Big Mike at Alabama Pro Day before the FS visits

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Surtain is just so smooth and sure with everything he does. His technique, football IQ, toughness are all NFL ready.

He’ll be very good year one IMO.
Listen let’s make it simple. We loved how Diggs played last season. Guess what Surtain is considered the better prospect. If there was a redraft I think Diggs would have been a top 20 pick.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Surtain is just so smooth and sure with everything he does. His technique, football IQ, toughness are all NFL ready.

He’ll be very good year one IMO.
This is what I like about him. I admit that I at first I wanted Farley with a little hesitation but now more so with his back. I have no reservations on picking Surtain. I just hopes he gets to us at pick 10.

Reaction score
He won’t be there at 10. With Farley gone, teams will look at him as only first round lock at CB. We will likely trade back for Horn, Barmore, or JOK.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Well that sucks. And dumb.
Alabama is going to have another pro day. Smith said that he’ll either run for that or have a day on his own for it.

I’m sure it is the same for Waddle as long as it’s ok with the doctors.

Rayman70

Reaction score
not worried one bit bout his forty time. How often will that be a factor in a game? Put it this way, if a wr gets behind him and gets the ball, he deserves to get burned...but a forty has little to do with getting beat on a route. Its mostly about sound technique and football IQ...understanding what the wr is trying to do and reacting accordingly. People are disrespecting Surtain with all this farley talk and comp. To me, Surtain is in a league of his own and Farley is down a couple notches. Horn and Molden to me are closer to Surtains ilk than is Farley. Understand something, back injuries tend to afflict anyone their entire lives once you begin dealing with them. I expect this to follow farley his entire life. Thats too bad for the kid. I think he will have a great career but a short one. Maybe about 5-6 years. Surtain is a alpha dog that WILL show up game in game out...the same dude every game. He is alot like Amari Cooper in his workman like quiet manner. Just draft the kid at 10 and be happy. UNLESS slater is there.

lk8701

Reaction score
His perceived lack of speed has been greatly exaggerated on this forum. Really the entire Internet. He runs more than well enough.

Add in his smarts, years of experience in the SEC, great coaching and his father helping him since Jr. High and he is and has been a fantastic prospect.

Yeah this is very important. Joey and Nick Bosa benefitted from having John Bosa as their father. Peyton and Eli benefitted from having Archie.