Best Vocals We can’t ignore the Singers

skinsscalper

Reaction score
He wasn't/isn't technically the best singer but, for metal (in my book), it's tough to beat Blackie Lawless in his prime. Gritty and powerful. Loved that dude's vocals.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Elvis...50's:Love Me....60's:Surrender....70's:An American Trilogy.

arguably his single best vocal performance:If I Can Dream.

nuff said.

Last edited:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roy. Orbison.

From Wiki...

"Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel both commented on the otherworldly quality of Orbison's voice. Dwight Yoakam stated that Orbison's voice sounded like "the cry of an angel falling backward through an open window".[121] Barry Gibb of The Bee Gees went further to say that when he heard "Crying" for the first time, "That was it. To me that was the voice of God."[117] Elvis Presley stated his voice was the greatest and most distinctive he had ever heard.[122] Orbison's music and voice have been compared to opera by Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, and songwriter Will Jennings, among others."

cowboyec

Reaction score
my favorite period as un-apologetic Elvis fan is the 70's....and specificaly 1970...his return to the stage more polished than '69....and he and his band were in complete sync.
Three of my favorite songs from this period reflect....forever....why I think he's the greatest ever.

•Just Pretend...from the album Thats The Way It Is....soulful...raw...powerful.
•I Really Don't Want To Know...from the classic album Elvis Country....a perfect recording.
•Funny How Time Slips Away....from the classic LP Elvis Country....this was "soul/country"....the man was fearless...if he liked the song he put everything into it....he does here.

3 gems....enjoy.

cowboyec

Reaction score
some more voices I can't live without.
•Ray Charles...Georgia On My Mind,America the Beautiful...but his atlantic recordings...WOW.
•Otis Redding...Try a Little Tenderness,Pain In My Heart,These Arms of Mine.
•Waylon Jennings...my favorite outlaw not named Elvis....Ride Me Down Easy,Memories of You and I,Whistlers and Jugglers,The Hunger.
•Ronnie Van Zant....Simple Man,I Need You,Whisky RockaRoller,All I Can Do Is Write About It.