Twitter: Big day for Jaylon and Zeke

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Note that Zeke's 2021 salary was guaranteed *last* year. So that 12.4mil for *next* year in effect buys us *two* years.

Even so, it's arguable that he isn't worth it, but it's not a huge stretch that he could be.

Jaylon, meanwhile, ain't worth the 7.2mil, and his salary only *increases* in upcoming years. Unless there's some health recovery impending that they know about, he's just not going to be worth that contract every. Move on.

The signing of Neal should have been the nail in the coffin for Jaylon. Jaylon, Neal, and LVE should *all* be in their contract years if they're here this year. Using *all* our snaps on contract year players leaves us with nothing for the future. Don't do it. Draft some guys and give them some snaps.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I still can't believe Jerry caved that badly on Elliott to put the team in a spot like this.

They basically can't cut him to avoid 2022 since 2021 is already guaranteed.

Pretty much 4/60 fully guaranteed, and they would have to pay him to sit home to change that.

Yeah. It was a bad call. But the choice to keep Elliot *now* may be ok. 12.4mil for the next two years. Arguably not worth it, but not so far from it, and maybe he rejuvenates. I think he had a hamstring issue for much of last season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Point taken, but do you believe paying a RB anymore is the right move? I just don't...
too late hes here not debating it further then it costs more to cut him than keep him and in time as usual players will get cut..

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Made no sense to cut them this, year cap savings minimal.

Cap hit already pending from money already spent doesn't disappear just by pushing it into the future. We can save Jaylon's 7.2mil if we let him go. Keeping him only increases the money we've wasted on him. Gotta look farther than *this* year's cap hit to properly analyze our choice *today*.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm hoping Quinn uses Jaylon as a pass rushing blitzing LB for the most part. He is definitely not a run stopper and he has poor instincts on plugging holes. Having him pressure the QB may be his best skill if he has any.

People keep trying to find a role for a guy who is fundamentally limited. Jaylon is not good in coverage, so he's just a standup dlineman in nickel, and not a very good one. Give it up. Move on.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Ugh....you’re killing me. I wish I never saw this.
Wait? You didn't know that?

Figured you did.

I didn't either until @Flamma pointed it out last year around this time

I'll never forget the sick feeling I felt that day. I guess this is that day for you.

Yes, another two full seasons of mr. feed me.

HOF talent gives way to low key faded.

stiletto

Reaction score
too late hes here not debating it further then it costs more to cut him than keep him and in time as usual players will get cut..

Thanks for answering my question. The semantics, sure you are right but do you think it was the right move to cave to Zeke's demands? Were you for the move?? Go on record.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
People keep trying to find a role for a guy who is fundamentally limited. Jaylon is not good in coverage, so he's just a standup dlineman in nickel, and not a very good one. Give it up. Move on.

Precisely.

The newest phenomena is the thinking that Jaylon is some kind of proficient pass rusher. Jaylon is only effective if he’s trying time and shoot a gap untouched. Otherwise, any resistance by an offensive lineman has proven enough to stifle Jaylon.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I can see the rationale to keep Zeke around. I do not see it with Jaylon. He’s that bad a football player.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Thanks for answering my question. The semantics, sure you are right but do you think it was the right move to cave to Zeke's demands? Were you for the move?? Go on record.
umm far too late!

2 seasons later and still whining. Sorry wont debate an issue since other Rbs not only were picked higher then zeke but also paid more then him since. Its not just jerry the market for great Rbs is now 10-15 and well at the time zeke was a great RB at the time and was really our entire Identity on offense and not really all his fault what happened last year and what started in 2019 is KM movign toward a Pass happy scheme..chat happens why debate an issue that 2 years in the rearview and wont be resolved at the momenet.???waste of time..
zekes best years =playoffs , pass happy KM to Dak combo = downhill slide..get it?? hope it all balances out this season AND IT PAYS OFF..2022 WILL HAVE A LOT OF CHANGES , BE PATIENT..

jblaze2004

Reaction score
giving zeke that deal was dumb. Drafting him at number 4 was dumb. That pick should of been Jalen Ramsey. But I guess at least he was highly productive and not a bust.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Cap hit already pending from money already spent doesn't disappear just by pushing it into the future. We can save Jaylon's 7.2mil if we let him go. Keeping him only increases the money we've wasted on him. Gotta look farther than *this* year's cap hit to properly analyze our choice *today*.
Hopefully Quinn can get the player back to top form.

Mannix

Reaction score
-------Jaylon’s not great but take him out of the current LBer room and look what’s left.

Again, her name is Jaclyn.....or you can simply refer to her by her M.O....."business decision"

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

I agree he is limited, but he will be on the roster this year with or without our blessing, so we gotta deal with it. he won't be on the pine full time so he will be used on the field in some capacity. After this year, yeah, we can move on.

aria

Reaction score
Wait? You didn't know that?

Figured you did.

I didn't either until @Flamma pointed it out last year around this time

I'll never forget the sick feeling I felt that day. I guess this is that day for you.

Yes, another two full seasons of mr. feed me.

HOF talent gives way to low key faded.
Most people would think I’d have a countdown calendar but it’s quite the opposite. The only time that loser crosses my mind is on game day and when I come on here. It’s like a living nightmare, just wake me up when it’s over.

The only good news about no football is I don’t have to look at his ewok look a like, mouth breathing, tapping out, diva, self spoon feeding idiotic gesturing, punk bully jerk face. Even took him off my avatar for that very reason.