Big Mike at Alabama Pro Day before the FS visits

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
No. Expected a high 4.4 into low 4.5

Was shooting for the high in hopes he’d crush it
His perceived lack of speed has been greatly exaggerated on this forum. Really the entire Internet. He runs more than well enough.

Add in his smarts, years of experience in the SEC, great coaching and his father helping him since Jr. High and he is and has been a fantastic prospect.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike deleted his tweet mentioning McCarthy attending the pro day but David Moore hasn't.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Depends on what happens in front of us, but Surtain is definitely in the mix. Farley not being able to work out and being out of the game for so long gives me some concern.

Carson

Reaction score
His perceived lack of speed has be greatly exaggerated on this forum. Really the entire Internet. He runs more than well enough.

Add in his smarts, years of experience in the SEC, great coaching and his father helping him since Jr. High and he is and has been a fantastic prospect.
Agreed. Been on the bandwagon all season. I just think he’s a perfect fit and can become an elite player.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Agreed. Been on the bandwagon all season. I just think he’s a perfect fit and can become an elite player.
The problem is, he very well could be gone by pick 10. If he’s there, he’s likely the pick.

At least Denver probably paid their way out of the cornerback sweepstakes. I’ve seen mocks with Atlanta taking Surtain.

Carson

Reaction score
Being that Alabama does their Pro Days inside their practice bubble, perhaps they didn't let McCarthy in because it would be impossible to maintain proper social distancing with him in the building.
... or he stopped at the BBQ stand right off campus

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
People who think it’s just for Surtain aren’t paying attention. He’s looking at Smith and Waddle as well plus Baramore.

The three at the top all have a chance at #10 and Baramore in a trade down scenario.

I’d be quite pleased with moving and Baramore.

Gaede

Reaction score
A 4.5 guy; exactly what was expected (by all the sane folks, at least). Has always been and remains top target at 10. I doubt this is new info to teams

Last edited:

jujoboys

Reaction score
Surtain or a trade down where we select Barramore or Farley

Hopefully Farley is off their radar with that top pick. We don't need a player that opted out last year and is having back surgery this week. I'm tired of taking players with injury and character issues in the first couple rounds of the draft. Teams that have a strong roster can take chances on players with injury and character issues. We need players that can make an immediate impact and aren't lounging around in the rehab facility (physical or drug) for the first couple years of their career.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I hope he's at least having a convo with Najee Harris! I'd love for him to become a Cowboy!

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Uhhhhh maybe he won't be there at 10?

Dane said a 10th of a second to the time. 4.42 is what Diggs ran. So picking him at 10 will not be a reach. He is probably a 4.48-4.5 guy. With no injuries and is 21 years old. I can’t see any corners that would rate ahead of him in this draft unless Horne runs a 4.2 tomorrow.

Bigdog

Reaction score
His perceived lack of speed has been greatly exaggerated on this forum. Really the entire Internet. He runs more than well enough.

I'll take him with the 10th pick. I will always want a smart player with good instincts over a skill player but not very smart any day.

KDM256

Reaction score
Never understood as to why Surtain's speed as an issue. I can't remember the last time Saban had a slow DB starting multiple season.

Surtain is legit as they come and should be a no brainer pick at 10