I didn't even lsi some key contributers to this team this year like

Julius Jones
Anthony Fasano
Sam Hurd
Miles Austin
Marcus Spears
Akin Ayodele
Tony Curtis

fasano has worked out pretty good. it's no crime to be a solid TE behind witten.

hurd - jury still out.
spears is good, but not 1st round talent. happens all the time.

he brought in some old players that couldn't cut it anymore and no, not all of his choices succeded. who's does? on the whole we're much better off than before.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
iceberg;1862189 said:
fasano has worked out pretty good. it's no crime to be a solid TE behind witten.

hurd - jury still out.

he brought in some old players that couldn't cut it anymore and no, not all of his choices succeded. who's does? on the whole we're much better off than before.
Exactly. Compare the 2002 Cowboys roster to the 2006 version should be all anyone needs to know to know about Parcell's talent evaluation.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
iceberg;1862189 said:

hurd - jury still out.

Yeah, 13 - 2 better!

Had Tuna coached this team (and I'm glad he was here) I bet the Boyz would be about 9 - 5...

I absoutely hated his game management!

(and those firggen Italians)! :bang2:

:lmao2:

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
windward;1862199 said:
Exactly. Compare the 2002 Cowboys roster to the 2006 version should be all anyone needs to know to know about Parcell's talent evaluation.

Look at the Browns,when you draft high,talent will be available.
Look at Duane's 2nd rounders(its pretty easy to pick Newman and Ware in the first,thats easy...but Carpenter?)...passing on Jackson for J Jones?...unforgivable.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars;1862205 said:
Yeah, 13 - 2 better!

Had Tuna coached this team (and I'm glad he was here) I bet the Boyz would be about 9 - 5...

I absoutely hated his game management!

(and those firggen Italians)! :bang2:

:lmao2:

My thoughts exactly...

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Artie Lange;1862208 said:
Look at the Browns,when you draft high,talent will be available.
Look at Duane's 2nd rounders(its pretty easy to pick Newman and Ware in the first,thats easy...but Carpenter?)...passing on Jackson for J Jones?...unforgivable.
Show me a team over the same time period were most of their draft picks worked out. Just because you have a high draft pick does not mean you'll be successful. Why do team like Detroit, Arizona and others consistently lose, then?

Maybe it's not so easy to build a consistent playoff contending team.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
windward;1862219 said:
Show me a team over the same time period were most of their draft picks worked out. Just because you have a high draft pick does not mean you'll be successful. Why do team like Detroit, Arizona and others consistently lose, then?

Maybe it's not so easy to build a consistent playoff contending team.

Joe Gibbs would disagree with that statement.

:cool:

JPM

Reaction score
Artie Lange;1862137 said:
After his 4 seasons in Dallas,I can't understand why this individual continues to be worshiped.
Anyone with an IQ above room temperature knows that he is not a great talent evaluator,and has never won anything without Belichick.
He cannot scheme to save his life,His mentality is basicly "Your man has to beat their man"....you know what Duane,sometimes their man is better than yours.That's why schemes are created,to neutralize certain players,something Duane apparently never understood(See Detroit game last year).
Miami,you better pray he is not in charge of building your O line.
Duane is responsible for Jacob Rogers,Al Johnson(2 time pro bowler Gurode,already on the roster was drafted by Jerry Jones) and Stephen Peterman.
All high picks,all gone.
Get ready Miami for LBs and TEs in bunches.
Epic meltdown

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
windward;1862199 said:

Game, Set & Match

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Frankly, the point of the segment is somewhat unclear.

If Parcells is only going to pick the 2007 Patriots, why even bother with the discussion?

Bizwah

Reaction score
Nors;1862508 said:
Game, Set & Match

Agreed.

To short Parcells' contribution to this team isn't fair.

We were a laughingstock until he got here. His presence brought some validity to this organization. We had lost a ton of respect until he got here.

We went from a perinnial doormat (5-11 three straight seasons) to a playoff contender instantly. Now, we're knocking on the doorstep to the SB.

Sure, he missed in the draft. But as someone said earlier, most draft picks don't pan out. The key is drafting enough impact players to make a difference.

He did that in spades.
Newman
Ware
Canty
Barber
Crayton
Romo
Hatcher

khiladi

Reaction score
windward;1862043 said:
Yes, I did. They were not "average" They dominated the Eagles, beat a pretty good Packers team and managed to put away a feisty Steelers team that hung around.

Actually, Dallas dominated the first half, but they couldn't come away with TDs in the red-zone. This red-zone problem became clearly apparent the next few years, where they couldn't score and had Zampese, who was pretty much done, as an OC. That was also the year Jay Novacek retired, and we couldn't find a decent replacement TE.

While people remember the blunders of O- Donnell, they clearly forget the first half of the game. Dallas was moving the ball at will, but they sputtered in the red-zone.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bizwah;1862545 said:
Agreed.

To short Parcells' contribution to this team isn't fair.

We were a laughingstock until he got here. His presence brought some validity to this organization. We had lost a ton of respect until he got here.

We went from a perinnial doormat (5-11 three straight seasons) to a playoff contender instantly. Now, we're knocking on the doorstep to the SB.

Sure, he missed in the draft. But as someone said earlier, most draft picks don't pan out. The key is drafting enough impact players to make a difference.

He did that in spades.
Newman
Ware
Canty
Barber
Crayton
Romo
Hatcher

let's not go crazy w/newman. didn't parcells want someone other htan newman? makes you wonder about his other picks too.

StylisticS

Reaction score
khiladi;1862573 said:
Actually, Dallas dominated the first half, but they couldn't come away with TDs in the red-zone. This red-zone problem became clearly apparent the next few years, where they couldn't score and had Zampese, who was pretty much done, as an OC. That was also the year Jay Novacek retired, and we couldn't find a decent replacement TE.

While people remember the blunders of O- Donnell, they clearly forget the first half of the game. Dallas was moving the ball at will, but they sputtered in the red-zone.

Yep.
I believe Dallas was up 10-0 and driving again in the 2nd quarter. Michael Irvin caught a touchdown that would have put us up 17-0 but was called back for offensive pass interference. Had to settle for a fg and that gave life to the Steelers for the rest of the game.

kbman

Reaction score
bayougirl1207;1861515 said:
Bill Parcells is an Idiot!

You could have stopped right there, 'nuff said. Never liked him, glad he's gone.

:clap2::clap2:

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
StylisticS;1862587 said:
Yep.
I believe Dallas was up 10-0 and driving again in the 2nd quarter. Michael Irvin caught a touchdown that would have put us up 17-0 but was called back for offensive pass interference. Had to settle for a fg and that gave life to the Steelers for the rest of the game.

That Super Bowl marked a turning point, in my opinion. After the first half, the Cowboys were never again the dynamic, dominant offensive team they had been. They were no longer a threat to score thirty points in each game.

goshan

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;1862606 said:
That Super Bowl marked a turning point, in my opinion. After the first half, the Cowboys were never again the dynamic, dominant offensive team they had been. They were no longer a threat to score thirty points in each game.

I completely agree. The Super Bowl was a predictor of the team's short falls for years to come.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Artie Lange;1862137 said:
After his 4 seasons in Dallas,I can't understand why this individual continues to be worshiped.
Anyone with an IQ above room temperature knows that he is not a great talent evaluator,and has never won anything without Belichick.
He cannot scheme to save his life,His mentality is basicly "Your man has to beat their man"....you know what Duane,sometimes their man is better than yours.That's why schemes are created,to neutralize certain players,something Duane apparently never understood(See Detroit game last year).
Miami,you better pray he is not in charge of building your O line.
Duane is responsible for Jacob Rogers,Al Johnson(2 time pro bowler Gurode,already on the roster was drafted by Jerry Jones) and Stephen Peterman.
All high picks,all gone.
Get ready Miami for LBs and TEs in bunches.

So the temprature in your room must be freezing ehe?:D