Blake Jarwin speaks up to defend Jason Witten

DFWJC

Reaction score
Gotta like the attitude. Not as many entitled divas in the UDFAs. He *could* have been disgruntled about Witten taking so many snaps last year. Most of us were. Instead, classy. I hope he works out.

Witten always had the reputation as not wanting to help other TEs, but that likely did change last year, with Witten seeing his career wind down, and wanting to take up coaching.
That really wasn't true.
If he had the rep, it was undeserved.
He always would help anyone that asked. But outside of the TE room--where he helped everyone--they actually had to meet him halfway
Marty B is the reason some assumed what they assumed.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Witten couldn't beat the tortoise in a foot race. That is one of the reasons why he now wears black and silver.
Age is undefeated. Age 38 at that size...dude was slow toward the end.

Coming out of college and during his first 3-4 years, his speed (4.65), even at 6'6 260, was FASTER than Dak's (4.79)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I still can't figure out why anyone finds this interesting. Good for him.
It's the counter argument to the people who believe that Witten was selfish and a bad teammate, because a disgruntled ex-teammate and a guy who's never even met Witten said he refused to mentor other tight ends, for fear of losing his job to them.

I'd like to thank the OP for posting this.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That really wasn't true.
If he had the rep, it was undeserved.
He always would help anyone that asked. But outside of the TE room--where he helped everyone--they actually had to meet him halfway
Marty B is the reason some assumed what they assumed.

Witten was giving himself that rep. "It's not my job to coach." Also a guy who had the reputation of refusing to get off the field.

Marty B was flakey. But by his own report, wasn't getting the support he expected, and clearly wasn't developed to his potential here.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Witten was giving himself that rep. "It's not my job to coach." Also a guy who had the reputation of refusing to get off the field.

Marty B was flakey. But by his own report, wasn't getting the support he expected, and clearly wasn't developed to his potential here.
I stand by my previous post.

And either way, it's certainly not Witten's fault if Dallas did not develop slacker Marty B when he was here.
He's probably the only player I've ever heard of where fans blame another player instead of the actual coaching staff for that stuff.
It's total bull crap

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Or there were defensive tackles on this team that were faster than him

Can't remember who, but somebody was in the last 2-3 years that Witten was still running a 4.65 forty. Color me skeptical.

Witten hasn't had speed going back to 2011 at least. Yet Romo kept squeezing production out of him through 2014.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Can't remember who, but somebody was in the last 2-3 years that Witten was still running a 4.65 forty. Color me skeptical.

Witten hasn't had speed going back to 2011 at least. Yet Romo kept squeezing production out of him through 2014.
His top speed last year was clocked at 16 mph. My son can prolly run faster than him at 15

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
The disdain on here for Witten is absolutely pathetic. He’s one of the best to ever wear the star, a first ballot HOFer, and one of the top 3 TE’s to ever play the game. He saved our ***** many times. It’s not a players job to take themselves off the field. That’s up to the coaching staff if they think there’s a better option (newsflash, there hasn’t been) and/or for other TEs on the roster to put him on the sideline by outperforming him (none did). It’s admirable for any player to want to stay on the field, especially when they’re playing hurt and are older. It’s sure as hell better than players that tap out when they get a hangnail.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DeMarco Murray's words mean something to Jason Witten

i

Former Cowboys RB DeMarco Murray messaged Ezekiel Elliott and told him to follow the ways of Jason Witten if he wanted to have success in Dallas.

Read Full Story

It was definitely past time for Witten to retire or leave, but let's stop pushing a narrative that was started by Mary B who got his feelings hurt that he wasn't just given a starting job and despised the fact he had to earn it.

Even Hooper said he didn't know Witten before saying he was not like him, which should tell most people without an agenda all they need to know about Hooper.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's the counter argument to the people who believe that Witten was selfish and a bad teammate, because a disgruntled ex-teammate and a guy who's never even met Witten said he refused to mentor other tight ends, for fear of losing his job to them.

I'd like to thank the OP for posting this.
Makes sense.

I guess I've gotten to where I ignore the Witten bashers because they're just so lame.