Best Mock Ever?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;3257871 said:
DuCasse in the 1st round, is he really rated that high?

I am not sure Burnett makes it to the end of the 2nd. If the Giants do not get Earl Thomas in the first, I see them taking Burnett in the 2nd.

I like me some JD Walton, but I also like the centers from A&M and UNLV. I think both of them can be had as UDFAs.

I am not sure how I feel about Ford. I do know Clemson has major suckage at the QB position. This hurts the stock of any WRs they send to the draft. I would prefer to sign about 2-3 UDFAs, but I would not cry foul if we drafted Ford.

I love me some Deaderick. He is on my mock.

I hate kickers. Folk wins me over and then rips my heart out with his performance this year. Right now, I have super trust issues with kickers. I feel about kickers the way I feel about Tim Duncan at the FT line. I just assume it will be a miss.

Giants aren't going to go Safety first round Kenny Phillips is legit. He was just hurt. They will go LB so expect Spikes to go to them.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I like it but I don't know that we draft another kicker after the Folk Debacle. I wouldn't take Vlad in the first either.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3257872 said:
Giants aren't going to go Safety first round Kenny Phillips is legit. He was just hurt. They will go LB so expect Spikes to go to them.

Kenny Phillips' injury may be a career ender.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Not bad though I do have some concerns about the G/OT but as you said you see him as our RT and definately not a LT.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
1st. Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska

2nd. Eric Berry Tennessee FS

3rd. Rolando McClain Alabama ILB

4th. Joe Haden Florida CB

6th. Russell Okung Oklahoma State OT

7th. Mike Iupati Idaho OG

This would be the best Mock ever!!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Nice.

Does Vlade have OLT potential? Just curious, b/c I'd have a hard time using a #1 on a guy whose cap was RT. Anyway, nice draft....though i may not use a #7 on Tiffin, Jacoby in the 4th would be sweet.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
DFWJC;3258067 said:
Nice.

Does Vlade have OLT potential? Just curious, b/c I'd have a hard time using a #1 on a guy whose cap was RT. Anyway, nice draft....though i may not use a #7 on Tiffin, Jacoby in the 4th would be sweet.

No on LT. He would be a solid RT though. Just like Otah who was selected 17 overall in 08. You could slide him over to OG and he would excel there too. Lots of versatility.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Give me Jacoby Ford, a good safety, Leigh Tiffin, two good offensive lineman and maybe one more that you can take a chance on, and I'll be happy. I'd also like a guy that can play MLB. I know right now Bradie James and Keith Brooking are working it, but they're going on 30 and 35 respectively. Bobby Carpenter had a solid year, but I don't think that it's set in stone that he could takeover when Brooking retires.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DFWJC;3258067 said:
Nice.

I may be in the minority, but I think he does

esp in a power-line scheme like the one we want to employ, although we ask the linemen to be a little finesse

look at Flozell, he has problems with speed rushers, but he gets a good jump at the snap (sometimes too early, hence all the false starts), is huge with long arms, and plays with good knee bend

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
One player who didn't impress me that much today was UMass offensive lineman Vladimir Ducasse. He didn't look like the most fluid athlete and he struggled with his lateral movement in 1v1's. Tyson Alualu stunned him with a rip move then later got under his pads on a bull a little too much for my liking. The scouts and coaches want to see how the small-school guys step up to the big competition and Ducasse isn't living up to the hype at the moment after a great weigh-in.

this why I don't draft him