Big Mike- Large and in charge

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It's remarkable how often a poster's perception of how the Cowboys operate comports with their personal feelings about the player in question.

Even better is when they convince themselves that they actually know it to be true, as opposed to it just being an unsubstantiated opinion. :muttley:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not sure this was the power play move the OP thinks at all.

It was more than likely a worst case scenario fix. The Cowboys as constructed can now win 8 to 9 games with Dalton as starter- possibly more.

Mac and the team all want Dak back. But his value is indeed diminished because only once has Dak won more than 9 games.

Dak needs to be reasonable.

Mac is not preparing to move on per se- but he is hedging his bet if that unlikelihood occurs.

Depending on DiNucci's development this spring and this season- he will start to envision life without Prescott @ QB.
He had seasons of 13 and 10 wins

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I saw the title and I was REALLY, REALLY hoping that it was about how MM is like a breath of fresh air, how the new approach to FA, the draft, and the new schemes will energize our team to new heights.

But no. Another pointless Dak thread.
I just come into his threads for the lol's

He blocked me, which makes it even better. Now I can comment without worrying about trying to have a conversation with him

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Right now its appearing like talking heads are in charge and the need for loyalty etc. But Mike is in charge and he is taking a no nonsense approach. And JJ is getting a lot of heat for the way the team has fallen and not lived up to its potential.

Maybe Mike has brought JJ back to the realization that this is the NFL and not raw raw football anymore and the need to Get Down to Business.

Can there be any doubt but that Jerrah wants change.

And that part of the change is clearly Big Mike?

Some want Mike to be an evangelical coach to right everything Garrett did wrong.

That's a long list.

McCarthy has been sending out messages subtly since taking over. Some not so subtle.

People allude to the fact Big Mike likes this type of QB and this sort of offense or defense or STs.

Firstly I would imagine he likes QBs who are not on strike or refusing to attend online coaching classes.

Dak is not that for him. Can you imagine owning and running a company who has a key employee who refuses to work?

And you have 52 other employees being pay over $200 mil to also work but can't really work as well becuz the key employee has an attendance problem voluntarily?

Big Mike has to do something becuz the Jones need help breaking the impasse.

Andy Dalton..welcome.

Dalton is the perfect answer. He wants a second chance. He is a prime example of putting all the chips in one basket and coming up snake eyes.

Is it Dalton's fault their talent as Bengals was not enough or the coaching had limits?

No..it just was. Sometimes luck just factors in.

So we will all watch this unfold and take our Pepcid and hope.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
giphy.gif
Dog..

Too much of anything is bad for you.

BTW..try sprinkling some garlic salt and onion salt on it. And lots of butter. Like a pizza that goes crunch.

:laugh:

glimmerman

Reaction score
All I am saying is that I have never seen a leopard change his spots.
He let the big tuna have a lot of input. And when that ended I think JJ said something to the effect of not doing that again. So it will be interesting to see. I do expect him in the locker room giving his pep talks. Lol.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He let the big tuna have a lot of input. And when that ended I think JJ said something to the effect of not doing that again. So it will be interesting to see. I do expect him in the locker room giving his pep talks. Lol.
Yeah.

Still think he will do the press interviews after the games in the lockeroom?

I think that will change. I would have Hope's that Mike is the one speaking not Jerrah.

The team needs a consistant message from the HC only. It's one of the biggest problem all the coaches had with Jones.

Non-uniformity of message.

Mike needs this controlled better.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah.

Still think he will do the press interviews after the games in the lockeroom?

I think that will change. I would have Hope's that Mike is the one speaking not Jerrah.

The team needs a consistant message from the HC only. It's one of the biggest problem all the coaches had with Jones.

Non-uniformity of message.

Mike needs this controlled better.
I still think JJ may show up in there...