Big 12 looking to add 4 PAC 12 teams

terra

Reaction score
I grew up with Nebraska a perennial powerhouse

After yesterday I think its time to put up the Tombstone:

"HERE LIES NEBRASKA FOOTBALL"

But I think its more than not getting the best coaches there; I question if a school that far from the best Football talent and in an area of such a low population can ever really compete at the highest level again without a true all time coach.

To be blunt its more than a days drive to any major population center; and I think that is a bigger factor than many realize.

You look at the last 20 years and which continual major football powers falls into that category?

csirl

Reaction score
Was at the Nebraska v Northwestern game. All down to poor coaching. The onside kick call was horrible. Nebraska had the better team/athletes and it looked like the Wildcats were playing at their limit just to keep up until the bonehead call.

csirl

Reaction score
They had a FG kicking cpmpetition at halftime in the Nebraska v Northwestern game. 3 members of the public who entered a competition. 2 of the 3 got all their kicks out to 45yds - they started with 30yds and went 5yds longer if they made it. Ran out of time so jthey ust got the 2 guys to punt with whoever is longest winning the prize!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I grew up with Nebraska a perennial powerhouse

After yesterday I think its time to put up the Tombstone:

"HERE LIES NEBRASKA FOOTBALL"

But I think its more than not getting the best coaches there; I question if a school that far from the best Football talent and in an area of such a low population can ever really compete at the highest level again without a true all time coach.

To be blunt its more than a days drive to any major population center; and I think that is a bigger factor than many realize.

You look at the last 20 years and which continual major football powers falls into that category?
They recruited Texas really well.
That and California.
Add the local boys on Roids and they had a monster program.

They aren't far from KC and 8 hours from Chicago but the football gods must be appeased in Texas, Florida, California if you are going to win it all.
Ohio State has 7 Texas IIRC. 1 of which is their WR1.
Alabama has 11 Texans JUST on offense.