Twitter: Blake Jarwin to IR

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
His inability to stay healthy has derailed his career. He had a golden opportunity last year after Witten was released and ended up missing almost all of last season. Dalton Schultz stepped up and hasn’t looked back. Some on this board were really high on Jarwin, I wasn’t one of them. He only seemed to play well against the Giants. He had a couple of big games against them. He would make an occasional catch down the field and disappear for a few games. The Cowboys will likely move on from him after this season.

817Gill

Reaction score
A broken record this year, but these backups that will get the spotlight now are probably determining Jarwin's contract status next year. (Assuming we re-sign Schultz)

Feels like we should have better depth at this position. Parcells used to say you can ever draft enough TEs.
You’re gonna be plenty happy with McKeon. Watching him in camp and preseason you could tell he had taken a step. The coaching staff has been raving about him and saying he’s taken a leap forward. From what I’ve seen and what they’ve done so far I believe it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Just a couple of years ago many on this board were passing the torch from Witten to Blake Jarwin. He was supposed to be the next great thing at TE according to the brainiacs here. They were anointing Jarwin and wanting Dalton Schultz cut. I’ll admit I wasn’t high on Schultz but I didn’t think Jarwin was the answer either. I didn’t think we had a quality starting TE on the roster. Schultz has developed into a quality starting TE.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I prefer Dalton. He is a poor man Witten and getting better. I trust our staff will have the new backup TE coached up..

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I like Schultz and want to resign him but I’m not going to be heartbroken if he leaves for greener pastures.
Schultz better not go nowhere. He is a system TE and not a baller/difference maker TE. He needs baller WRs around him. See Swain if you want to no how Schultz would turn out some where else.

Jerry should have waited to see what Jarwin was at TE before long term contract. However it takes 2 years to recover from his type of knee injury.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is too bad. He didn’t have the stats this year but he did draw attention.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just a couple of years ago many on this board were passing the torch from Witten to Blake Jarwin. He was supposed to be the next great thing at TE according to the brainiacs here. They were anointing Jarwin and wanting Dalton Schultz cut. I’ll admit I wasn’t high on Schultz but I didn’t think Jarwin was the answer either. I didn’t think we had a quality starting TE on the roster. Schultz has developed into a quality starting TE.
Including you.

movaughn88

Reaction score
I don’t think they can (or should) afford what Schultz will get on the open market.

Stash, I really really really hope they can keep Schultz. He's an incredible blocker (would have made the block Jarwin missed on the zeke pitch-out).

If I'm the FO I'm willing to go into the 8m aav range for him for 3-4 years.

Call me crazy - but that guy has done nothing but improve, do the dirty work as well, and kept his head down.

Jarwin is gone with a capital G - $2m dead cap and $5m in cap save

Edit: no prob w/ Jarwin, just not a player this team needs.