News: Bijan Robinson visits Cowboys

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I’d love to get Bijan but as I already said I doubt he slides down to us. I know there’s the philosophy of you don’t draft running backs in the first round. I say you don’t resign first round running backs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I’d love to get Bijan but as I already said I doubt he slides down to us. I know there’s the philosophy of you don’t draft running backs in the first round. I say you don’t resign first round running backs.

Yet teams will still draft RB in the 1st rd not just Dallas.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why reach for him that high? He will probably be available in the 4th round and possibly lower. Sproles was taken in the 4th and Vaughn is probably not quite as good as Sproles. Close though.

I'm probably off on what round he is graded in. I'm somewhat out of the loop with draft stuff right now. If he is more of a 4th or 5th round prospect come draft day then yes, he would be an ideal pick in the 4th or 5th. I just do not think he will stick around that long. He is going to light up the combine and has some incredible play on tape. He'll be one of those guys that starts crawling up boards. I bet a GM gets greedy and reaches for him earlier than we think.

Last edited:

joseephuss

Reaction score
I'm probably off on what round he is graded in. I'm somewhat out of the loop with draft stuff right now. If he is more of a 4th or 5th round prospect come draft day then yes. He would be an ideal pick in the 4th or 5th. I just do not think he will stick around that long. He is going to light up the combine and has some incredible play on tape. He'll be one of those guys that starts crawling up boards. I bet a GM gets greedy and reaches for him earlier than we think.

It is possible. I did a quick search earlier and saw a couple of sites list him as a possible UDFA. I'm thinking 5th is the best grade he will get. I would very much welcome him in Dallas as the 3rd string guy much like Sproles was most of his career.

Reaction score
DT and O-line is where they should be looking early in the draft. Probably CB too.

RB's are easy to find.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He might be a great addition, partnered with Malik Davis, at some point. :grin:

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He might be a great addition, partnered with Malik Davis, at some point. :grin:

If they let Pollard walk and get rid of Zeke they will almost certainly have to pick a RB in the first few rounds. Robinson, Davis, [insert UDFA RB here] would be a more than acceptable group.

I really think the most likely scenario is that Jerry is going to resign Pollard, convince Zeke to take a significant pay cut (I get the feeling that Zeke has made his money and wants to see this thing through with Dak), and roll with Malik Davis as your third again.

I can't help but think we would be better served letting Pollard walk and adding a difference maker like Robinson, but Pollard has been lightning in a bottle and I can see the temptation to bring him back on good money.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Bijan would be like rookie Zeke and tremendous but then you gotta give him lots of carries and touches and eventually you gotta pay him 15M APY and the same people begging for him will grow to hate him....

Just go get a guy in rR3/4 and let him work into the backfield with whomever is left.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If they let Pollard walk and get rid of Zeke they will almost certainly have to pick a RB in the first few rounds. Robinson, Davis, [insert UDFA RB here] would be a more than acceptable group.

I really think the most likely scenario is that Jerry is going to resign Pollard, convince Zeke to take a significant pay cut (I get the feeling that Zeke has made his money and wants to see this thing through with Dak), and roll with Malik Davis as your third again.

I can't help but think we would be better served letting Pollard walk and adding a difference maker like Robinson, but Pollard has been lightning in a bottle and I can see the temptation to bring him back on good money.
That would be my plan.
1 year re-run of this crew with Zeke taking less cash and TP making more while I grow Malik Davis.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I want to take Deuce Vaughn in the 2nd or 3rd if he is around at that point. The guy is Darren Sproles mixed with Austin Ekeler and would be a monster here.
Vaughn's father, Chris, played college football at Murray State and is a scout for the Cowboys after previously working as an assistant coach at Arkansas, Ole Miss, Memphis and Texas.

phildadon86

Reaction score
No...but if some team drafts him before 25, they're dumb.

This draft is LOADED with talent. So many DLinemen. Smart teams will take their RBs in 3rd or 4th rd area.
This is the Cowboys sir. They dont take DL high. I would be doing everything in my power to move up to grab Jalen Carter. And that includes mortgaging the future. The last thing we want is him going to the freaking Eagles.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No...but if some team drafts him before 25, they're dumb.

This draft is LOADED with talent. So many DLinemen. Smart teams will take their RBs in 3rd or 4th rd area.

You mean like KC? who used a 1st rd pick on RB in 2021? I don't expect Dallas to take Robinson but I do expect he will be a 1st rd pick he brings a lot to the table as a top running back who is is a very good in passing, blocking and rushing. Right now even in the NFL the run game is taking on a bigger role and not just Dallas.