Biggest Potential Bargains in 2019 NFL Free Agency

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
It would be one heck of an early xmas present to see Adam Humphries walking through that door while watching Cole Beezilla walking in the opposite direction. He can take his brinks truck, and his massive ego, to somewhere that appreciates a so called #1 receiver.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Their point on WR Adam Humphries seems to be that because slot WRs get paid less than outside WRs that makes Humphries a bargain as long as he gets less than 15M per that outside WR Jarvis Landry received.

In regards to a player like OT Greg Robinson, if he is a "bargain" then why wouldn't the Browns sign him. They can win any bidding war that develops.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I would love to bring in Greg Robinson as a 'project' swing tackle, or maybe even future RT. I know he hasn't lived up to where he was picked in the draft, but he's always been an intriguing talent.
I'm curious, myself...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Their point on WR Adam Humphries seems to be that because slot WRs get paid less than outside WRs that makes Humphries a bargain as long as he gets less than 15M per that outside WR Jarvis Landry received.

In regards to a player like OT Greg Robinson, if he is a "bargain" then why wouldn't the Browns sign him. They can win any bidding war that develops.

If he is missing a little mean streak, being in Dallas now, would help. Colombo

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Tre Boston. Yeah, yeah, I know that Dallas likely wouldn't touch him for other reasons, but he's a pretty good S and likely would be cheap. Something that should interest our frugal front office.

I also wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Suggs as a situational pass rusher.

S. Jones: Does not fit our scheme...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not predicting anything, but Dallas has historically not been big on spending money or using high draft picks at the safety position. I don’t agree with the way they’ve handled the position but it seems it’s a philosophical thing.

For that reason, all the ET talk and talk of other big FAs at safety has me somewhat skeptical. I could certainly be dead wrong, but the Cowboys just don’t seem to be that intent on spending cap space on a top safety. The last S in Dallas that this team spent a lot of money to keep was Darren Woodson, right?

I guess Byron Jones was technically drafted in the first round as a safety but he’s proven to be better as a corner, and I’m not convinced this org will throw a ton of cash at him to stay after this year. I guess we will see whether this trend continues this off season.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
If I'm looking at guys it's definitely Phillips (S) and Humphries (wr). Phillips will be less money than ET and 3 years younger. I wish this team would sign just 1 or 2 starters in FA to supplement their drafts

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I do like Spencer Ware from that list.

Here is my list:

Ty Nsekhe, OT-really solid older player, replaces Fleming should he leave
Shamar Stephen,DT-good depth tackle behind Woods
AJ Cann,G-underrated, might end up out of price range
BJ Finney, C-nice depth at center
Jimmie Ward, Cb-yes moving him back to corner where he belongs
Tyeler Davison, DT-my personal fav, would challenge Woods for starting role. Great locker room guy.
Eli Rogers-looked like a player early on in Pittsburgh

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I do like Spencer Ware from that list.

Here is my list:

Ty Nsekhe, OT-really solid older player, replaces Fleming should he leave
Shamar Stephen,DT-good depth tackle behind Woods
AJ Cann,G-underrated, might end up out of price range
BJ Finney, C-nice depth at center
Jimmie Ward, Cb-yes moving him back to corner where he belongs
Tyeler Davison, DT-my personal fav, would challenge Woods for starting role. Great locker room guy.
Eli Rogers-looked like a player early on in Pittsburgh
that is one random list..... I have never heard of any of them

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Sick to see that Adrian Phillips was to be had at SS for 1.5mil. A SS made lots more sense for us. Heath isn't a good SS, and Frazier was iffy.

I still think so, but it would have to be someone else, as he won't come cheap anymore after his first Pro Bowl.
He is overrated by his play in 2018. Remember the beast the Chargers have a FS. Derwin James at FS will make me look good a SS. A 5-10-202 pound SS with 4.60 speed and very little play making ability scares no one.

The Heath bar must go back to the candy rack.

Sydla

Reaction score
I see a few people talking about depth behind Woods.

Frankly, I think we should find a DT that Woods can provide depth for. I like Woods, but we need to be better than him up front IMO.

But yes, I fully expect our front office thinks we are just fine there.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I keep looking at T.J. Yeldon. Normally, I would say to go to the draft for a backup RB - however, the RB draft class doesn't look the best for that. I was hoping we could find a speedster that has a homerun threat ability, since Zeke lacks that, but nothing there.

Obviously, we shouldn't consider overpaying or even paying too much for a backup RB. But it's something to consider.

There is also Ameer Abdullah.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Beasley will be less expensive than Humphries while Beas is the better player currently.

I dont understand all the excitement over him.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
that is one random list..... I have never heard of any of them

Under the radar.

Davison took a lot of snaps for the Saints. 26 yo one tech DT, 6'3 309 pretty good at the point of attack, seems to be an ascending player.

Ward is a former first rounder who was with SF.

I'll let you google the rest. ;-)

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Beasley will be less expensive than Humphries while Beas is the better player currently.

I dont understand all the excitement over him.

Don't agree Bease is better. This guy caught 76 balls last year and has been getting better every year.

Either way he will be out of Dallas' price range. I see Indy written all over him.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Don't agree Bease is better. This guy caught 76 balls last year and has been getting better every year.

Either way he will be out of Dallas' price range. I see Indy written all over him.

Cole caught 65 balls on a run first offense(Tampa being the most pass happy offense in the league), with 18 less targets than Humphrey and 68 less snaps.

But I'm not strictly speaking of stats.
I think Humphries is being pimped out due to the weak WR class, and Humphrey being the latest example of grass is always greener.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Cole caught 65 balls on a run first offense(Tampa being the most pass happy offense in the league), with 18 less targets than Humphrey and 68 less snaps.

But I'm not strictly speaking of stats.
I think Humphries is being pimped out due to the weak WR class, and Humphrey being the latest example of grass is always greener.

Similar player, four years younger, less injury concerns, maybe better attitude.

conner01

Reaction score
Adam Humphries added to our line-up in Beasleys spot than a TE from the Draft like Hockenson or Irv Smith oh yeaaaaa
We may actually spend some on FA this year but I don’t see spending on a slot receiver in a year with a draft loaded with good slot prospects