Bills release Mike Williams

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQCOWBOY said:
This is absured. We need to look at anybody who has potential to fix our OT problem. This guy has talent. There are issues with him, no question. Having said that, the talent is there. He would not have been taken 4th over all if the natural ability was not present. If the coaching staff elects to go another way, that's there choice but to not look at him is rediculous.

Exactly.

The guy has talent. What he lacks is self-discipline.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Exactly.

The only talent he has is maneuving his way through the buffet line. I really don't think that Drew would want this guy here after what happened in Buffalo. That's another reason I wouldn't bank on signing him. We need beasts protecting our QB, not lazy slobs!:mad:

neosapien23

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Exactly.

At first I agreed with this statment, but Mike Williams does not care. He is about 20 lbs overweight and has not slimmed down in three seasons with the Bills. I would like to take a flier on him with a 1 year contract, but I don't think he will make it out of training camp. Rogers and Colombo have a better chance to win the RT job than this guy.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
neosapien23 said:
At first I agreed with this statment, but Mike Williams does not care. He is about 20 lbs overweight and has not slimmed down in three seasons with the Bills. I would like to take a flier on him with a 1 year contract, but I don't think he will make it out of training camp. Rogers and Colombo have a better chance to win the RT job than this guy.

Hey that's all I'm suggesting. Offer him a low cost contract and see what happens. Who knows he might make a decent guard.

neosapien23

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Hey that's all I'm suggesting. Offer him a low cost contract and see what happens. Who knows he might make a decent guard.

Low risk, high reward. :)

DLCassidy

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
So, I guess that's a bad thing then?

Newton, Allen and Williams all suffured from the same affliction. I don't see the down side to a move such as this.

I'm not sure what exactly you're proposing. IF Dallas were interested in this guy we will have to be the highest bidder for him. It's not like we can call him up and ask him to hang out this summer while we kick his enormous tires. And if you think he'll be a vet min type deal you're wrong. I'm sure there will be a few teams out there that think they can motivate Big Mike to love the game enough to work hard and lose some weight, come close to achieving his enormous potential. The one that ponies up the most will get the huge prize. It's sorta look the girl with big boobs that interviews for the secretary's job- she can't type and she chews gum all day but hey, she looks great in a halter!

But make no mistake- if it's us we'll be closing the door on guys that may have a fraction of Big Mike's talent but have shown they get "it". We'd be turning down the solid used car for what's behind door #2. I don't understand that thinking, especially after enduring the horror of the second half of last year. Because Big Mike is going to get a decent check somewhere, make no mistake. This isn't Madden, where you can change your roster at random. We have one shot this year to pick up a FA tackle. I just hope it isn't MW, because if it is we'll just be adding one more question mark to a position with a laundry list full of them.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
I'm not sure what exactly you're proposing. IF Dallas were interested in this guy we will have to be the highest bidder for him. It's not like we can call him up and ask him to hang out this summer while we kick his enormous tires. And if you think he'll be a vet min type deal you're wrong. I'm sure there will be a few teams out there that think they can motivate Big Mike to love the game enough to work hard and lose some weight, come close to achieving his enormous potential. The one that ponies up the most will get the huge prize. It's sorta look the girl with big boobs that interviews for the secretary's job- she can't type and she chews gum all day but hey, she looks great in a halter!

But make no mistake- if it's us we'll be closing the door on guys that may have a fraction of Big Mike's talent but have shown they get "it". We'd be turning down the solid used car for what's behind door #2. I don't understand that thinking, especially after enduring the horror of the second half of last year. Because Big Mike is going to get a decent check somewhere, make no mistake. This isn't Madden, where you can change your roster at random. We have one shot this year to pick up a FA tackle. I just hope it isn't MW, because if it is we'll just be adding one more question mark to a position with a laundry list full of them.

Touche! :laugh1: :laugh2: :lmao2: :lmao:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
This is absured. We need to look at anybody who has potential to fix our OT problem. This guy has talent. There are issues with him, no question. Having said that, the talent is there. He would not have been taken 4th over all if the natural ability was not present. .

ok ABC...just because they were drafted high means they were talented?

if that were true almost no top-10 picks would be busts then right?

some players might be busts because of the situation they land in, but the vast majority of guys are busts because they simply arnt good enough...Mike Williams is an example of that...he just isnt very good

David

neosapien23

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:

Mike Williams will only get a one year deal. He is overweight and has to shed some pounds. If anyteam gives him any more than that, they deserve to be shot. He is a three year vet, not an overweight rookie.

joseephuss

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
ok ABC...just because they were drafted high means they were talented?

if that were true almost no top-10 picks would be busts then right?

some players might be busts because of the situation they land in, but the vast majority of guys are busts because they simply arnt good enough...Mike Williams is an example of that...he just isnt very good

David

He isn't very good mentally, which is an important aspect. The mental toughness to work hard and such, which so far he has shown he lacks this part. Physically, he is talented. The mental part can actually change for guys depending on their situation, the physical part doesn't.

If Dallas can get him for a minimum contract, he would be worth bringing in to camp. That is a low risk. I would rather go with him because he is a tackle, unlike Tucker who is a guard being forced to become a tackle. I am not comparing him to other tackles on the team, just as an improvement on Tucker. I wouldn't want Dallas to get into a bidding war with another team.

A move to get him wouldn't be as the number one way to fix the o-line. He would just be brought in as a look see and potential veteran back up. He is an upgrade to Tucker.

neosapien23

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:

No way Bro. A team would have to be crazy to try and give this turd a long term contract. He hasn't done squat on the field in three years and is 360lbs!!

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
The only talent he has is maneuving his way through the buffet line. I really don't think that Drew would want this guy here after what happened in Buffalo. That's another reason I wouldn't bank on signing him. We need beasts protecting our QB, not lazy slobs!:mad:
You really need to stop with the were not gonna do it because drew does not like it stuff. We understand you want to have Drews baby but there only so much manlove a football forum can take before people tune you out and take nothing you say seriously,:eek: or is that what you are trying to do.