Best War Movie Ever!

timb2

Reaction score
Just was wondering what is in your opinion the Best War Movie Ever. You can pick only 1.

So many to choose from.

I say overall for me it's

Saving Private Ryan

All the characters and story was well written.Opening scene is unforgettable.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just was wondering what is in your opinion the Best War Movie Ever. You can pick only 1.

So many to choose from.

I say overall for me it's

Saving Private Ryan

All the characters and story was well written.Opening scene is unforgettable.
Would you consider Schindler's List a war movie?

It wouldn't top Apocalypse Now. However if Im making a list ( and I probably will later when I have some time to put some though into it), Schindler's List is a good example to us to separate War movies from the not quite War movies

Maybe I'll do two lists. War movies and Not Quite War movies lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't pick one as that is one of my top two genres. Saving Private Ryan, The Great Escape, We Were Soldiers, The Thin Red Line and Hacksaw Ridge are great and address different views of war and courage.

Best Naval war film I've seen is Greyhound on Apple TV+, that film put me right in the middle of it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can't pick one as that is one of my top two genres. Saving Private Ryan, The Great Escape, We Were Soldiers, The Thin Red Line and Hacksaw Ridge are great and address different views of war and courage.

Best Naval war film I've seen is Greyhound on Apple TV+, that film put me right in the middle of it.
Really enjoyed Greyhound. Would have loved to be able to see it in the theaters. I went on bit of a Naval kick after that. Wished Midway wasnt so terrible