Better get Dak’s deal done now

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
OMG, I love @stasheroo to death, but I think I would die laughing should this conflagration come into fruition!
Then I would be sad for the lost cap funds.

But that would be after the laughter!

Nice rhyme at the end.
Thank you!
You're welcome.

Yeah he's good people. He just really hates Crawford and sometimes it's fun to poke the bear.

cern

Reaction score
I do because both Dak and the Cowboys want to get a deal done. Dak will not play another season on the tag. He already got burned once.
How did he get burned? His 31 million was guaranteed.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
It's the same thing people were saying about Mahomes deal. It really shouldn't affect Dak's deal at all. It's a different tier of QB ranking. Allen has taken the steps forward that Dak never has.
His agent will still use it as leverage.
It’s not about playing for DAL and doing a deal necessarily, but how to maximize Daks value.
There are teams who will pay. Just ask Cousins.
$145 MIL.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

If you pay me 35 million to play a season on a tag I guarantee you I will not feel like I was burned. I couldn't earn that much money in 3 or 4 lifetimes and Dak got that over the past 6 months. To feel like you got burned because you only got 35 million for what basically amounted to 5 weeks of work takes greed and ungratefulness to unseen levels.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If you pay me 35 million to play a season on a tag I guarantee you I will not feel like I was burned. I couldn't earn that much money in 3 or 4 lifetimes and Dak got that over the past 6 months. To feel like you got burned because you only got 35 million for what basically amounted to 5 weeks of work takes greed and ungratefulness to unseen levels.
Anybody say he actually feels "burned"?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Thing is, his being up has almost surpassed. The guys in his draft year all have been paid that are going to be. Mahomes and Watson already have been as well. Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson are the guys coming up and Dak doesn't deserve any more than either of them. There is also Mayfield. The reality is that Dak as it stands is no better than the 8-12 range as far as QBs go. He's not better than Rogers, Brees or Brady. There are a handful that you can argue he is in the same group as....that aren't coming off a serious injury.

Dak played one year on his rookie deal when he could have signed a contract similar to the deal Wentz did. He played on the franchise tag when he could have been paid more on a long term deal. He has left millions of the negotiating table and I doubt that he ever makes that up.

Dallas always has the choice to let him walk as a free agent and tell him to bring his best offer and they will decide whether they will beat it or not. If that happens, Dallas would certainly get a 3rd round comp pick for Dak and a lot of cap space. And we would see what Dak's value on the market is. Of course there is always a team or two that will screw up the position range by overpaying someone.
Dak is one of the top 10 quarterbacks in the NFL. We screwed up by winning meaningless games that we now have no chance to find his replacement. The team loves him and he is not only the best player on the roster but the heart and soul as well. I know of a team in the NFC East that would pay him big money If he was a free agent. A third round comp pick would not suffice for Dak.

plymkr

Reaction score
I wish Jerry would have signed Dak immediately after the 2018 season.

So many distractions would have been avoided, and money saved.
That would have been the best for all parties involved. Dak, Jerry and the fans all would gave been better off with him signing after 2018.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Tell that to Cousins. LOL.
His agent is using the same method.
Tag-Release-Trade. Pick one.
Tak gets what he wants in all three scenarios.
I can’t disagree. I am just saying as a team owner I would balk at paying Dak 40 + million after seeing what is going on with Wince, Goff, Cousins, etc....

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Burned with the injury. He turned down 100+ million guaranteed. It appears he will be ok but I bet he won’t take that chance again.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Don’t worry . They will. And it will be bigger than most can imagine.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
What does Josh Allen's contract have to do with Dak's. One is winning in the playoffs as we speak, and the other is rehabbing a severe injury and sitting at home just like us. Yeah, i see the similarities. :rolleyes:
It may increase the franchise tag amount. Based on the top 5 salaries.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I wish Jerry would have signed Dak immediately after the 2018 season.

So many distractions would have been avoided, and money saved.
It’s why I did t want Jamal adams. Every offseason for the last 3 years we have some big distraction because of a contract extension . Jerry and Stephen love the drama. I’m exhausted by it

Proof

Reaction score
What does Josh Allen's contract have to do with Dak's. One is winning in the playoffs as we speak, and the other is rehabbing a severe injury and sitting at home just like us. Yeah, i see the similarities. :rolleyes:

took him 3 years to get one under his belt. Looks fantastic this year for sure but I’m not seeing the gulf

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Top QB’s in a couple years will be getting 50 million. By then Daks 40 million might not even be top 10.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The Joneses offered a fair deal but the guarantees were a little lower then what Goff and Wentz got. No way the agent was going to go for that. I think if the upped the guarantees Dak would have over rid his agent. I think it got close but not in time for the deadline.

It wasn't a fair deal. Did you see Watson's only a few weeks later? Dak was right not to take that deal. Now he'll get the same or more than Watson especially since it's a year beyond that deal.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We should have a forum wager. Between who thinks Jethro will resign Dak this year to those who don’t. Whoever loses 30 days no posting. Put your money where your mouth is. Who’s in?