I like the 20's 30's 40's skip 50's and 60's and you got the 70's and 80's and part of the early 90's close the door after that .
Fonz! MAN yer' hurdling over some formulative time span with the 50's&60's as they WERE the great corporate commercialized brainwashing of the U.S.of A's population,,,o_O

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
This is a great conversation topic for movie lovers. Every decade has been graced with fantastic films. My vote goes to the 1970s with releases like:

Jaws
Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
Rocky
The Godfather I and 2
Patton
The Exorcist
Alien
Saturday Night Fever
Halloween
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
One Who Flew Over The Cookoos Nest
Network
All The President’s Men
Superman: The Movie
Blazing Saddles
Taxi Driver
I think I would go with the 70's too, here's a few others

Raging Bull
Carrie
The Outlaw Josey Wales
The early Dirty Harry Movies
Bruce Lee movies
Apocalypse Now
The French Connection
China Town
The Sting
Animal House
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Young Frankenstein
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Jerk

giphy.gif

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
To this day, I still do not understand why John Belushi killed himself. smh.
That was a dark day for sure. He didn't try to kill himself, destructive tendencies and hard partying is a bad combination. He partied like a rock star, in a time when partying like a rock star meant partying like guys like Keith Richards, Keith Moon and Bon Scott. :(

Kevinicus

Reaction score
80's and 90's...probably 90's. 80's had classic comedies and a certain charm. Nineties just seemed more polished and explored new possibilities in film.

cowboyec

Reaction score
50's:
•Elvis movies:Love Me Tender,Loving You,Jailhouse Rock,King Creole.
•Classic Westerns:Shane,The Searchers,Rio Bravo,Broken Arrow.
•Classic Sci-Fi:The Day The Earth Stood Still,This Island Earth,The Thing,War of The Worlds,Earth v The Flying Saucers.
•Classic Stories:The Defiant Ones,Harvey,Ivanhoe,Knights of The Round-Table.
•Classic War Movies:Operation Pacific,Flying Leathernecks,Heaven Knows Mr.Allison,The Enemy Below,To Hell and Back.

rags747

Reaction score
50's:
•Elvis movies:Love Me Tender,Loving You,Jailhouse Rock,King Creole.
•Classic Westerns:Shane,The Searchers,Rio Bravo,Broken Arrow.
•Classic Sci-Fi:The Day The Earth Stood Still,This Island Earth,The Thing,War of The Worlds,Earth v The Flying Saucers.
•Classic Stories:The Defiant Ones,Harvey,Ivanhoe,Knights of The Round-Table.
•Classic War Movies:Operation Pacific,Flying Leathernecks,Heaven Knows Mr.Allison,The Enemy Below,To Hell and Back.
Excellent classic war movies, love them all.