Best re-binge worthy shows

quickccc

Reaction score
I can only watch a series again if it's been long enough that I don't really remember it very well.

me too, .. it would have to be some time between before i can see a series that i truly adore ,...
Series take up quite a time and i can't run thru them as well as i can some movies

With the 1 hour favs shows such as Games of Thrones , Breaking Bad, True Blood, Better Call Saul, Sopranos, but they also come with lengthy dialogue
that i don't want to work through, and repeat re-watching again that close together from the last time binged-watch them.

However there are sub genre siticoms such as Beverly Hillbillies, Leave it to Beaver, Cosby Show, 3's Company, Seinfeld,
Bernice Mac Show and Good Times that i will re-watch over and over,...

visionary

Reaction score
MASH

Dick Van Dyke
The Avengers, still clever

What amazes me about those last four is that there was no way of taping those shows and some episodes I only saw once but all it takes is one trigger to get the memory banks rolling. I would have been a better student of history and other memory based courses if I'd had teachers that looked like Mary Tyler Moore or Diana Rigg.

I own MASH but will only start a re-watch from the laugh track dumped seasons, I cannot stand laugh tracks and that's why I don't re-visit DVD or Cheers.

I never watched The Office or Parks and Recreation the first time around and recently went through all the episodes of each and liked them a lot. I am on Community now and that's a great watch at night when I don't want to think and just be served stupid with a moral. But, I seldom get through one without a laugh.

i could watch Cheers 10 times and laugh just as hard

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One show I really liked was St. Elsewhere and tried watching it again when the 1st season came out on dvd but knowing the ending, one of the best ever, it just wasn't the same but it did explain some of the episodes better. My wife and I thought some of them got stupid, until we saw the last episode where everything is explained in one scene.

John813

Reaction score
Some have been named, but typically I can rewatch shows a lot when there's not some strange twist or a major character doesn't die, which is impossible to forget.

House is one I can watch over and over.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I've only re-watched 3 shows ever.

1. Seinfeld
2. Frasier
3. Breaking Bad

Possible candidate

1. Dexter (been considering revisiting this)

jsb357

Reaction score
Barry (HBO) has got some funny stuff it it.

Only two seasons so not much of a commitment.

Deadwood was decent. 3 seasons.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish one of the streamers would bring the entire Hill St. Blues and LA Law back. HSB is the only show I ever wrote the network about when I heard they were cancelling it and I discovered I was part of the largest letter writing group to NBC at that point and they responded by renewing it and had a hit on their hands. Also, one of the best opening themes in TV history.

It was the first of the non formula ensemble cast TV shows and it took some time for people to get used to it. Same with LA Law, ER, St. Elsewhere and some others that started with no stars and few familiar faces and gave us mini plots about the characters. And some of those actors like George Clooney and Denzel Washington used that to springboard major careers.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Office

And although not a "TV Show Series" but a series that I re-watch once every couple of years:
Band of Brothers

Creeper

Reaction score
I can rewatch old episodes of Two and a Half Men, Family Guy, and South Park any time, but I have really only binged two series more than once, Farscape and Dark Matter. The first time I watched Farscape I thought it was going to be some corny cheap sci-fi series for kids, but in a few episodes I was hooked on it. For what it is the writing is excellent, the characters are interesting and likable and they develop them over time. There are Henson puppets but it does not come off looking too cartoonish or silly. I never thought would like a something like it but I love this show and have binged it about 20 times.

I have wanted to watch Firefly. A lot of people say that one is really good, and supposedly the producers were influenced by Farscape. But for some reason Firefly is not offered to Prime customers.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I can only watch a series again if it's been long enough that I don't really remember it very well.

I was that way in the before time (pre COVID).

But after working from home exclusively since March, this has gone to the wayside. I’m binge watching NCIS... for a second time, during the day. I need background noise (other than the noise provided by my three young co-workers).

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ok here are some series that are good most of u havent seen. u can look em up at imdb.com
Cobra.Kai.S01 & 2.... This has actors from the first movie and is pretty good story.
The Night of..... was a hbo series, was very good just 1 short season.
This show has a great scene in the first ep, which was tense yet funny as heck, a guy wakes up next to his one night stand
and she has been stabbed to death. he gets dressed and leaves, taking the knife with him in his coat pocket then he gets picked up by the police
and they take him to the police station for some other reason, and he is sitting there with the knife in his pocket wanting to get out of there lol.
But he doesnt make it. The first ep was great. and it has a good ending.
Gommora S1-4 About some mob characters in italy. It has the dumbest mob guys u will ever see lol, and mostly I didnt like any of the characters
but I watched all 4 seasons lol, just to see them get killed lol. But it is well done in some ways and keeps u interested.
NOS4A2 which is Nosferatu lol. S1 and S2 is ongoing now....is ok show with crazy plot, the guy who played spock is the villain.
The Boys S1..... This was a surprise, I thought it would be corny, but turned out to be really good, S2 comes out in sept is superhero show where the supes
are not nice people lol but the 1 new girl is , you just have to watch a few to understand the show , but it is well done.
ZeroZeroZero.S01........this is about some mob guys in italy again, they order 2000 kilos of coke, and then the people who have to get it to them.
it was pretty good, 8 shows.
Waco.S01 docudrama, was pretty good.
Frontier.2016.S01...... has jason momoa as the lead 2 seasons, was pretty good.
Tyrant.S01-3
The.Purge.S01-2
The.Son.S01-2
The.Mandalorian.S01 this was on disney ch, it was really good, fring from breaking bad was a villain in this
Bates.Motel.S01-5........pretty good series, the mom was great.
Fargo.S01 and 2.......pretty good series
Queen.of.the.South.S01-4 this was fairly good.
Narcos.Mexico.S01
Daredevil S01-3 fantastic show
The Punisher 2 seasons , also fantastic show
Jamestown.S01-3 about the colony, some good storys.
11.22.63.Season.1..... guy goes back in time and trys to stop the kennedy assassination vg

ok thats it for now lol there is another one, a martial arts western type show, or china town in early 1900's was vg, and bruce lee's daughter was a producer on
the show, but I cant remember the name of it!! Some of the fight scenes were really good. and story was good. waiting for a S2 if there is one.
The Boys was much darker than I'd expected. I liked it.