Bijan Robinson at 26th

Flamma

Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of people saying draft him and keep Pollard. I think that’s a dumb idea. Roll with Pollard, and Davis or draft pick, or draft pick, Davis, and another draft pick.

One thing I wouldn’t mind looking into is Myles Sanders. Depending on the cost. He is underrated and fast.
I don't think it's that dumb of an idea after watching Pollard get hurt. Had Dallas beaten the 49ers, I would have zero confidence going into Philly. They needed Pollard as a threat. I don't think he would cost that much anyway. But what you said is the more pragmatic approach.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s fast enough honestly. Lot games at ut he didn’t do much

cowboyec

Reaction score
helluva player.
i'd have 0 problem with the pick.
but there are some good backs to be had if they decide to wait.
but robinson is the best of the bunch.
immediate day1 impact.
no doubt.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I don't think it's that dumb of an idea after watching Pollard get hurt. Had Dallas beaten the 49ers, I would have zero confidence going into Philly. They needed Pollard as a threat. I don't think he would cost that much anyway. But what you said is the more pragmatic approach.
This is a Zeke problem though. He can easily be replace at a much, much cheaper option than a 1st round pick.

Aven8

Reaction score
If they draft Robinson in the first he’s your back. If they pay Pollard he’s your back. Can’t be splitting Carrie’s with a high draft pick and a dude you just paid a lot for IMO. Look at what they did with Zeke.

Hardline

Reaction score
Youre not just getting a great rushing threat with Bijan Robinson. He is also a major threat in the passing game .
He's the best RB in the NFL the second he's drafted.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Youre not just getting a great rushing threat with Bijan Robinson. He is also a major threat in the passing game .
He's the best RB in the NFL the second he's drafted.
I totally agree with your first sentence, but your second sentence is of course your Longhorn homerism, lol.

I’m all onboard taking him at #26 overall. I just don’t think he drops that far unless he records a 4.75 forty or something, lol.

Hardline

Reaction score
I totally agree with your first sentence, but your second sentence is of course your Longhorn homerism, lol.

I’m all onboard taking him at #26 overall. I just don’t think he drops that far unless he records a 4.75 forty or something, lol.
I fully expect him to be off the board before our pick.
I'm just wondering if Gibbs is worth the 26th pick or look at Charbonnet in the 2nd round.
We need a top tier RB from this draft.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Philly has never shown much of a desire to use top resources on a TB. Even with two picks I’d be surprised if they used one on a TB, especially trading up for one.
My biggest fear. Is Jalen Carter falling to Philly.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
If he's still there at 26 I would draft him. Zeke is done. Pollard. Great back but with that injury. I don't know. I wouldn't sign Pollard long term but I might would franchise tag him for 1 year. Pollard will never be an every down back but Bijan can if need be. Thoughts?
As you said if he’s there. I’d be all for it and Gibbs too

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
My biggest fear. Is Jalen Carter falling to Philly.
I don’t see any way that Carter gets close to 10. They might could trade up to get him but that would be expensive in the top 10.

Carter would have to have a terrible pre-draft process to not go top 5, IMO.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I fully expect him to be off the board before our pick.
I'm just wondering if Gibbs is worth the 26th pick or look at Charbonnet in the 2nd round.
We need a top tier RB from this draft.
Here is a video of a couple of PFF guys (who know what they’re talking about) breaking down the top RB’s from this draft. It is a long watch, so just whenever you have some time, but they talk about Gibbs in there and give their take on him as well as the others. Spoiler… they love Robinson.

Also, if you click on the description of the video, it breaks it down into chapters where you can click on the runner that you want to hear about and the video will skip to that part.

I recommend watching all of it though because unlike most online guys, they really do know their stuff. They view prospects in a lot of the same ways that I do and they have done well in prior drafts. I trust and value both of their opinions. They are Trevor Sikkema and Connor Rogers.

Trevor is often a guest on NFL Network some shows.

They have a podcast and they do a ton of draft stuff, so you can spend a lot of time getting their views on players.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I think we are about the top of Bijan's range, honestly.

He's very much in the mold of other uber-athletic pure runners we have seen recently... Nick Chubb, Jonathan Taylor, Breece Hall, I'll hear an argument for Kenneth Walker. All of them are like 220 lbs, ran a sub-4.4 40, put up mountains of college rushing yards, and had no passing game impact. And all of those guys went top of the 2nd.

I'd say most of their teams ended up happy with their pick, but the league was fine with letting them drop. I don't see what's so game changing about Bijan that he's going to be a top 20 cinch.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Personally, If Bijan is there, and Porter or various others aren't there..........I would definitely take him, as long as Pollard isn't resigned.

If Pollard is resigned, and I wouldn't because he is both getting up there in RB years and coming off an injury, then you don't waste a draft pick on a RB.
I think Pollard deserves a big pay contract, I just hope Dallas isn't the one who gives it to him. I just think within a couple years, he will be Zeke and totally broken down. Love his play, just don't like how long RB usually last in the NFL.

If I were Dallas, I would try to sign Pollard to a couple three year modest deal. I don't think he takes it, but it is what I would offer. If he signs elsewhere, Zeke is the starter and Davis goes into the Pollard role.
If Bijan is available when they draft, pick him up, and cut Zeke June 1. If not then see if you can pick up Gibbs, Achane or Charbonnet in the second.
Even if I picked up any of Robinson, Achane, Charbonnet, or Gibbs.......I'd still be looking 6-7 for Gray or Deuce Vaughn.

If I picked up a couple RB's in the draft, then Zeke would still be a June 1 cut. If not, then Zeke lasts another year with Davis and a draft pick.

Too many possibilities at the present time, but RB is not a major issue, just a minor one, IMO. much like CB.