Bill Parcells is an Idiot! '07 Pats would beat '93 Cowboys

Bizwah

Reaction score
CATCH17;1862065 said:
Id love to have the opportunity to bet on that game.

Its easy to talk about it until the Dallas Cowboys actually step on the field.

People forget just how freakin good we really were.

Too true.

Plus, we had to play the Commanders, Eagles, and Giants twice. The Cardinals could even play tough. The NFC East was the best division in football. We won the SB four years running with our division.

The Pats got Miami, NYJ, and Buffalo twice.

Our schedule was tougher....much tougher.....the level of competition was much, much higher.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
goshan;1862037 said:
Did you watch them in December or in the SB against the Steelers?

It's funny because you are arguing them playing the Steelers

IN THE SB

See the funny part?

IN THE SB

The Pats aren't even in the SB yet and you want to crown them already.

W/E troll

goshan

Reaction score
Dallas;1862075 said:
It's funny because you are arguing them playing the Steelers

IN THE SB

See the funny part?

IN THE SB

The Pats aren't even in the SB yet and you want to crown them already.

W/E troll

No what is so funny? One thing that is funny is your sparse post obviously lacking depth and/or intellect. BTW, I didn't crown anyone but I believe based upon seeing both teams, the 2007 Pats were a better team than the 1995 Cowboys at the end of the season. Blame coaching but we weren't playing that well and were average at the end of the season. Which was proven by the performance in 1996.

Bizwah

Reaction score
goshan;1862083 said:
No what is so funny? One thing that is funny is your sparse post obviously lacking depth and/or intellect. BTW, I didn't crown anyone but I believe based upon seeing both teams, the 2007 Pats were a better team than the 1995 Cowboys at the end of the season. Blame coaching but we weren't playing that well and were average at the end of the season. Which was proven by the performance in 1996.

Well, the 2005 Cowboys were 9-7

kramskoi

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;1861877 said:
1993 Cowboys 12-4
The worst the Pats could do is 15-1.
That's a pretty good team in the age of FA. Not that Dallas wasn't a great team but they lost four games.
they also played in one of the toughest division in football...the biggest difference is in offensive philosophy...Dallas was ball control/play action and they were'nt interested in trying to mitigate the circumstances surrounding a breach of league rules...NE lines up in 4 WR and just come after you...with little or no regard for the running game...they WANT to turn the game into a track meet...Dallas, by the very nature of their philosophy, limited their own possessions in football games...teams were allowed to hang around.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
goshan;1862083 said:
What does 1996 have to do with 1995? They did not have Irvin the first five games of the year. If they did ,the team probably would have been 12-4 again.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
bayougirl1207;1862073 said:
ESPN couldn't even give the Cowboys credit for being the best team IN 1992 and 1993. At that time, they were quite
25.gif
in love
25.gif
with the 49ers teams of those years. They could never consider any possibility that we would beat them in those NFC Championships. Same with the Packer in the 1995 season.

Why does anyone expect they would give those Cowboy teams any respect now?

:espn:

Remember when they had the best superbowl teams of all time list and had the 94 49ers ahead of all of our 90's teams?

I had a good chuckle from that.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
bayougirl1207;1862073 said:
ESPN couldn't even give the Cowboys credit for being the best team IN 1992 and 1993. At that time, they were quite
25.gif
in love
25.gif
with the 49ers teams of those years. They could never consider any possibility that we would beat them in those NFC Championships. Same with the Packer in the 1995 season.

Why does anyone expect they would give those Cowboy teams any respect now?

:espn:

It's funny, but a case could be made that the '94 Cowboys were even better than the '92 & '93 teams. The team was that dominant. Injuries & cheating (Emmitt & Erik W, Eddie B circumventing the cap, refs no-calls) just caught up to that team at the wrong time.

Even with the mistakes (Jimmy's departure, turnovers, Switzer, etc.), the 49ers were hard pressed to beat that Cowboys team.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
BAT;1862104 said:
It's funny, but a case could be made that the '94 Cowboys were even better than the '92 & '93 teams. The team was that dominant. Injuries & cheating (Emmitt & Erik W, Eddie B circumventing the cap, refs no-calls) just caught up to that team at the wrong time.

Even with the mistakes (Jimmy's departure, turnovers, Switzer, etc.), the 49ers were hard pressed to beat that Cowboys team.
The 94 Cowboys lost an Ot game to the Lions (Thank you Broderick Thomas and Barry Sanders) to the 49ers when Aikman threw 3 INTs in 49ers territory, to the Browns when Novacek was stopped at the one yardline astime expired and a 15-10 game to the Giants played mostly with Rodney Peete minus Emmitt Troy and Irvin.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
satam55;1861476 said:
He said the Belicheats would beat the '93 Cowboys thirty something to twenty something. He said the Cowboys D wouldn't be able to generate enough pass rush. Really? Does this idiot realize that they had Charles Haley and Tony Tolbert? A deep d-line that had Jim Jeffcoat, Leon Lett, Tony Cassius (I know I just butchered his name)Russel Maryland. He also said their linebackers wouldn't do well. Really? Doesn't he realize this d had speed and depth at every position? They match up great against the Pats offense because the Pats aren't a power running team. On offense, Dallas would just control the clock with Emmitt and Novachek and then hit Irvin on playaction all day long. This Pats team is a good one but the 93 Cowboys would win this one I'm sorry. Besides can everyone stop talking about these Pats as the best ever until they at least win the superbowl?

DAMN IT MAN! SOMEONE HAS ATTACKED THE COWBOYS!!!!

amazing to me people let the media get 'em all riled up. so that's what parcells thinks. you think differently so to him you'd be the...idiot.

it's just an opinion. chill out, have a beer and enjoy your friday.

Reaction score
Who care, this coming from a guy that can't stay anywhere long enough to coach em' into the Superbowl...:laugh2:

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
After his 4 seasons in Dallas,I can't understand why this individual continues to be worshiped.
Anyone with an IQ above room temperature knows that he is not a great talent evaluator,and has never won anything without Belichick.
He cannot scheme to save his life,His mentality is basicly "Your man has to beat their man"....you know what Duane,sometimes their man is better than yours.That's why schemes are created,to neutralize certain players,something Duane apparently never understood(See Detroit game last year).
Miami,you better pray he is not in charge of building your O line.
Duane is responsible for Jacob Rogers,Al Johnson(2 time pro bowler Gurode,already on the roster was drafted by Jerry Jones) and Stephen Peterman.
All high picks,all gone.
Get ready Miami for LBs and TEs in bunches.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
iceberg;1862119 said:
DAMN IT MAN! SOMEONE HAS ATTACKED THE COWBOYS!!!!

Exactly!!

amazing to me people let the media get 'em all riled up. so that's what parcells thinks. you think differently so to him you'd be the...idiot.

it's just an opinion. chill out, have a beer and enjoy your friday.
Being able to rant like this is therapeutic. And the good thing is, I can have a beer while I'm ranting!! :beer1: It's all good!!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Artie Lange;1862137 said:
After his 4 seasons in Dallas,I can't understand why this individual continues to be worshiped.
Anyone with an IQ above room temperature knows that he is not a great talent evaluator,and has never won anything without Belichick.
He cannot scheme to save his life,His mentality is basicly "Your man has to beat their man"....you know what Duane,sometimes their man is better than yours.That's why schemes are created,to neutralize certain players,something Duane apparently never understood(See Detroit game last year).
Duane is responsible for Jacob Rogers,Al Johnson(2 time pro bowler Gurode,already on the roster was drafted by Jerry Jones) and Stephen Peterman.
All high picks,all gone.

Come on, Artie! If it were not for how he handled the QB position during his stay here we would not have Romo!

Yeah, maybe Payton brought him in, but Bill managed him just right! ;)

Retroflect(is that a word?) some. Think back. Remember pre Parcells. And thank him for where the Cowboys are because his hand is in some of it.

We can thank him because he is gone now...but damn! He did help...right? Some? At least?

;)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
bayougirl1207;1862154 said:
Exactly!!

Being able to rant like this is therapeutic. And the good thing is, I can have a beer while I'm ranting!! :beer1: It's all good!!

i suppose. : ) rant on - i'll back out of your way and grab a cold one myself.

i hope i mean beer....

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Artie Lange;1862137 said:
All high picks,all gone.
Under Parcells we have also acquired
Tony Romo
Marion Barber
Terry Glenn
Patrick Crayton
Jason Witten
Kyle Kosier
Marc Colombo
Jay Ratliff
Chris Canty
DeMatcus Ware
Bradie James
Terence Newman
Anthony Henry
Jacque Reeves
Pat Watkins
Mat McBriar

What a bum. Couldn't evaluate talent at all :rolleyes:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
windward;1862160 said:
Tony Romo
Marion Barber
Terry Glenn
Patrick Crayton
Jason Witten
Kyle Kosier
Marc Colombo
Jay Ratliff
Chris Canty
DeMatcus Ware
Bradie James
Terence Newman
Anthony Henry
Jacque Reeves
Pat Watkins
Mat McBriar

queue list of names that didn't pan out ... NOW...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
windward;1862160 said:
Tony Romo
Marion Barber
Terry Glenn
Patrick Crayton
Jason Witten
Kyle Kosier
Marc Colombo
Jay Ratliff
Chris Canty
DeMatcus Ware
Bradie James
Terence Newman
Anthony Henry
Jacque Reeves
Pat Watkins
Mat McBriar

Yeah, what a freaking loser!!

;)

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
bayougirl1207;1861515 said:
Bill Parcells is an Idiot!

You could have stopped right there, 'nuff said. Never liked him, glad he's gone.

NOt an idiot.......only a hater

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
iceberg;1862163 said:
queue list of names that didn't pan out ... NOW...
Most draft picks don't pan out.

I didn't even lsi some key contributers to this team this year like

Julius Jones
Anthony Fasano
Sam Hurd
Miles Austin
Marcus Spears
Akin Ayodele
Tony Curtis