Blake Jarwin speaks up to defend Jason Witten

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jarwin wasn’t good enough to to replace Witten a year and a half ago. Reality is about to slap fans in the face when they realize that the TEs on the roster are not good enough to carry Witten’s jock strap, even at this late point in his career.
I agree to a point, but Jarwin has come on pretty strong. I still think Witten is more reliable, but Jarwin has more big play potential, and it seems like the more experience he gets, the more reliable he becomes. If he has 75% of Witten's peak production I'll be happy.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak's accuracy has gotten a lot better. He's an accurate QB now. I still don't consider him a guy to really place the ball to throw a WR open. That kind of skill usually comes with more years in the league. He may still get there. May not be that long. He made huge strides last year.
He started off last year throwing guys open, but for some reason he seemed to lose that a bit. Of course, it's possible he did it more than it seemed, and the dropped passes just made me forget the throws. All that aside, he definitely looked better in that regard last year, compared to previous seasons.

erod

Reaction score
Blake Jarwin took exception to comments made by Cleveland’s Austin Hooper about Jason Witten’s reported unwillingness to help. “You talk about a leader in the tight end room. He taught me a lot,” Jarwin said. “I know there’s been rumors that may be he wasn’t the best teammates to the tight ends and I couldn’t disagree more. Me and (Dalton) Schultz talked quite a bit about that lately, just what we’ve learned from him the respect for the game he has and what he’s taught us as players.”

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer
The attacks on Witten by Cowboys fans late in his career have been among the worst things I've ever seen from Cowboys fans. And there have been plenty of other examples.

That is why the Cowboy fan base is the most embarrassing and ridiculously stupid of any sport or team on the planet. Full of lowest common denominators and clueless dolts who wouldn't know a football from a rutabaga.

kskboys

Reaction score
The attacks on Witten by Cowboys fans late in his career have been among the worst things I've ever seen from Cowboys fans. And there have been plenty of other examples.

That is why the Cowboy fan base is the most embarrassing and ridiculously stupid of any sport or team on the planet. Full of lowest common denominators and clueless dolts who wouldn't know a football from a rutabaga.
Boyhowdy.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Blake Jarwin took exception to comments made by Cleveland’s Austin Hooper about Jason Witten’s reported unwillingness to help. “You talk about a leader in the tight end room. He taught me a lot,” Jarwin said. “I know there’s been rumors that may be he wasn’t the best teammates to the tight ends and I couldn’t disagree more. Me and (Dalton) Schultz talked quite a bit about that lately, just what we’ve learned from him the respect for the game he has and what he’s taught us as players.”

i

Shut up Jarhead.
Witten would not care for you --- ever!
Bloke, be tough.
Be your own man and brand yourself as pro bowl.
You don't need Witten. He's finished.
Don't be a suck up, be Jarwin!

johneric8

Reaction score
Then there must be a bunch of other below average tight ends in the league. His stats say he was average last year. I'm not saying average was good enough, but he was average and wasn't elite.

Which young guys flourished elsewhere after sitting behind Witten? Anthony Fasano didn't flourish. He was the true definition of a below average tight end. Gavin Escobar definitely didn't flourish. He did absolutely nothing after leaving Dallas. Martellus Bennett is the only one that did well outside of Dallas and as I mentioned before teams didn't go out of their way to retain him long. He would have done more in Dallas had he had a better attitude. Also, his final year in Dallas he dealt with some nagging injuries that limited him during games.

Bennett played from 2012 to 2017 after he left Dallas. He put up 348 receptions, 3727 yards and 26 TDs post Cowboys. During that same time period Jason Witten produced 456 receptions, 4539 yards and 27 TDs.
I was referring to cowboys players doing well elsewhere in general and not tight ends. My point was that with Garrett he had his faves and it was to a determent to rookies needing developmental time. Whit had too many snaps last year that was easy to see.

Section446

Reaction score
Great, he was a good teammate, he held the offense back for years.

kskboys

Reaction score
I was referring to cowboys players doing well elsewhere in general and not tight ends. My point was that with Garrett he had his faves and it was to a determent to rookies needing developmental time. Whit had too many snaps last year that was easy to see.
Of course. However, bashing him due to poor coaching is lame beyond lame.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Jarwin im sure knows the deal but hes being professional. Everyone knows Witten shouldnt have taken all of those snaps away from him last year

Exactly. Anyone who really reads this at face value is being silly. Get him in a room off the record and I bet the thoughts are totally different. Jarwin was on his way to breaking out and the old man comes out of "retirement" and immediately takes over his job while proving zero. You really think he enjoyed that? Most athletes are not going to speak their mind on the record for several reasons.

Just like any player who praises Garrett. They are not going to speak their true feelings on the record.

kskboys

Reaction score
He was the greatest tight end in team history and the second greatest tight end of all time.
Yup.

Hey, we all know he shouldn't have been playing that many snaps when he came back. However, that's on the coaches, no reason to bash him.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

i

OK then it is the obvious with Witten. If you had the talent to replace him, he is not helping you. That is not a Team Leader and Winner and the results prove it. So Darren Waller better watch his back as he has far more physical talent and ability at this stage that Witten. Martellus Bennett and Rico Gathers know the true Jason Witten.

joseephuss

Reaction score
OK then it is the obvious with Witten. If you had the talent to replace him, he is not helping you. That is not a Team Leader and Winner and the results prove it. So Darren Waller better watch his back as he has far more physical talent and ability at this stage that Witten. Martellus Bennett and Rico Gathers know the true Jason Witten.

Martellus Bennett never had the talent to replace Witten. Bennett was good, but he was never at the level of Witten. Rico Gathers? Really?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Exactly. Anyone who really reads this at face value is being silly. Get him in a room off the record and I bet the thoughts are totally different. Jarwin was on his way to breaking out and the old man comes out of "retirement" and immediately takes over his job while proving zero. You really think he enjoyed that? Most athletes are not going to speak their mind on the record for several reasons.

Just like any player who praises Garrett. They are not going to speak their true feelings on the record.

A ridiculous take. I definitely take Jarwin at his word. I don't take Martellus Bennett at his. The Bennetts are proven malcontents.

kskboys

Reaction score
How do you not know that how much each player plays is up to the coaches?