Bill Parcells is an Idiot! '07 Pats would beat '93 Cowboys

satam55

Reaction score
He said the Belicheats would beat the '93 Cowboys thirty something to twenty something. He said the Cowboys D wouldn't be able to generate enough pass rush. Really? Does this idiot realize that they had Charles Haley and Tony Tolbert? A deep d-line that had Jim Jeffcoat, Leon Lett, Tony Cassius (I know I just butchered his name)Russel Maryland. He also said their linebackers wouldn't do well. Really? Doesn't he realize this d had speed and depth at every position? They match up great against the Pats offense because the Pats aren't a power running team. On offense, Dallas would just control the clock with Emmitt and Novachek and then hit Irvin on playaction all day long. This Pats team is a good one but the 93 Cowboys would win this one I'm sorry. Besides can everyone stop talking about these Pats as the best ever until they at least win the superbowl?

dndvalles

Reaction score
Don't worry about it. ESPN ran a special a couple years ago saying that USC was greatest college team in history (and favoring them to other college dynasties)......

Texas went ahead and beat them!

IronCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Everyone seems to forget that the Patriots in reality should be at this moment in time 13-2. But lucky breaks, gutsy calls, idiotic time-outs and bad reffing have allowed them to be undefeated.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
they have won all 3 Super Bowls by a combined 9 points...our worst Super Bowl vivtory in the 90s was by more than 9 points...we beat teams with Super Bowl pedigree.....the Bills had HOFer from the coaching staff to the players....the Pats have beaten the Rams, Panthers and Eagles....the ONLY HOFer in that group from the coaches to the players is Marshall Faulk and TO...and TO had not played in 6 weeks....they have had a respectable run... but Bill Walsh said they changed the rules of how the NFL did business because it looked like the Cowboys would reel of a slew of Super Bowls....not to mention the battles with the 49ers and Packers to get to the Super Bowl...and we all know about the pedigree of those teams.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
No one expected Parcells to pick our 93 team, did they? ;)

It's funny, though: If the Ravens had gotten just one of those calls (last second time out before the 4th down, the Gaffney bobbled TD), the Pats would be 14-1. Still fantastic, but would there be all this "All-Time Best" discussion? I doubt it. I don't remember anyone saying that the Minnesota team that went 15-1 would beat every single one of the best teams in NFL history. :cool:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Repeat after me.

It's only one man's opinion.

(P.S. I was anticipating a meltdown on the forum if Parcells said so.) :)

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Bill Parcells is an Idiot!

You could have stopped right there, 'nuff said. Never liked him, glad he's gone.

JPM

Reaction score
I saw the segment where they focused on the '99 Niners. I sear I thought Berman was going into heat when they talked about that team.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
IronCowboy;1861498 said:
Everyone seems to forget that the Patriots in reality should be at this moment in time 13-2. But lucky breaks, gutsy calls, idiotic time-outs and bad reffing have allowed them to be undefeated.

Oh, please.

Every team has the same kinds of luck during their run of dominance.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This NE team is not even CLOSE to even being a top 5 team of all time. It's not just disrepecting the Cowboys 93 team, there are a lot more teams that could have beaten this NE team who's defense is VERY overrated. This team can, and very well could be...........had.........by the end of the year.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1861509 said:

It's funny, though: If the Ravens had gotten just one of those calls (last second time out before the 4th down, the Gaffney bobbled TD), the Pats would be 14-1. Still fantastic, but would there be all this "All-Time Best" discussion? I doubt it. I don't remember anyone saying that the Minnesota team that went 15-1 would beat every single one of the best teams in NFL history. :cool:

I think not. I also don't think there would be all this discussion if the Cowboys were the team who is 15-0 right now. :espn:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1861509 said:

Because they didn't win the Super Bowl. They do, however, talk about the 15-1 Niners team and the 15-1 Bears team.

The "Greatest of All Time" label is only important and relevant if the Pats win the Super Bowl.

If they don't, they'll simply be another team that couldn't close the deal like the 15-1 Steelers of (2003) and the 15-1 Vikings team.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1861532 said:
Because they didn't win the Super Bowl. They do, however, talk about the 15-1 Niners team and the 15-1 Bears team.

The "Greatest of All Time" label is only important and relevant if the Pats win the Super Bowl.

If they don't, they'll simply be another team that couldn't close the deal like the 15-1 Steelers of (2003) and the 15-1 Vikings team.

True. So dontcha think they should hold off on this discussion until we see if the Pats win the Super Bowl?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1861532 said:

I agree with you, as surely almost anyone would... But obviously, ESPN doesn't. ;)

sporadic

Reaction score
I don't think you can even compare teams that far apart in time...a LOT has changed in 14 years. Athletes are bigger and faster. Especially comparing the 85 Bears to the current Pats team...that team would be hard pressed to beat any current team. The Bears only had 2 transcendant players, IMO (Walter Payton and Mike Singletary, maybe Richard Dent (I think he would be an above average player by todays standards but not even close to as dominant as he was in 85). Those stupid matchups of "the greatest teams ever" are completely stupid and should be taken for entertainment value only.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The '93 Cowboys offensive line would beat the current Patriots defense to a bloody, broken, pulp. Bruschi and Seau would be begging to get off the field.

I doubt the Cowboys would even have to throw the ball since they would have such staggering success running it.

But people can say whatever they want, like:

"We're drafting (Jacob) Rogers damnit!"

Doesn't make it right, does it?

Eddie

Reaction score
dndvalles;1861487 said:
Don't worry about it. ESPN ran a special a couple years ago saying that USC was greatest college team in history (and favoring them to other college dynasties)......

Texas went ahead and beat them!

I remember that. Dumbest program I'd ever seen. A week later, they lost to UT. Hilarious.