Biggest Potential Bargains in 2019 NFL Free Agency

75boyz

Reaction score
I’m not predicting anything, but Dallas has historically not been big on spending money or using high draft picks at the safety position. I don’t agree with the way they’ve handled the position but it seems it’s a philosophical thing.

For that reason, all the ET talk and talk of other big FAs at safety has me somewhat skeptical. I could certainly be dead wrong, but the Cowboys just don’t seem to be that intent on spending cap space on a top safety. The last S in Dallas that this team spent a lot of money to keep was Darren Woodson, right?

I guess Byron Jones was technically drafted in the first round as a safety but he’s proven to be better as a corner, and I’m not convinced this org will throw a ton of cash at him to stay after this year. I guess we will see whether this trend continues this off season.

I think we gave Hamlin a decent contract. Can't remember but maybe Sensabaugh too but maybe mis remembering...gettin' old! Lol

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I see a few people talking about depth behind Woods.

Frankly, I think we should find a DT that Woods can provide depth for. I like Woods, but we need to be better than him up front IMO.

But yes, I fully expect our front office thinks we are just fine there.

And that’s not a knock on Woods but he would be that much more productive with fewer reps.

75boyz

Reaction score
I would love to bring in Greg Robinson as a 'project' swing tackle, or maybe even future RT. I know he hasn't lived up to where he was picked in the draft, but he's always been an intriguing talent.

This is actually my biggest concern so I guess you could insert Robinson's name here. Fleming wasn't a total bust in the Green mold anyway and Looney and SuaFillo did good to excellent as back ups. The starting oline's ability to return to dominance along with having credible NFL caliber backups is my biggest key to success.

More than all the off-season contracts being discussed.

It may sound like an exaggeration but I agree with another poster who made the comment. Looney was the MVP for this squad last year. Yes, I'm serious and totally agree.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind Spencer Ware depending on the $. He’s not a scatback, but he.s been productive before and he can catch the ball. He’s also still young.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Kurt Coleman is being released by NO.

He’s 30.
Had years of 7, a few 4 and 3 interceptions.

We had 9 as a team last year. Saints realeased him from a 4.2 million dollar salary upcoming.

He could be a solid bargain to get heath off the field.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Woods was definitely nice.
But heath is at his ceiling.
He gets no better than he is now, which is still often a liability with his angles.

Heath's best year was 2017. Back half of the season they were playing him at 90%+ per game. 3 INTs, 4 PDs, and the forced fumble against Oakland to save the game.

The last DB to get more INTs was Newman in 2011. Heath was getting the knack on breaking on balls. He broke harder on INTS and had better hands when getting to the ball than any DB I can recall for us. They should have kept him playing as our single high FS.

But they decided to go with Woods instead, and I don't see them backing out of that now.