CFZ Biggest embarrassment in Cowboys history- and it won't matter enough to Jerry

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m old enough to have watched all 67 Cowboys playoff games. All 36 wins and all 31 losses. That was the most embarrassing loss in Cowboys history. To be trucked at home by a 9-8 #7 seed is beyond inexcusable. It’s actually what this organization has become: A lazy embarrassment when it matters most.

As I watched that colossal failure tonight unfold into a 27-0 deficit with 2:00 left in the first half, I could not help but think that there is no other team in the entire playoffs who would have stunk it up that bad at home with everything in front of them. To lay an egg of that proportion in front of millions is not only disgusting, it is gutless.

But my fellow Cowboys fans, I can guarantee you one thing: It won’t change things much at the Star. Nope. If you think Jerry Jones is as mad as we fans are or is angry enough to make major changes throughout this organization, don't get your hopes up. I will predict it right now- there will be no Bill Belechick or Jim Harbaugh “to the rescue”. Because this ship sinks every year regardless of the HC.

Since our last SB, we’ve had 6 different HCs, and 8 different OCs and DCs. And one GM who won’t change. Promise you. He will be smiling this July at his putrid “State of the Cowboys” presser in “Ox-nerd” selling sand to all us fans in this 28 year desert. And most Cowboys fans will buy it again. Oh and expect Mike McCarthy to be seated with JJ and “Giggles” next July. Because JJ likes being comfortable more than he likes to be hungry.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Bob there is a point where kids wont want to be Cowboys fans. I am 30, i have witnessed zero winning. My nephew who is 7 only knows the cowboys to be epic losers - any kid that age who is a fan get’s the works.

In 10 years, kids will look at the cowboys like the browns and the old fans will be dead. This is a crucial point for the franchise

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The last time the Cowboys faced a home deficit as big as today in the playoffs the game was in the Cotton Bowl.

Cleveland won that game, then lost to the Vikings, who then lost the Super Bowl to the Chiefs.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Agree! My first thoughts after it unfolded besides my horrible thoughts of a comeback were “we are going to change things” but as the evening goes on I realize Jerry isn’t wildcatters Jerry anymore. He’s content to be close and will stay his course of safety

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Biggest embarrassment in Cowboy's history, and it won't matter enough to fans who will still spend hundreds, and even thousands of dollars on game tickets, airline tickets, jerseys, parking, food, etc. The same ones will be there in the preseason, regular season, and playoffs. The same ones will still be spending hundreds of dollars on some package to watch on tv.

Biggest embarrassment in Cowboy's history, and it won't matter enough to Dak especially, and all the other players. Win or lose embarrassingly, get paid.

Biggest embarrassment in Cowboy's history, and it won't matter enough to many fans as they will worship the ground these players walk on and seek their autographs.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob there is a point where kids wont want to be Cowboys fans. I am 30, i have witnessed zero winning. My nephew who is 7 only knows the cowboys to be epic losers - any kid that age who is a fan get’s the works.

In 10 years, kids will look at the cowboys like the browns and the old fans will be dead. This is a crucial point for the franchise
Boy do I know. I have three sons who are all in their mid to late 30s. They watched all those 90s teams with me. Now they see the Cowboys as a joke.

ryanbabs

Reaction score

My son is in high school now (yes the one on my avatar) and he tells me all the time how most of the kids hate the Cowboys. We live in DFW.

kskboys

Reaction score
All I keep hearing everywhere now is...WE HAD A BAD DAY!

Do ya think so?

Everybody came in and said..."WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A GOOD DAY!" and then we saying now "WE HAD A BAD DAY!". Okay, cya.
Seriously? Super bowl contenders don't have "BAD DAYS" against 9-8 teams at home in the playoffs. If that's the way the players feel, then it's time to make some changes.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I keep hearing everywhere now is...WE HAD A BAD DAY!

Do ya think so?

Everybody came in and said..."WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A GOOD DAY!" and then we saying now "WE HAD A BAD DAY!". Okay, cya.
How about this: The packers have won more playoff games at AT&T than the Cowboys have! 3. (Edit: the Cowboys have won the same amount as the pack) 3. Still embarrassing.

Last edited:

TWOK11

Reaction score
The 1998 loss to the Cardinals was basically the same thing, getting blown out at home by a fringe playoff team.

And I think you’re crazy if you believe this loss hurts you or me as much as Jerry Jones. We all get to go back to our jobs, families and other hobbies after this. The Cowboys are his job, his hobby and the thing his entire family is centered around. Hes in the last decade or so of his life and the ONLY thing he cares about anymore is one more ring before he dies.

We may not agree with decisions he makes but you’re kidding yourself if you believe you will lose more sleep than Jerry over this. I certainly won’t I know that.

Ozone22

Reaction score

In ten years Jerry might also be dead and not see how he destroyed this once-proud fanbase.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The 1998 loss to the Cardinals was basically the same thing, getting blown out at home by a fringe playoff team.

And I think you’re crazy if you believe this loss hurts you or me as much as Jerry Jones. We all get to go back to our jobs, families and other hobbies after this. The Cowboys are his job, his hobby and the thing his entire family is centered around. Hes in the last decade or so of his life and the ONLY thing he cares about anymore is one more ring before he dies.

We may not agree with decisions he makes but you’re kidding yourself if you believe you will lose more sleep than Jerry over this. I certainly won’t I know that.
But will it result in the kind of changes we all know are needed? No. He’s not bothered enough to do that.