Better get Dak’s deal done now

blueblood70

Reaction score
not big rush but target should be decide on deal or FT before FA and the draft. Need to have plan in case he holds out

dak is not going to get the highest market $ he seeks anyway because if that were the Jonses plan they would have paid him,.im nit worried about allens deal..

they have a number and this may simply be another FT or dak does more team friendly deal post injury etc

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Jerry paid Dlaw an outlandish contract but keeps dragging his feet on the team's leader. :huh:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
So Jerry should rush to pay Dak just because Josh Allen is tearing it up and 1 game away from the AFC championship? Screw that... If Dak wants a big pay day he needs to earn the damn thing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry paid Dlaw an outlandish contract but keeps dragging his feet on the team's leader. :huh:
because the difference between 20 and 40 is ridiculous and he offered dak many deals, they weren't accepted bunch of total bullspit saying they dragged their feet..

dak wants twice what the next players deal is and 2.5 times more then zeke..this isnt madden , the jonses are negotiating not dragging their feet..Daks more of the issue then Jones, he held this up over years not AAV..that on dak, tad and todd..ok BUD..

this is a two way street..

Bizwah

Reaction score
It's not necessarily an issue of money. Dak doesn't want a five year deal. I can't blame him. But I also understand JJ wanting a five year deal. It certainly helps to move money around to open up cap room.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Because Jerry's MO is to give long contracts, backdating the guaranteed money via bonuses which he restructures. As Dak and France only wanted a 4 year deal ....and our CAP for 2021 through 2023 is tight Jerry didnt have the money to pay them what they wanted.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Is it bad that I want the team to resign him just so I can see people meltdown?
tenor.gif

baltcowboy

Reaction score
**Insert literally anything of relation over the past 2 years. Before Wentz, before Watson, before Goff..

It's been talk, no walk from both sides for so long now, do you actually believe this?
I do because both Dak and the Cowboys want to get a deal done. Dak will not play another season on the tag. He already got burned once.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dak will not be here for 2022. O well. Jerry and stephen screwed it up

Probably not here for 2022. Almost certainly not signing a new contract in 2021, in a cap squeezed year, coming off of injury. Dak has had plenty of time and money to sign here and hasn't.

After seeing the disaster produced by the new regime, and the collapse of assumed keystone players like Zeke, Jaylon, and LVE, why should he *want* to come back?

He bet on himself and rode a 2mil contract in a prove it year instead of signing. Why wouldn't he want to bet on himself for 38mil in another prove it year, and sit out free agent negotiations in a cap squeezed year?

aria

Reaction score
PAY THE MAN! He’s earned it a hell of a lot more than 90% of the other divas on this team.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I do because both Dak and the Cowboys want to get a deal done. Dak will not play another season on the tag. He already got burned once.

So far from the truth. Dallas offered Dak great money and he was too greedy (and dumb) to accept it. His broken leg is exactly the reason why he should have taken a deal that was maybe a little less than he wanted but offered a bunch of guaranteed money.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Stash has not been around lately but him alone would be worth the price of admission.
OMG, I love @stasheroo to death, but I think I would die laughing should this conflagration come into fruition!
Then I would be sad for the lost cap funds.

But that would be after the laughter!

Nice rhyme at the end.
Thank you!
You're welcome.