Bill Parcells is an Idiot! '07 Pats would beat '93 Cowboys

Bizwah

Reaction score
windward;1861961 said:
Mayybe Brady,but Aikman in 93 was unbelievably good.
Moss over Harper

Totally agree here. Moss easily over Harper.

Seymour over Tolbert

Maybe.....But Tolbert could really rush the passer. And, IIRC, our starting ends were Haley and Jim Jeffcoat. I don't take Seymour over either of them.

Vrabel over Dixon Edwards

Maybe.....But not over Darrin Smith or Ken Norton Jr.

Samuel over Larry Brown

I think Samuel is one of the most overrated CBs in today's game. I'm not sure he's any better than Larry Brown. Brown always had a way of making a big play at the right time.

Maybe Eugene Wilson over James Washington.

No.......IMHO, James Washington was our MVP of SB 28. He also made a couple of huge plays in SB 27.

Remember this....our safties were so good, that Darren Woodson was coming off the bench.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Pats Fan;1861979 said:
That is a no brainer. Brady is our team. Without him, well, we are just in the playoffs -- maybe.

No question, no doubt, no thought, Brady IS our team.

As was Montana.

You think Romo didn't make a difference in your team??? If you say, no we would be the same, well there is just no talking to you.

Brady IS the Patriots. A no brainer.

An argument could be made that Romo minus owens is going to struggle. Kind of evident last week.

I don't think Brady would lose that much with out Moss. He has done it in the past with no namers.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Bizwah;1861992 said:

Maybe.....But Tolbert could really rush the passer. And, IIRC, our starting ends were Haley and Jim Jeffcoat. I don't take Seymour over either of them.

I think Samuel is one of the most overrated CBs in today's game. I'm not sure he's any better than Larry Brown. Brown always had a way of making a big play at the right time.

No.......IMHO, James Washington was our MVP of SB 28. He also made a couple of huge plays in SB 27.

Remember this....our safties were so good, that Darren Woodson was coming off the bench.
Hey, I was struggling to think of these.:D

Bizwah

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1861969 said:
So you guys actually think guys like Rosevelt Colvin, Asante Samuel, Rodney Harrison, just to name a few, wouldn't make the 1993 Cowboys roster?

Interesting.

No one said that.

We're just saying that they would be hard-pressed to start on our 90s teams.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Bizwah;1861992 said:

Ahhh the good ole days.:D

goshan

Reaction score
The homerism in this thread is humorous.
But the biggest homer was Wick who said the '95 Cowboys were better than the 2007 Pats.
The 95 Cowboys were an average team when they won the SB. They were on the decline and were lucky to avoid the 49ers in the playoffs that year. They looked horrible in the SB and if it weren't for O'Donnel hitting Brown in the hands with two soft balls, we would have lost to an average Steeler team.
I think 2007 Pats versus 1993 Cowboys is a close game. The 2007 Pats would score quite easily on the Dallas 1993 D. But we probably win it in the end because I don't think the Pats D could stop us at all.
BTW, although the Boys fans think of the 1993 Cowboys as one of the all time greats, they really aren't mentioned in that elite list around the league.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
goshan;1862026 said:
But the biggest homer was Wick who said the '95 Cowboys were better than the 2007 Pats.
The 95 Cowboys were an average team when they won the SB. They were on the decline and were lucky to avoid the 49ers in the playoffs that year. They looked horrible in the SB and if it weren't for O'Donnel hitting Brown in the hands with two soft balls, we would have lost to an average Steeler team.
I think 2007 Pats versus 1993 Cowboys is a close game. The 2007 Pats would score quite easily on the Dallas 1993 D. But we probably win it in the end because I don't think the Pats D could stop us at all.
BTW, although the Boys fans think of the 1993 Cowboys as one of the all time greats, they really aren't mentioned in that elite list around the league.
The 95 Cowboys were average? Whatever, dude. We were lucky to avoid the 49ers? Bah, they should have beat the Packers at home, then. We were not horrible in the Super bowl, we just did not dominate like usual.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
goshan;1862026 said:

Duck;)

goshan

Reaction score
windward;1862030 said:
The 95 Cowboys were average? Whatever, dude.

Did you watch them in December or in the SB against the Steelers?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
windward;1862030 said:
The 95 Cowboys were average? Whatever, dude. We were lucky to avoid the 49ers? Bah, they should have beat the Packers at home, then. We were not horrible in the Super bowl, we just did not dominate like usual.

No doubt.

If a team with five Hall of Famers on it was average, what do you call the garbage Superbowls of the last few years?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
goshan;1862037 said:
Did you watch them in December or in the SB against the Steelers?
Yes, I did. They were not "average" They dominated the Eagles, beat a pretty good Packers team and managed to put away a feisty Steelers team that hung around.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Here's our starting lineup for Super Bowl 28. List your Pats players that would start.

BTW....I was mistaken about Jeffcoat. He came off the bench.

Gesek, John C
Gogan, Kevin G
Newton, Nate G
Tuinei, Mark T
Williams, Erik T
Novacek, Jay TE
Harper, Alvin WR Randy Moss
Irvin, Michael WR
Johnston, Daryl RB
Smith, Emmitt RB
Aikman, Troy QB

Casillas, Tony DT
Lett, Leon DT
Haley, Charles DE
Tolbert, Tony DE Richard Seymour
Norton, Ken LB
Smith, Darrin LB
Woodson, Darren DB **
Brown, Larry CB Samuel?
Smith, Kevin CB
Washington, James FS
Everett, Thomas SS

**Woodson was starting in place of a LB. The Bills were running their K-Gun offense. I know one of Parcells' criticisms of our team this morning was that we couldn't match up with the packages the Pats would throw at us.

Wrong.

Woody was awesome guarding the slot receiver early in his career. Remember, he was a 4.3 forty guy with a 40+ inch vertical. We also had Bill Bates, Kenny Gant (not real strong in coverage), Elvis Patterson, and Dave Thomas (who later went on to start for the NYG) that could come in and add more coverage.

The Pats have struggled (relatively) with physically imposing teams. Well, our 90s teams may have been the most physically imposing offenses of all time.

Anyway, if you see some other player that would start....fill them in.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
windward;1861961 said:
Mayybe Brady,but Aikman in 93 was unbelievably good.
Moss over Harper
Seymour over Tolbert
Vrabel over Dixon Edwards
Samuel over Larry Brown
Maybe Eugene Wilson over James Washington.

Moss over Harp.

Seymour would be a DT in Jimmy's D. Or at least in the rotation.

Vrabel does not have enough speed to play LB in Jimmy's D, he would have to play DE. It is a push between Vrabel and Tolbert, with a slight edge to Tolbert b/c he was better against the run. If anything, Adalius Thomas could displace Dixon Edwards OR Tony Tolbert, Thomas is that good of an athlete.

Samuel over Larry Brown. Agreed.

James Washington was playing out of his mind in '93, especially in the SB. No way he gets the nod.

A young Jr. Seau could have started for Jimmy, but not this year's version.

One more. Wes Welker over Kevin Williams.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Bizwah;1862049 said:
Here's our starting lineup for Super Bowl 28. List your Pats players that would start.

BTW....I was mistaken about Jeffcoat. He came off the bench.

Gesek, John C
Gogan, Kevin G
Newton, Nate G
Tuinei, Mark T
Williams, Erik T
Novacek, Jay TE
Harper, Alvin WR Randy Moss
Irvin, Michael WR
Johnston, Daryl RB
Smith, Emmitt RB
Aikman, Troy QB

Casillas, Tony DT
Lett, Leon DT
Haley, Charles DE
Tolbert, Tony DE Richard Seymour
Norton, Ken LB
Smith, Darrin LB
Woodson, Darren DB **
Brown, Larry CB Samuel?
Smith, Kevin CB
Washington, James FS
Everett, Thomas SS

**Woodson was starting in place of a LB. The Bills were running their K-Gun offense. I know one of Parcells' criticisms of our team this morning was that we couldn't match up with the packages the Pats would throw at us.

Wrong.

Woody was awesome guarding the slot receiver early in his career. Remember, he was a 4.3 forty guy with a 40+ inch vertical. We also had Bill Bates, Kenny Gant (not real strong in coverage), Elvis Patterson, and Dave Thomas (who later went on to start for the NYG) that could come in and add more coverage.

The Pats have struggled (relatively) with physically imposing teams. Well, our 90s teams may have been the most physically imposing offenses of all time.

Anyway, if you see some other player that would start....fill them in.
If you count slot receiver, i would take Wes Welker over Kevin Williams.

Bizwah

Reaction score
goshan;1862026 said:

This post is humorous.

95 team average?

We won the SB with practically NO HEAD COACHING WHATSOEVER!!!!

Switzer just sat back and was the head cheerleader.

You're also wrong about the Pats scoring easily on our 90s teams.

Not true.

You must've been 5 or something during the 90s. We were able to stop the Niners with Steve Young, Jerry Rice, John Taylor, and Ricky Watters....and Brent Jones....We were able to shut out the vaunted K-Gun offense with Kelly, Reed, Beebe, Brooks, Metzellaars, and Thomas....and Davis. We took on the Packers with Favre, Chewie, Jackson, Bennett, Levens, and Sharpe.

To think we couldn't stop Brady and Co is ridiculous. It would be tough, but it could be done.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
gazmc_06;1861893 said:
Pats will probably be crowned the best team ever in a few days...we were a very, very good team but not the best team ever. Not saying they would have beat the 93 'Boys because nobody can know that for sure, but the Pats team would definitely be the favorites to win it IMO.

Id love to have the opportunity to bet on that game.

Its easy to talk about it until the Dallas Cowboys actually step on the field.

People forget just how freakin good we really were.

Bizwah

Reaction score
windward;1862057 said:
If you count slot receiver, i would take Wes Welker over Kevin Williams.

I'm not sure I would. Williams is bigger, quicker, and faster. He didn't get the opportunities Welker gets.

He was just as dangerous of a returner. He had one of the best games a Cowboy WR ever had in 95.

We didn't throw the ball to the extent of this year's Pats' team. But I think Williams could've been just as good given the opportunities.

Of course, I'm being a homer here.....your point is taken.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Bizwah;1862066 said:
I'm not sure I would. Williams is bigger, quicker, and faster. He didn't get the opportunities Welker gets.

He was just as dangerous of a returner. He had one of the best games a Cowboy WR ever had in 95.

We didn't throw the ball to the extent of this year's Pats' team. But I think Williams could've been just as good given the opportunities.

That's a tough comparison for sure. It could honestly go either way. The Cowboys didn't need to go three or four-wide that much since they could just wera everyone down with Emmitt and the Oline.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Bizwah;1862066 said:

Our passing game if need be is as easily good as theres.

Problem is we didn't need to throw it to win. We had the most successful RB of all time with an OLINE that could push through anything.

Add to that we had the #1 D in the league in 92. Prolly wasn't to far behind in 93.

Its a parity league too compared to then. Its a joke.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
ESPN couldn't even give the Cowboys credit for being the best team IN 1992 and 1993. At that time, they were quite
25.gif
in love
25.gif
with the 49ers teams of those years. They could never consider any possibility that we would beat them in those NFC Championships. Same with the Packer in the 1995 season.

Why does anyone expect they would give those Cowboy teams any respect now?

:espn: