Blake Jarwin Contract

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My point of about Jarwin not beating out the competion.

Heck, Swaim was even getting more snaps than Jarwin. Then Swaim was injured and Jarwin rose on the roster.

It was not becuz he clearly was a superior player at the position.

I want him to do well but so far..he really has not done much.

McCarthy must have thought he was OK but I think McCarthy is going to play with that position in the offense.

Again..I do not know. I do know the contract they gave him was not a long term thing.

So the team has to have it's doubts, too.

I surely see they have moved Witten's money out to other positions for now.

My overall feeling is that without a top TE we will not succeed. The longer we delay securing that position, the longer we wait for real success.

Every great QB we ever had played with a top TE. It was part of the lethality of the scoring threat. Especially in the playoffs where you are playing top defenses with top DCs.

So thats my thought there and it has lots of history behind it.
Romo also started his career not playing, but would you have said a few years into his career he didn't have the ability to beat out Bledsoe or Drew Henson?

As things play out the original incomplete information is irrelevant and the known facts start to control.

As for Swaim, he had been on the team a few years, and Jarwin was an undrafted free agent converting from WR to TE that the team knew needed time to develop. Ultimately Jarwin showed the team enough to make Swaim expendable, so that is obviously the relevant info.

As for Gathers, in his only year on the active roster he only had 3 catches to Jarwin's 27, so even the then known information didn't suggest Jarwin couldn't beat out Gathers.

As for him not doing much so far, I agree that he still has to prove himself. But he hasn't had the chance to be the top TE before now, so the info is incomplete. What info we do have is promising though. His TD %, catch rate, and yards per catch have all been strong, so it's a matter of seeing how it translates when there are more opportunities.