"Bigger than bigger" iPhone 6.. who is getting one?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the end it is whatever is best for the individual.

For some reason I thought my upgrade was not due till next year. The wife says it is later THIS year. (still don't think that is right lol).

But was looking at the phones and unless I go for a bigger screen phone...I am just not that blown away by the newer phones compared to my S3.

I might even just get a larger Micro SD Card and an extra battery for my current phone and stay with it and upgrade later when a phone I really like comes out...again that is if I don't go for a bigger screen.

That's pretty much how I feel, as well. I look at some of the other phones occasionally and based on my needs, I don't really need to switch.

I got a larger Micro SD card and I have two extra batteries for my Z-10, plus a remote charger so, I'm good on battery life. lol

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score

For some reason I thought my upgrade was not due till next year. The wife says it is later THIS year. (still don't think that is right lol).

But was looking at the phones and unless I go for a bigger screen phone...I am just not that blown away by the newer phones compared to my S3.

I might even just get a larger Micro SD Card and an extra battery for my current phone and stay with it and upgrade later when a phone I really like comes out...again that is if I don't go for a bigger screen.

the S5 is a really nice upgrade from the S3

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's pretty much how I feel, as well. I look at some of the other phones occasionally and based on my needs, I don't really need to switch.

I got a larger Micro SD card and I have two extra batteries for my Z-10, plus a remote charger so, I'm good on battery life. lol

I kind of figured those things got much better battery life than many of the newer smart phones due to the smaller screen.

oh and I also kind of figured maybe those keyboards would wear out a good deal with a lot of use vs a virtual keyboard.
I know the main home button on my old iphone, and a few friends as well, started to wear out some so figured those keyboards woudl do the same.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the S5 is a really nice upgrade from the S3

I know it is superior in most of the specs but it just does not really grab me overall if that makes sense.

Also...what the bald headed hades was going on in Samsung because it seems like every month they were coming out with a new version of the S5.

Recently I thought I might wait and get the S5 Alpha but it turns out it is actually smaller than the regular S5.

crazy.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Because while their margins in the U.S. have fallen way off, they're doing brisk business in other parts of the world..

Interesting. Always wondered.

Have a note2 on versizon.
My upgrade is also end of year (I know for sure... Lol) right around note 4 time.

Whoop there it is!

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
I know it is superior in most of the specs but it just does not really grab me overall if that makes sense.

Also...what the bald headed hades was going on in Samsung because it seems like every month they were coming out with a new version of the S5.

Recently I thought I might wait and get the S5 Alpha but it turns out it is actually smaller than the regular S5.

crazy.

the S3 was a great phone, so I get what you are saying.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I kind of figured those things got much better battery life than many of the newer smart phones due to the smaller screen.

oh and I also kind of figured maybe those keyboards would wear out a good deal with a lot of use vs a virtual keyboard.
I know the main home button on my old iphone, and a few friends as well, started to wear out some so figured those keyboards woudl do the same.
Well, I get pretty good battery life, so I rarely use the extra batteries. They give you an extra battery when you first purchase the phone. And I had to replace my Z10 earlier this year, because one of their OS updates hosed my phone, so I got an extra battery with the new phone, too, so that's why I have two extra batteries.

The Z10 is their touch phone, btw. On my old BBs, the silver keyboard would wear out a bit, but when they went to the black keyboards, they held up a lot better.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting. Always wondered.

Have a note2 on versizon.
My upgrade is also end of year (I know for sure... Lol) right around note 4 time.

Whoop there it is!

That 4 has all of the great specs, starts off with 32 gb base model and you can add your sd card to it. It has the stylus, it can do so much more than most phones and I DO like the big screen.

But they are so big without a case but add one and I don't know if I want to tote that thing around in my pocket or feel like I am holding my tablet to my ear.

I don;t really have a problem using a two handed phone...I always go landscape mode when texting cause I suck at texting and that gives me more room. But still not sure if I want to tote that big thing around.

It is a struggle in my mind...one minute I think...I might do it, the next time I think...you know you don't really want it.

We will see who which one of my personalities will win out lol.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I get pretty good battery life, so I rarely use the extra batteries. They give you an extra battery when you first purchase the phone. And I had to replace my Z10 earlier this year, because one of their OS updates hosed my phone, so I got an extra battery with the new phone, too, so that's why I have two extra batteries.

The Z10 is their touch phone, btw. On my old BBs, the silver keyboard would wear out a bit, but when they went to the black keyboards, they held up a lot better.

I do know that if I ever have to fly again...this boy is getting a spare battery.

No more trying to find a open wall socket in between flights while having to sit next to people doing the same and some not smelling to well or just nasty. lol.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
That 4 has all of the great specs, starts off with 32 gb base model and you can add your sd card to it. It has the stylus, it can do so much more than most phones and I DO like the big screen.

But they are so big without a case but add one and I don't know if I want to tote that thing around in my pocket or feel like I am holding my tablet to my ear.

I don;t really have a problem using a two handed phone...I always go landscape mode when texting cause I suck at texting and that gives me more room. But still not sure if I want to tote that big thing around.

It is a struggle in my mind...one minute I think...I might do it, the next time I think...you know you don't really want it.

We will see who which one of my personalities will win out lol.

they should of made the mini an exact copy with a smaller form factor.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
He replied that he disliked the new crop of bigger phones from Samsung et al. "You can't get your hand around it," he said, "no one's going to buy that." He also derided big phones as "Hummers."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/steve-jobs-was-wrong-about-big-phones-2014-9#ixzz3EFeTY2T0

Ohhhh....

Dude. I was online at Starbucks last year around April. A regular sized, hot chick was using her note2.

I just laughed.

It's not too big IMO. I have a belt clip case that I put in front pocket. In, not hanging out of pocket and it feels fine.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ohhhh....

Dude. I was online at Starbucks last year around April. A regular sized, hot chick was using her note2.

I just laughed.

It's not too big IMO. I have a belt clip case that I put in front pocket. In, not hanging out of pocket and it feels fine.

You had me with Hot chick...

You lost me with belt clip...hate those things.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Unsure what to think. Considering upgrading but really only because I have a 5S and it's a straight swap with new 2-year agreement.

6 plus is too big. May was well just call it the iPad micro. Wouldn't fit into your pocket, which makes it pretty much worthless IMO. Apparently the 6 has bent in the pockets of a few people. Not sure what to think. I'd rather they show a picture of their pants as well because if their wearing those painted-on, super tight chick pants that both dudes and women wear then most everyone else will be just fine without it bending.

I'm tempted just cause it's a free swap. Would probably want a little bulkier case than I normally go for. Don't really care for cases at all so usually just go for the cases so low profile and small they seem like they wouldn't work. Elago makes some really solid cases I've used. Super small but they've held up so far.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unsure what to think. Considering upgrading but really only because I have a 5S and it's a straight swap with new 2-year agreement.

6 plus is too big. May was well just call it the iPad micro. Wouldn't fit into your pocket, which makes it pretty much worthless IMO. Apparently the 6 has bent in the pockets of a few people. Not sure what to think. I'd rather they show a picture of their pants as well because if their wearing those painted-on, super tight chick pants that both dudes and women wear then most everyone else will be just fine without it bending.

I'm tempted just cause it's a free swap. Would probably want a little bulkier case than I normally go for. Don't really care for cases at all so usually just go for the cases so low profile and small they seem like they wouldn't work. Elago makes some really solid cases I've used. Super small but they've held up so far.

Speaking of cases....just to keep the thread going some.

Really like my musubo on my S3
Really liked my Urban Armor Gear but it started getting small cracks in it so I changed to the Musubo

Musubo Retro...
P01SSI930HY013RE_MU-2.jpg

Urban Armor Gear (UAG)...

P01SSI930HY016WH_UA-2.jpg

So...Maybe we can show some pics of cases we use(d)

Or even your phones background image...

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/BGCaptainMorgan.jpg

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I just bought the new Ipad Tablet so I really don't feel like i'll be upgrading from my Iphone 5.

I don't use it nearly as much since getting a tablet and if you don't own a tablet and have been on the fence about getting one I suggest you pull the trigger and do it.

I love mine.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Speaking of cases....

I used to use an OtterBox but I just got sick and tired of having a giant case on my phone.

This is what I'm using right now.

41cFTv5HpVL._SY300_.jpg

Mine is pretty beat up, cracks on the bottom of it but I have dropped my phone a lot more than I would like and it's held up nicely. You can find them on Amazon pretty cheap.