Best Mock Ever?

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
1st. Vlad Ducasse OG/OT- Compares to Jeff Otah. Our future RT.

2nd. Morgan Burnett FS- Bye Ken Hamlin. You suck. Despite what theogt says. Morgan with 14 picks in 3 years. Give me a guy who can make plays please.

3rd. JD Walton C/OG- Bye Proctor. With the boys only carrying 8 OL on gamedays, versitility is huge. Start grooming to take over for Gurode and have quality backup in the meantime. The fact that the Cowboys wanted Unger last year shows they are high on a C/OG.

4th. Jacoby Ford WR- Might have to move up 10 spots or so but worth it. Kick returner. Punt returner. Wide reciever. Speed deamon(4.3 speed). Need I say more?

6th. Brandon Deadrick-DT- Value pick. Have him and Siavii duke it out in TC for the backup NT position. Could slide him over to DE also.

7th. Leigh Tiffin- K- Not sure where he'll go but it's a shot drafting the best kicker in the draft. I don't think I've ever seen him miss.

I know I know..Slate for GM..I know.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3257030 said:

2nd. Morgan Burnett FS- Bye Ken Hamlin. You suck. Despite what theogt says. Morgan with 14 picks in 3 years. Give me a guy who can make plays please.

3rd. JD Walton C/OG- Bye Proctor. With the boys only carrying 8 OL on gamedays, versitility is huge. Start grooming to take over for Gurode and have quality backup in the meantime. The fact that the Cowboys wanted Unger last year shows they are high on a C/OG.

4th. Jacoby Ford WR- Might have to move up 10 spots or so but worth it. Kick returner. Punt returner. Wide reciever. Speed deamon(4.3 speed). Need I say more?

6th. Brandon Deadrick-DT- Value pick. Have him and Siavii duke it out in TC for the backup NT position. Could slide him over to DE also.

7th. Leigh Tiffin- K- Not sure where he'll go but it's a shot drafting the best kicker in the draft. I don't think I've ever seen him miss.

I'd be fine with that. Will Burnett last till our pick in the 2nd?
And what would you plan on doing about LT?

Reaction score
Very nice..Best I seen on the forum. But not to sure on Ducasse. He looked pretty bad today on 1v1. Id rather have Buluga or Campbell in the 1st although ducasse does have lots of potential.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
sureletsrace;3257039 said:
I'd be fine with that. Will Burnett last till our pick in the 2nd?
And what would you plan on doing about LT?
He's the 58th rated player on NFLDS. He could be there in the 2nd

Doug Free looks to be our LT.

AustnIsMySaviour;3257047 said:
Very nice..Best I seen on the forum. But not to sure on Ducasse. He looked pretty bad today on 1v1. Id rather have Buluga or Campbell in the 1st although ducasse does have lots of potential.

He looks like a RT. Those are typically the mauler types. Worst case scenario..slide him over to OG and have him rack up the probowls. Ala BIGG.

Reaction score
yeah I think hes best at Guard, and BTW what about switching 3rd and 4th round picks ? not so sure Ford lasts that long especially with a good week.

VACowboy

Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3257100 said:
yeah I think hes best at Guard, and BTW what about switching 3rd and 4th round picks ? not so sure Ford lasts that long especially with a good week.

Walton will be long gone by #27 in the fourth.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3257100 said:

I don't think Walton lasts that long either. Like I said. We may need to move up in the 4th when Ford tumbles. Using either the 6th rounder or a 2011 draft pick. I think if he's 10 spots within reach you HAVE to get him.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I like it:D

only thing that sucks is another drafting another kicker but we really don't have much of a choice.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;3257142 said:
I like it:D

only thing that sucks is another drafting another kicker but we really don't have much of a choice.

I got your boy in it:D

Well, it's a 6th or 7th round pick and having a solid kicker could win you a few extra games. Might as well.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3257161 said:
I got your boy in it:D

Well, it's a 6th or 7th round pick and having a solid kicker could win you a few extra games. Might as well.
true dat. I remember in 2005 and 2006 the kicker cost us several games.

oh and MORGAN BURNETT 4 LIFE!

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Michigan DE Brandon Graham embarrassed UMass lineman Vlad Ducasse several plays in a row. Ducasse is another guy that everyone seemingly wants to embrace and overlook his faults, but there is absolutely NO WAY he can play left tackle in the NFL. He couldn’t even handle Graham with false starts on two of the plays -

he is a project I my eyes

I watched him play at UM he never was Dominant

give him a couple years - then maybe

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I'm afraid Jacoby Ford will be gone by the time we get to our fourth round pick. Will Leigh Tiffin not go a round or so earlier?

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
8FOR!3;3257338 said:
I'm afraid Jacoby Ford will be gone by the time we get to our fourth round pick. Will Leigh Tiffin not go a round or so earlier?

I'm sure they won't be there by the time April rolls around, but it's early so why not?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
what is a deamon? did u pull a mike greenberg (merged king and junior) and merge demon and deacon?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3257030 said:

DuCasse in the 1st round, is he really rated that high?

I am not sure Burnett makes it to the end of the 2nd. If the Giants do not get Earl Thomas in the first, I see them taking Burnett in the 2nd.

I like me some JD Walton, but I also like the centers from A&M and UNLV. I think both of them can be had as UDFAs.

I am not sure how I feel about Ford. I do know Clemson has major suckage at the QB position. This hurts the stock of any WRs they send to the draft. I would prefer to sign about 2-3 UDFAs, but I would not cry foul if we drafted Ford.

I love me some Deaderick. He is on my mock.

I hate kickers. Folk wins me over and then rips my heart out with his performance this year. Right now, I have super trust issues with kickers. I feel about kickers the way I feel about Tim Duncan at the FT line. I just assume it will be a miss.